What's new

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

• Total voters
Keyboard(aka hitbox) because of the science behind it, But you have to be devoted to get your muscle memory up there with that of a pad/stick. Unless you have played PC for along time.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Pad transitioning to stick. I like the hitbox as well; though, it's a lot of fun. Wish I owned one!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yea when I play 4-button fighters such as SC or Tekken I prefer the stick but MK and SF-type games I don't want to bother with the longer muscle memory training.
I want to get back into SCV with my new stick, primarily because I main Voldo in SCV. Stick isn't bad with MK though.

Espio

Kokomo
I play on a pad for every fighting game, including Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur.

I've always found sticks awkward in the arcade days and I don't like change, so I'd just stick to a pad to be honest, I'm not really interested in experimenting, the pad's as accurate for my awkward hands as they'll ever be lol.

I like the custom designs people get on their arcade sticks though....makes me want a pad with a custom design on it, would be godlike.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i use the 8 button layout sticks.have a mk layout aswell but prefer the qanbas/madcatz

it was medically advised i stoped using pad,not joking
i got really bad welts on my hands from playing so much, was really painful,
at one point i couldnt even hold a knife/fork to eat because was so painful

glad i did make the switch thought, id never go back to pad

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I wish I could use Stick. Im just much to used to my pad to switch and devot 2 weeks to it. I even have a top of the line stick that gets no action :(

aj1701

Noob
i use the 8 button layout sticks.have a mk layout aswell but prefer the qanbas/madcatz

it was medically advised i stoped using pad,not joking
i got really bad welts on my hands from playing so much, was really painful,
at one point i couldnt even hold a knife/fork to eat because was so painful

glad i did make the switch thought, id never go back to pad
Damn, you must be a hardcore gamer. Stick is hella fun though, so at least you can still play.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Damn, you must be a hardcore gamer. Stick is hella fun though, so at least you can still play.
yea i agree, i have way more fun playing on stick then pad,
plus you can do alot more to a stick to make it your own with changing the buttons and art etc

i am practicing since 4 months with fighting stick, but it still feels bad..
my main problem is pressing down/back - down/forward accidentally , every time i want to do an fast uppercut or D4 and i dont hit exactly DOWN, an special move came out, because of the ridiculous input engine :/

the ps3 d-pad is fine because every direction is separate, u can just press DOWN easier and not down/back oder down/forward accidentally
i guess this works with hitbox too?

Last edited:

REYTHEGREAT

For me is strange. I picked up kenshi last week and I do all his combos on stick. But I suck on pad with him. But for the rest of the cast I use pad