What's new

Match Footage Ares gameplay videos

InFlames

dead
Thats a sick ares man. In the corner i mess up alot by forward jumping instead of neutral jump2.
Same for the 112 string in the corner, i often miss alot of damages when hitting with 112, and not adjusting to the height of there hitbox where i could do another 112.
And that setup with the ambigious crossup is so good. I really should practise more on it.
Nice video!
Thanks man. I don't know why people don't use the cross-up tech, once you get used to the timing it's not that hard. I should really start using the GS variation though.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
never seen a deathstroke go as many games without using a j3...especially against a character as weak to it as ares

InFlames

dead
^ Dat double post tho.

never seen a deathstroke go as many games without using a j3...especially against a character as weak to it as ares
Are you talking about Rampage? He starts using it more throughout, but yeah Ares has no way around his J3 so abusing it would be the right choice.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Am I being punked here? Every time I click on one of Mr Aquaman's links to his gameplay, it goes to a twitch page saying there is no video

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sorry guys, im just gonna get an avermedia and RECORD everything, my bad

4x4lo8o

Noob
You know you have to tell twitch to save your videos, right? Otherwise it deletes them by default after a few days

4x4lo8o

Noob
Note to future readers of the this thread: the patch 1.06 came out yesterday, which means all video from this point out should be the current version and everything before this is from an older version

www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/466709660
Some day 1 v1.06 gameplay. I pull out Ares around 1:03. Don't have anything too fancy going yet, mostly just shaking off the dust and getting the hang of using the new teleports.
There's a long set against Bane, then a really good set with WW around 1:30 and after that I think there's some Scorpion and Black Adam

4x4lo8o

Noob
Nice corner setup vs batman :)
That shit is so ridiculous against people who haven't seen it before. Nothing like losing an entire life bar because the game lied to you about which side the opponent was on.

Even against people who know how it works, it's still really good against most character that don't have an option select wake up

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
That shit is so ridiculous against people who haven't seen it before. Nothing like losing an entire life bar because the game lied to you about which side the opponent was on.

Even against people who know how it works, it's still really good against most character that don't have an option select wake up
I use that set up online a lot of the time online, but I'm trying to find a away to hit on the right side instead of the left, or just find more mind fuck options after the ambiguous stuff.

I think starting the corner combo with f2 3 puts him right side after warp, but its happened differently online, where I can't control what side I'm on.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I use that set up online a lot of the time online, but I'm trying to find a away to hit on the right side instead of the left, or just find more mind fuck options after the ambiguous stuff.

I think starting the corner combo with f2 3 puts him right side after warp, but its happened differently online, where I can't control what side I'm on.
It has to do with gravity and how low they are to the ground when you teleport. High gravity and low to the ground puts you in the corner. Most of the time you can put yourself in the corner by delaying the the 112~teleport. You can also put yourself in the corner every time by using 123~teleport. It does slightly less damage and leaves you with a bit less advantage and it's less ambiguous if the opponent can recognize the string and knows how it works, but in most cases it works fine

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
It has to do with gravity and how low they are to the ground when you teleport. High gravity and low to the ground puts you in the corner. Most of the time you can put yourself in the corner by delaying the the 112~teleport. You can also put yourself in the corner every time by using 123~teleport. It does slightly less damage and leaves you with a bit less advantage and it's less ambiguous if the opponent can recognize the string and knows how it works, but in most cases it works fine
In practice right now, I see the delayed 112 as the better choice, when we wouldn't have to change the beginning or last string.

4x4lo8o

Noob
B13 is you're friend in the Grundy match, throw invul
Yeah, usually I abuse that a lot in that match up. I remember being frustrated during that set about it not working as well as I wanted. I don't if it was just tournament nerves and using it poorly, if B Wizz was just outfootsie-ing me, or if it's not as good as I thought