What's new

Are you happy with your main? Or did you settle...?

I wanted to play reptile badly but I didn't feel him in this, now I play Kung because I played him in story mode and he felt good. Then I learn he was high tier after being a noobie in here and all my 5-6 hours of practice. Now I want to pick up a new main but im struggling and I'm waiting so I can try out Jason and tremor.

Johnny is my main. At first I was having a really tough time, so I started to panic and play each variation and panicked more when I couldn't land decent combos. I calmed down though and ended up picking A-List and I'm having a blast. So no I won't say I settled, just learning to adapt and am pretty content with my choice in my main.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Even though Cage is always gonna be my favorite MK fighter, I switched him for Erron Black since I prefer Erron's playstyle.

Bopper69

Noob
Kenshi and Ermac are my 2 favourite characters because telekinesis so I was very pleased when I found out both were in the game, however I was hoping to main Kenshi but as he is complete balls im very nearly dropping him. Ermac on the other hand isnt too bad, I find he is quite punishable but has good tools to keep him viable and fun to play. Just hoping Kenshi gets a few buffs.

I havent really found one. As of now it seems to be ferra torr. I wanted it to be mileena and jason but mileena sucks and jason...eh well he sucks too

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Sub-Zero was allways my All-Time favourite MK characters since MK1 and in MKX he finally looks like a great character that is really dangerous.
What I love even more is that at first I thought will just use Grandmaster variation as it has the most "classic" sub-zero gameplay, but I felt in love with Unbreakable. I freaking like it, and once I will master it i will move on to improve on GrandMaster too.

Oh an Jason - he's definetelly my second main :)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I mained kitana which i have in almost every mk game but i'm learning sonya because i know kitana's not tournament viable

right now im happy with Kung Jin and Sub Zero, but im not sure i will enjoy them as much after patches. though i guess i will find someone else if NRS is too enthusiastic about nerfs :DOGE

I've stuck it out with Mileena and plan on continuing. I feel like there are untold treasures in her game. I've been having some fun with Jason, but only really have the one easy combo of his down. I still like him though. Erron Black is another pocket, probably the secondary I run because I like his look and style.

There are too many characters in this game that I like that I want to play. Just need to git gud with the whole cast.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I feel bad for everyone who can't find mains since it seems like every character is missing something. Luckily, I have Cutthroat Kano, who is practically made for me. High mobility, great poke that I can convert off of with F4, high low for when I need it, but doesn't dominate his play, and options for both up close and zoning. I can switch gears constantly on them, play hit and run, or get super disrespectful and just pummel them.

Shame I mash sometimes and my corner combos end up ending too soon, or an input gets lost and I keep getting his jab. Need to work on that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I love Takeda a lot. There's just something unique about his design and playstyle. Sometimes it's difficult, but love is love.

*Dances*

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
my main was also Reptile but it's hard for me to accept him in MKX, actually i play cassie with her pressure and 50/50 game, but some characters like sub zero grand master make me sick, this fking ninja has better 50/50, he is faster and he got an anti air midscreen overhead + clone 24/24, this zonner make more pressure than cassie and cassie is a rushdown character

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I ended up with Ermac.
I am quite happy actually.
He ended up beyond my expectations.
The last time I even liked Ermac was MKT.

I decided to main Kotal Kahn, despite one of the variations having a bugged move. I'm relatively happy with the character. Sadly, I haven't seen many around online. :(

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Injustice was REALLY easy to pick a main.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman. My 2 favorite heroes, ever. And turned out they were good in the game and play styles fit me perfectly.

This game mains? Fuck if I know. Kung? Scorp? Raiden? Kotal? DVorah? Sub? Kitana? FerraTor? Jacqui?

:( :(

Where's the King of Atlantis and Princess of Themyscira when you need them.

I'm incredibly happy with my mains. I was absolutely looking forward to trying Kotal Kahn, Ferra/Torr, and Takeda. They are all a blast to use.

Reptile, Liu Kang, and Kano were some of my favorites from MK9, and they are all very viable. Plus, I love the way Quan Chi has been done, Goro is a blast to use, I've been experimenting with Cassie Cage, D'Vorah, Kung Lao...

I seem to be the minority. Glancing through this thread, I don't think as many people here found so many characters that they like.

That's actually why I haven't bought the Kombat Pack yet...cause WTF do I need more characters for? ;)

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Started kenshi. Wasn't happy, settled with reptile and I'm very comfortable with him he lacks personality for me though. Of cyrax comes out I'll attempt to main him. I will be looking at predator too

zoofs

bless
Injustice was REALLY easy to pick a main.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman. My 2 favorite heroes, ever. And turned out they were good in the game and play styles fit me perfectly.

This game mains? Fuck if I know. Kung? Scorp? Raiden? Kotal? DVorah? Sub? Kitana? FerraTor? Jacqui?

:( :(

Where's the King of Atlantis and Princess of Themyscira when you need them.
Exactly how I feel, I have a much stronger attachment to DC chars than MK. I would've played Shazam/Black Adam regardless of whether they were good or not (Shazam wasn't). In this game I'm essentially picking whatever char just appeals to me aesthetically, or is the most fun to play as, which ended up being Kung Jin/Sub Zero/Jason; for now at least.

IROC

WP IROC
Ill never turn my back on my fan fav character. Mained him in mk9 (low tier) but forced myself to master him. Will continue the journey in mkx as hanzo. Even though sub felt more fluid in story mode to me... Im too stubborn to jump ship on my fan fav.