What's new

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

• Total voters
somehow i am in gravedigger mood lol

i did use a ps3 pad in mk9 for a while, now playing arcade stick again of course.

what about you newer tym folks?
what is your favorite input device?

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
oh nice, i used it for a while too, it broke after 2 month though.
we had a talk about that pad some time ago Lmfao https://testyourmight.com/threads/why-the-ps3-controller-sucks.27395/
Lol. Yeah I had the FC4 a while back, lasted about 5 months. 'Twas a sad day when the d-pad went out on it. Saw this newer version and picked up 2 just to be safe haha. I just can't stand the DS4. The pad shreds my thumb, and I'd much rather have the triggers be buttons. I dunno how many times I've missed a crucial poke or a tech because I didn't completely release the trigger...

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
360 Pad (MK9, IGAU)
XB1 Pad (KI, MKX)

I want to get a Brooks converter to use 360 controllers on XB1 because there's certain characters inputs I struggle doing on the XB1 dpad as I always preferred the 360 dpad.

I couldn't use a Hori Fighting Commander because it would drive me nuts as in MK9. I'd find it difficult to do IAGB with the Dpad, the R1 & R2 being close to the 2 & 4 may cause input errors for me & I'd prefer an analog stick for movement.

My dream pad is basically an XB1 pad with a 360 dpad & wider XB1 analog sticks because I have big thumbs.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Im old school, right, so im just used to pad. I mean, id love to try hit box but im so used to dps n shit on the pad, not sure I would do better with anything else.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Im old school, right, so im just used to pad. I mean, id love to try hit box but im so used to dps n shit on the pad, not sure I would do better with anything else.
Old school would've meant on stick, as Karate Champ the first true fighting game was released in the arcades in 1984.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
THATS THE YEAR I WAS BORN! lol
You're 11 years older than me...

When I go to arcades I go apeshit when I see Karate Champ especially when I'm with my brother so we can recreate the scene from Bloodsport. Me being a big tall bearded fuck I'm always Ray Jackson so I lose. After we recreate the scene, I beat his ass.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
360 Pad (MK9, IGAU)
XB1 Pad (KI, MKX)

I want to get a Brooks converter to use 360 controllers on XB1 because there's certain characters inputs I struggle doing on the XB1 dpad as I always preferred the 360 dpad.

I couldn't use a Hori Fighting Commander because it would drive me nuts as in MK9. I'd find it difficult to do IAGB with the Dpad, the R1 & R2 being close to the 2 & 4 may cause input errors for me & I'd prefer an analog stick for movement.

My dream pad is basically an XB1 pad with a 360 dpad & wider XB1 analog sticks because I have big thumbs.
Interesting. This might be the first time I've ever heard someone say they prefer the xb360 d-pad hehe.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You're 11 years older than me...

When I go to arcades I go apeshit when I see Karate Champ especially when I'm with my brother so we can recreate the scene from Bloodsport. Me being a big tall bearded fuck I'm always Ray Jackson so I lose. After we recreate the scene, I beat his ass.
I dont think ive played Karate Champ, but i do remember playing a game on SNES thats similar to Bloodsport. I like tall bearded fucks lololol You already sound like my type of ppl ;)