What's new

Match Footage Ares gameplay videos

InFlames

dead

4x4lo8o

Noob
That 'match extended' with Sid was awesome. Especially how you won even though his trait was up when it happened.

The games with Revolver were great. His Lex is so awesome to watch.
I think you've gotta try to zone more against Lex. Once Ares gets momentum in the zoning game it's really hard for Lex to get anything up or get in. There were a bunch of times when you hard a perfect chance to start throwing a bunch of stuff but then you just teleported in and he blocked whatever you did and ended up in his face where it's easier for him to mix you up or get a knockdown.(I didn't get to watch the whole thing, so forgive me if you were figuring out the match up and were doing better by the end of the set)

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That 'match extended' with Sid was awesome. Especially how you won even though his trait was up when it happened.

The games with Revolver were great. His Lex is so awesome to watch.
I think you've gotta try to zone more against Lex. Once Ares gets momentum in the zoning game it's really hard for Lex to get anything up or get in. There were a bunch of times when you hard a perfect chance to start throwing a bunch of stuff but then you just teleported in and he blocked whatever you did and ended up in his face where it's easier for him to mix you up or get a knockdown.(I didn't get to watch the whole thing, so forgive me if you were figuring out the match up and were doing better by the end of the set)
yeah the extended one was hype as hell. and i have problems laming it out. i played a set of about 40 games with Reno at NEC and he told me this afterward, "dude when you played aggressive it was nasty but able to be handled, when you purely zoned I couldnt do anything" and the more i play and actually pay attention to it now it goes alot better when propoerly zoned. I just havent put the time in to utulize it or try. I havent played like that ofline since before TFC. KI became big around here and Ive been winnning the weeklys for that so IGAU got away from me, and yeah I changed the stage against revolver to get off solitude and got asylum, he only beat me once there I think.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
dat f2, 3, trait cancel cross up! Loved the patience man. Ill be watching this a few times and saying some things, well done!

I love ares but he needs more match videos. Youtube preferable because i cant watch twitch replays on an ipad for some reason. Actually he needs more match videos in general. Its a shame he's sort of underrepresented.

4x4lo8o

Noob

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Mr Aquaman at Defend the North

vs 7l's Green Arrow
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/494451855?t=116m

I think in that first match he went for a b1 and accidental un-invis'd himself :(

vs Chemist4hire's Catwoman
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/494451855?t=194m

vs King James' Green Lantern
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/494451855?t=230m

vs G from the streets' Flash and then Jonitti's Deathstroke
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/494451855?t=245m

And he'll be in top 8 later today
did u see that glance he gave 'g from the streets' after that first game? As if to say 'wtf are u doing?'
Too fucking funny!

InFlames

dead
Mr Aquaman was doing really good in the first match with 7L. He needs to backdash those Super setups tho, he was soo close.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Mr Aquaman was doing really good in the first match with 7L. He needs to backdash those Super setups tho, he was soo close.

I'm pretty sure everything he got hit by was guaranteed. The one in the first match was a combo and the one off the freeze arrow you can't back dash if they do it right. The only one you can back dash is the string cancelled into the Super

InFlames

dead
I'm pretty sure everything he got hit by was guaranteed. The one in the first match was a combo and the one off the freeze arrow you can't back dash if they do it right. The only one you can back dash is the string cancelled into the Super
You can backdash the first one. The second one was guaranteed tho.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mr. Aquaman vs Dragongod's Black Adam in top 8
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/494724065?t=123m

Lol at the commentators pretending Ares can punish dive kick.

Good shit, Mr Aquaman your Ares looks good. Your corner games improved since last time I saw you play
I need to watch this, but they may be refering to me controlling him with jump back 1, i caught his landing almost every time and knocked him out of every one in range, thats why GS was real effective I kept him grounded. I hadn't played that MU in a LOOOONG time but im glad I didnt look free in it.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also I need to tag @KDZ , we played reaaal long sets and thats where all my tech and true playstyle show, hopefully he says a few words about it and how he feels about the character. Also, someone recorded a ft5 MM with Grr that I'll be looking for, I won 5-2