What's new

General/Other Ares Buffs thread - Balanced & Practical Changes

LaR

Noob
Poor Ares gets no buffs and yet the flash who has frame traps and 50/50's that both do 50% damage does:confused: . Ares still gets outzoned by preety much every one so any one with either good zoning or good rushdown does well against him. His trait swords do not trade for some reason.His teleport is pretty uslees right now the risk reward is never in Ares favour you have to throw it out randomly and hope someone does a projectile at the same time and hope the teleport doesn't get stuffed. The armor start up on mb gs is too slow so you just have to yolo it like you do with teleport and then he has probably the worst wake up attacks in the game.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Poor Ares gets no buffs and yet the flash who has frame traps and 50/50's that both do 50% damage does:confused: . Ares still gets outzoned by preety much every one so any one with either good zoning or good rushdown does well against him. His trait swords do not trade for some reason.His teleport is pretty uslees right now the risk reward is never in Ares favour you have to throw it out randomly and hope someone does a projectile at the same time and hope the teleport doesn't get stuffed. The armor start up on mb gs is too slow so you just have to yolo it like you do with teleport and then he has probably the worst wake up attacks in the game.
All true my friend...but now they will call you an "Ares downplayer"

Reactions: LaR

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
imo he needs a way to get off the ground.he indeed does have the worst wake up options in game
tele isnt viable for the most part,often leading to full combo punishes without the need of the opponent making a read and god smack has very few invincible frames so it easily snuffed

a increase on the invincible frames on wakeup god smack would help this problem the character has while not "buffing" him in a way that it would effect his gameplay but i think he would still be left in some situations were he must take some form of damage even with that, maybe even phase shifter with full invincibilty frames could help those so he could at least block

This isn't really a buff, but I feel it's necessary. It needs to be easier for Ares to backdash-cancel out of a d4. Dashing out of trait, especially d4 is a pretty good footsie tool, but half the time when I use d4~backdash, it always goes to the naked trait (back sword) and it takes too long to backdash out of that.