What's new

Tech Ares mb teleport tech and set ups

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm sure there's going to be a flood of this stuff, so post all new teleport related tech and set ups here. Combos go in the stickied combo thread.

Initial observations about the buffs:
The new teleports(Warp Away and Warp Escape) have longer recoveries; 33 frames as opposed to 19 frames like his old teleports. I think this is fair, they're still safe in most situations. They move you about a half screen away.
The inputs are kind of strange. Not what I expected, but intuitive in an odd way
db3f for Warp Escape and df3b for Warp Away

MB Teleport is completely safe:

3d2~mb teleport and b21~mb teleport are both advantage on block. Both are at least +4, you can 112 and beat Flash's reversal Flying Uppercut

22~mb teleport, 112~mb teleport, and b1~mb teleport are all unpunishable(the start up on teleport can't be stuffed) and probably leave you between -2 and -5

b1~mb teleport can combo into 112, which is cool because it gives a safe way to confirm b1 into a combo(b1~d4 is unsafe and not hit confirmable)

b1~tele away is going to be obnoxious.
The start up is un-interruptable on block, and once they start throwing projectiles and shit to punish you can start doing tele behind.
b1~mb teleport behind(for combo) and b1~teleport away start with the same input.
That might be hit confirmable

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i always wanted to use ares when the game first came out, but now he looks ridiculous, he's like raiden now if you have meter, can you imagine MB invis and MB teleport shenanigans?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Waking up with the new teleports is easy - you can mash the input like normal to get the wakeup, then press the direction when you see Ares stand up.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Waking up with the new teleports is easy - you can mash the input like normal to get the wakeup, then press the direction when you see Ares stand up.
yeah, and the way they chose the directions was smart. The modifying direction at the end being the opposite direction of the one you used to start the teleport makes it so you can't accidentally do the far teleport just because you were mashing df3 and mistakenly held forward. It's very easy to get the teleport you want

4x4lo8o

Noob
b1~teleport away is going to be really annoying for people to deal with

string~teleport away in general is probably going to be really good in some match ups. It'll help make up for Ares poor backdash

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Need to figure out how to get away behind tele to come out on wakeup when you're being crossed up. First motion happens prior, then direction input happens after

edit: seem like you just have to do the motion that ends in the direction you want to escape to and it will always come out

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
so uhh, is mb-tele~throw just a guranteed 11% damage whenever you want it? Its like instant, and unblockable and unhittable out of it.

you'd have to just jump at the right time and get super lucky.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Teleport has so much startup that anyone can jump it easily even meter burned if you're just throwing it out in the neutral

Flagg

Noob
I'm sure there's going to be a flood of this stuff, so post all new teleport related tech and set ups here. Combos go in the stickied combo thread.

Initial observations about the buffs:
The new teleports(Warp Away and Warp Escape) have longer recoveries; 33 frames as opposed to 19 frames like his old teleports. I think this is fair, they're still safe in most situations. They move you about a half screen away.
The inputs are kind of strange. Not what I expected, but intuitive in an odd way
db3f for Warp Escape and df3b for Warp Away

MB Teleport is completely safe:

3d2~mb teleport and b21~mb teleport are both advantage on block. Both are at least +4, you can 112 and beat Flash's reversal Flying Uppercut

22~mb teleport, 112~mb teleport, and b1~mb teleport are all unpunishable(the start up on teleport can't be stuffed) and probably leave you between -2 and -5

b1~mb teleport can combo into 112, which is cool because it gives a safe way to confirm b1 into a combo(b1~d4 is unsafe and not hit confirmable)

b1~tele away is going to be obnoxious.
The start up is un-interruptable on block, and once they start throwing projectiles and shit to punish you can start doing tele behind.
b1~mb teleport behind(for combo) and b1~teleport away start with the same input.
That might be hit confirmable
His mb teleport is even safe against grabs.

I was playing a decent player last night as Lobo and he was Ares but he was getting into a pattern. I predicted a teleport so inputted a reverse Czar Toss as I knew he was going to appear behind me, but it completely whiffed on him. Think i'm gonna dust off my Ares gauntlets and play around with him again.

snort

Noob
MB tele is overrated and Ares is still garbage and I'm saying this as an ares main. MB tele is useless if you can't link to d1 trait or b2 trait.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
His mb teleport is even safe against grabs.

I was playing a decent player last night as Lobo and he was Ares but he was getting into a pattern. I predicted a teleport so inputted a reverse Czar Toss as I knew he was going to appear behind me, but it completely whiffed on him. Think i'm gonna dust off my Ares gauntlets and play around with him again.
I dont agree, i did mb teleport and opponent could grab me and i couldnt even tech it

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
MB tele is overrated and Ares is still garbage and I'm saying this as an ares main. MB tele is useless if you can't link to d1 trait or b2 trait.
Yeah maybe your a ares main, but its not like you contributed much on the ares forums, i usually disagreed with most that you posted anyway.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What do you mean if you can't link d1 trait?

I dont agree, i did mb teleport and opponent could grab me and i couldnt even tech it
I've been testing and it seems like you can do a just frame grab that can't be jumped out of, but I haven't found any way get a throw on mb tele that can't be teched.
Also, mb tele behind can't ever be throw(unless there's some command grab or something I'm unaware that autocorrect which way you face or has a ridiculous behind the back hitbox) because to land the just frame grab that can't be jumped out of you have to do it preemptively which means it'll be facing the wrong direction if Ares teleports behind.

So I'd say mb teleport beats grabs. If someone is using grab to punish your teleport consistently, do mb tele and blow them up with a nj2

Flagg

Noob
Linking the d1 after a mb teleport is not easy. I mean online you might as well forget about it.

snort

Noob
What do you mean if you can't link d1 trait?

So I'd say mb teleport beats grabs. If someone is using grab to punish your teleport consistently, do mb tele and blow them up with a nj2
After you do MB tele you can't do d1 into sword at the fast pace, you can do the d1 but the trait wont come out. This would have been huge for Ares if we were able to do it. It would have been 50/50 with MB tele into d1 trait or MB tele into b3 trait. I don't really see any use for dumping meter into tele now honestly.

4x4lo8o

Noob
After you do MB tele you can't do d1 into sword at the fast pace, you can do the d1 but the trait wont come out. This would have been huge for Ares if we were able to do it. It would have been 50/50 with MB tele into d1 trait or MB tele into b3 trait. I don't really see any use for dumping meter into tele now honestly.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I haven't had any problems during matches, and I'm in practice mode right now and can d1~d4 like normal immediately after teleport