What's new

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

Are you Pad, Hitbox or Stick player?

• Total voters

Flagg

Noob
I can use a pad and stick, but for games like Street Fighter, im much better on the pad and MK, im probably better on the stick.

I much prefer the dpad on controllers and i prefer the sanwa button layout on sticks. One of those FrankenFightpads would be my ideal controller of choice.

I've gotten better on the stick but still occasionally do a special move if I hit a down poke. I'd stick with a pad for MK, but I HATE the button layout on madcatz pads and occasionally hit two buttons at once as I use a "claw method" of playing.

aj1701

Noob
Keep practicing. I will miss the df when I want to special and get an uppercut instead, lol. I have a square gate though. It takes a long time so don't give up. I'm building an all button though too, so I'm curious how I'll do on that.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Played stick only through sf4 till mk9.
Until today i've been mk9 pad, but I macguyver'd a MK layout onto my TE tonight
so this is going to be a game changer. Feels a bit too spread out so far but ill be good
to go in a few days.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
i play on pad and stick(8 button) but i want to get a hitbox and mk layout stick(problem being i dont have much/any money) hitboxes look fun

nwo

Noob
@ aj1701
yeah, the octagonal restrictor works fine!
and its so cool to play mk9 with an stick, i never play again with an pad!
my mapping:
Cool man, I would vote stick too but I don't play MK9. I'll never go back to pad either.

I play a pad but really wanna get a stick. I hear execution is better for mk and I wanna pick up some FGs that r a bitch without it.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

aj1701

Noob
@ aj1701
yeah, the octagonal restrictor works fine!
and its so cool to play mk9 with an stick, i never play again with an pad!
my mapping:

Glad the gate worked for you. i like the square myself but whatever works for you . im building a stick less controler with mk layout, that should be fun .

Espio

Kokomo
i thing yes!
example sonya combo: divekick-2 1-cartwheel ect
is pretty hard with pad because of fast inputs for the left hand, with stick is much comfortably
I know it's a matter of preference, but I've never had a problem doing divekick, 2,1, cartwheel with Sonya on a pad, but as I said it's a matter of preference.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
My stick layout -

12stancethrow (don't bother with stance and throw)
34blockempty

I like having 34block and 13 easily accessible to throw and for xray. I may buy a bat top and try that out, but I prefer the TE layout, the MK layout looks strange to me. Also, I envy everyone with 6 button layouts, what's the point of 8 button layouts? I can't find any reasoning.

MAPUSA I do Sonya's bnb perfectly on pad, but I find it a pain on stick.

started on ps3 pad, couldn't get reptiles njp combo with it... went to pdp klassic stick got the njp combo down but had problems with other moves... went to hitbox and haven't looked back

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnnn

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems
I second this notion

btw. I use pad... but for Tekken i've been holding it more so like a stick player would on the button side. Using 3 fingers to manipulate that side. It is still an adjustment... but I find it terribly hard to wrap my mind around using a stick for inputs and movement.