What's new

Are you happy with your main? Or did you settle...?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Im in the same boat. No Noob so settling has been the story of my life since release. In mk9 i literally used noob exclusively for almost a year and a half. In mkx ive bounced characters so many times its ridiculous.
People bouncing seems like a really common thing in MKX. I'm just as bad but, this lovely community has helped me put away the salt shaker and just stick it out with my boy.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I don't have much experience playing him yet. Is he really that bad? We're a little over 3 weeks into the game, I can't imagine him being that low tier as to be total shit. Look at Quan Chi, no wakeup, crappy normals...currently i'd put em higher tier. Maybe Kenshi just needs a little more lab time.
Unfortunately he is that bad. Kenshi players have been constantly been trying to find stuff with him and we have been working our asses off to make him good. Until we finally came to the conclusion, that he just isn't good, I'm still working on finding some magic tech with him, but I don't think I will find anything, since quan has a godlike vortex, kenshi has zoning that can't keep you out. Trust the kenshi mains, we know how bad he is, I don't suggest you play him unless you love the character like I do, i am sticking with him because he is my favorite video game character.

SilverHaze

You will obey.
Unfortunately he is that bad. Kenshi players have been constantly been trying to find stuff with him and we have been working our asses off to make him good. Until we finally came to the conclusion, that he just isn't good, I'm still working on finding some magic tech with him, but I don't think I will find anything, since quan has a godlike vortex, kenshi has zoning that can't keep you out. Trust the kenshi mains, we know how bad he is, I don't suggest you play him unless you love the character like I do, i am sticking with him because he is my favorite video game character.
Poor Kenshi. Dude was hit by a 80 MPH truck compared to MK9.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Im in the same boat. No Noob so settling has been the story of my life since release. In mk9 i literally used noob exclusively for almost a year and a half. In mkx ive bounced characters so many times its ridiculous.
I would have been happy with either/or. I've been a huge Smoke and Noob (moreso Smoke) fan since they were MK2 secret characters. When they had Noob-Smoke it was a dream come true. Now they have neither and I'm sad.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
People bouncing seems like a really common thing in MKX. I'm just as bad but, this lovely community has helped me put away the salt shaker and just stick it out with my boy.
Hope all ends well with you and Jackson. As for me...off to continuing to find perma mains in ermac...kenshi....sub...kotal...quan...shinnok.......johnny cage because of stunt double.......oh just shoot me now :mad:

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
I would have been happy with either/or. I've been a huge Smoke and Noob (moreso Smoke) fan since they were MK2 secret characters. When they had Noob-Smoke it was a dream come true. Now they have neither and I'm sad.
Shits hard out here for us

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Hopefully he gets a buff. I can't see him not getting a buff it's just a matter of when. So in your opinion his main problem is his normals?
His normals are great imo. Fast good range etc. It that he can't mix you up or zone you so all he can do is punish. I hate saying a character is bad 3 weeks into the game but dang

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
His normals are great imo. Fast godson range etc. It that he can't mix you up or zone you so all he can do is punish. I hate saying a character is bad 3 weeks into the game but dang
I feel like when someone such as Pig wants to drop Kenshi... you know somethings up. Despite how long the game has been out.

Espio

Kokomo
I am very happy with Goro in this game. He has everything I want in a character: safe chip, decent projectiles, lots of neutral strings to set up pokes, throws and mix ups, long reaching normals, burst damage, great oki and so on.

I had planned on maining him as soon as he was announced and that has not changed and I love the fact that a lot of people think he's bad cause I like taking under appreciated and misunderstood characters and doing work with them.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I expected Ferra/Torr to be ass, since big characters usually are, but they turned out much better than I expected.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I had to settle the day this game came out, which is why I'm in such a character crisis. It's hard to play one of your favorite games, but have all of your favorite characters from the franchise M.I.A.

I'm bouncing between Mileena, Kotal, Kano, Raiden, Quan, and Scorpion. I feel like my level of play is going to grow stagnant doing this.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I had to settle the day this game came out, which is why I'm in such a character crisis. It's hard to play one of your favorite games, but have all of your favorite characters from the franchise M.I.A.

I'm bouncing between Mileena, Kotal, Kano, Raiden, Quan, and Scorpion. I feel like my level of play is going to grow stagnant doing this.
You're right, it will. This is going to be the last time I switch mains.

Edit: Well.. not switching mains. Last time I leave Jax is what I should say.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
I'm still playing the character I fell in digital love with since the old Kombat Kast reveals. Shinnok! I still do not believe he is very good, but I enjoy playing him and look forward to working on my video tutorials for his different variations.

I'm still holding out hope for Baraka, though! And maybe Tremor or Predator could be cool. We'll see! : )

Well, I originally had plans to play Kano and Quan Chi, but as I started to play as them I realized how much I hated their style, they were both very foreign to me. So i bit the bullet and went back to my mk9 main, Jax. now i have over 600 online wins and feel that i really understand the character. So, in a way I guess, i did end up playing my main, i drifted away to try something new, but i eventually returned back home.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Well, I originally had plans to play Kano and Quan Chi, but as I started to play as them I realized how much I hated their style, they were both very foreign to me. So i bit the bullet and went back to my mk9 main, Jax. now i have over 600 online wins and feel that i really understand the character. So, in a way I guess, i did end up playing my main, i drifted away to try something new, but i eventually returned back home.
Nice man! Question for you, cause you seem to be taking names online. What's your goto bnb midscreen?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I played jc and noob in mk9 . Didnt really like johny's fighting style in this one, plus I always like playin as a baddie. And when kano came out I wanted to play him. So I didn't settle. Although I can't play the choke a bitch variation. Stupid dfb and dbf inputs :( but I'll take my grenades and eye lasers.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I would consider Smoke, Kano and Sektor to be my MK9 mains. I Also played Jade, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Jax and Baraka. Most fun I had was with Kano in MK9 anyway. I liked the playstyle I could implement as well as the casual "looks and sounds cool"-aspect of Kano. Nothing felt better than taking away at least one match from a Kabal, Kung Lao or a Kenshi main, even if you lost 9 straight before and after that lol.

Obviously there wasn't much of a choice for me in MKX. Kano had received all the buffs I think he deserved and I was able to jump right in with Cutthroat Kano. First time taking him online felt so right. Only thing I am kinda bummed out about him is that his choke is not safe in Commando and he doesn't have an air throw. I don't even see a reason why I should pick up Jax or Liu Kang. If Smoke was in the game I still wouldn't play him, lbsh his character design in MK9 was completely busted and he wouldn't fit this game anyway unless drastic changes were to be made.

And another thing... I am very disappointed by some of the new characters. Playstyle wise I don't think they bring anything new to the table or cater to any type of a player. I feel like nobody fills the void that Cyrax and Sektor left behind.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I would consider Smoke, Kano and Sektor to be my MK9 mains. I Also played Jade, Liu Kang, Kenshi, Jax and Baraka. Most fun I had was with Kano in MK9 anyway. I liked the playstyle I could implement as well as the casual "looks and sounds cool"-aspect of Kano. Nothing felt better than taking away at least one match from a Kabal, Kung Lao or a Kenshi main, even if you lost 9 straight before and after that lol.

Obviously there wasn't much of a choice for me in MKX. Kano had received all the buffs I think he deserved and I was able to jump right in with Cutthroat Kano. First time taking him online felt so right. Only thing I am kinda bummed out about him is that his choke is not safe in Commando and he doesn't have an air throw. I don't even see a reason why I should pick up Jax or Liu Kang. If Smoke was in the game I still wouldn't play him, lbsh his character design in MK9 was completely busted and he wouldn't fit this game anyway unless drastic changes were to be made.

And another thing... I am very disappointed by some of the new characters. Playstyle wise I don't think they bring anything new to the table or cater to any type of a player. I feel like nobody fills the void that Cyrax and Sektor left behind.
Perhaps Predator will fill that void of Cyrax/Sektor.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'd also like to point out that it doesn't help not knowing who will be good or not in two months or so. Buffs and nerfs are bound to happen. I don't wanna get too attached to a character.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Eh, I played Raiden and Kenshi in MK9 and I like neither in this game. Sub-Zero was my first main back in MK9 before they neutered him, went there for a while, personally feels like he tilts to aggressively for me in Grandmaster... Unbreakable is cool but I'm not a big fan of parries.

So I've been running Ferra/Torr for a little bit. I think this one might actually work out (at least until I actually get to play Jason, that might change shit) but I don't feel as though I'm really settling. I just don't feel like I really have a character in this game yet.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i dunno, i really like lao, but unless he gets a few tweaks, i just don't know. I have this horrible feeling that he's going to become real gimmicky in the future.

And if i would give up lao i don't know where i would go, maybe jason? x-x bah.