What's new

Tech Ares mb teleport tech and set ups

snort

Noob
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't had any problems during matches, and I'm in practice mode right now and can d1~d4 like normal immediately after teleport
if you do it at a fast pace trait won't release. if you do it slow sure you can do it but the point of MB tele is to do things at a faster pace.

4x4lo8o

Noob
if you do it at a fast pace trait won't release. if you do it slow sure you can do it but the point of MB tele is to do things at a faster pace.
I'm not able to replicate this problem. What control scheme are you using?

ryublaze

Noob
I haven't gotten to play around with Ares much after the patch so is this all of Ares' new strats? B1 away teleport does seem like a good footsie tool. Are all of the setups with MB tele worth the bar of meter just for advantage? Do you think MB tele is worth it to punish full screen projectiles that regular tele couldn't punish?

4x4lo8o

Noob
I haven't gotten to play around with Ares much after the patch so is this all of Ares' new strats? B1 away teleport does seem like a good footsie tool. Are all of the setups with MB tele worth the bar of meter just for advantage? Do you think MB tele is worth it to punish full screen projectiles that regular tele couldn't punish?
No one's really posted much yet. I think it's just because the patch is new and people are busy playing the game and figuring out the new tools as opposed to ironing out set ups to post on TYM. It also might just be that the new teleports are more of a tool that you just use on wake up and in the neutral game than something that's going to be really useful in set ups.

I think the MB teleport after a string can be worth it. Not just for the mix up/pressure afterwards, but it can also be good to use a couple times in a set just so that the threat is there. Then you can mix in invis or teleports away and they're less likely to react quickly because you could be doing a mb teleport that'll blow them up if they move.

I don't know about how mb tele works against zoners, I haven't played enough of those match ups to be sure, but I suspect it'll be pretty good. Being able to punish stuff you couldn't before is good, but it also helps make teleport safer and that's a big deal. In a lot of zoning match ups you can't teleport on reaction, it has to be a read and if it's a bad one you get blown up. Now you can make a bad read and still be safe. I think that'll be fairly significant, especially against stuff like Deathstrokes who like to punish teleport with Sword Flip

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I haven't found anything projectile zoning-wise that you can punish with MB tele that you couldn't punish with regular before. This is because the start-up is still the same ie too slow to tele on reaction, so really you're meter burning it in order to make it safe in case you guessed wrong and they didn't throw out the projectile - not to punish the projectile because you have quicker recovery.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I haven't found anything projectile zoning-wise that you can punish with MB tele that you couldn't punish with regular before. This is because the start-up is still the same ie too slow to tele on reaction, so really you're meter burning it in order to make it safe in case you guessed wrong and they didn't throw out the projectile - not to punish the projectile because you have quicker recovery.
exactly the same problems with teleport exists in that the startup is the same, its just as reactable too when its just thrown as well, there can always be a throw waiting or a character that can simply throw quicker normals

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
exactly the same problems with teleport exists in that the startup is the same, its just as reactable too when its just thrown as well, there can always be a throw waiting or a character that can simply throw quicker normals
Reacting to the start up isn't that hard but reacting to where he ends up isn't as easy.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Reacting to the start up isn't that hard but reacting to where he ends up isn't as easy.
that is entirely true haha, Im having trouble findin viabiity for mb tele myself, they nerfed the away teles with a whopping 33 frames of recovery over 20 or 19 that regular had. but its just a nice get out of the corner wu

snort

Noob
that is entirely true haha, Im having trouble findin viabiity for mb tele myself, they nerfed the away teles with a whopping 33 frames of recovery over 20 or 19 that regular had. but its just a nice get out of the corner wu
Like I said, MB tele is sorta overrated. However, I've just recentely found a 52% midscreen with it though.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
the recovery makes it harder to play keep away then I first thought. so i play ares almost no diffrently than i did before, only 2,2 is sexy now.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
I haven't been able to "HIGH" damage off of the MB Teleports but have got some decent combos off.
J2,112,D4,DF3+MB,223 = 31% After the 223 you can MB God Smack and go for the reset if they don't tech roll.

the new teleports are amazing for playing a nasty runaway game. The mb teleport seems kinda useless besides saving u from a read teleport but i felt that way for awhile id rather spend the meter on pushblocks and fireball. But if used right you can really keep your distance from most characters with normals that end in backwards teleports and just spamming the new teleports to throw your oponent off guard. Also invisable with the new teleports and chucking shit at people is really good now. I feel like im able to frustrate people alot more so that i can open them up for easier godsmacks and pressure.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so does character have any legit tech with his ports, or are they strait up gimmicks?