What's new

Question Are you done with MKX as soon as Injustice 2 drops?

Are you done with MKX as soon as Injustice 2 drops?

• Yes.

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • No, I'll play both until MK11.

Votes: 72 49.3%
  • PC player :(

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • No, I don't like Injustice.

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters

I sometimes feel that mk scratches a different itch thank inj2 but I see your point.

It's wierd because they're both developed by nrs I guess. With sfv, it's a no brainer. 4 is over. 5 is new. But it seems wierd quitting one franchise because another franchise has a new game. At least for me. I was not an injustice 1 player when mkx dropped.
I don't think that Injustice and Mortal Kombat being separate franchises matters too much considering both are developed by NRS—a developer that has never supported more than one game at a time. Sure, the die-hards will stick with their game but eventually the player base grows stagnant and people move on. It's unfortunate I guess but it's the cycle bruh.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I'd hope so. I'm sure whoever goes to a major for Injustice 2, wouldn't mine entering for MKX also, like a lot of SFV players do with Marvel.
Well then there isn't a huge reason to drop mk if you already enjoy it right? Even if it's not an nrs pot bonus. But again for a lot of the ppl playing now, they are online warriors as it is. Unaffected by nrs $upport.

Kroaken

Yeah DC lore is by far my favorite type of fiction. Specifically Batman, but I like most of DC as a whole.
That was a dumb question. I literally see your avatar all the time. I'm unsure why I asked lol.

Injustice 2 looks to play similar to 1. And mkx plays differently from what I can tell.. idk. At least as pc players it seems like a bummer. I hope they use their new port team and release on pc as well.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I think a lot of the higher skilled players will leave. As the competitive scene switches to Inj2, even non tournament players who want to play the best of the best are going to follow those upper-echelon players to the new game.

I think MKX will putter along for a while but ultimately Inj2 is going to consume its player base to the point that only the really dedicated and hardcore will be left.

I myself am undecided. Inj2 has some interesting stuff going on that could either be awesome or completely and utterly ruin the game (Im looking at you item system) AND I'm a PC player and we don't know if we'll get Inj2 or not AND I am still extremely disgusted with how MKX on PC was handled. I came back when NRS decided to do what they should have done when I BOUGHT THE DAMN GAME, and that's make it playable for PC owners, because no matter how much NRS pisses me off, I still REALLY enjoy this game.

See, MKX, to me, captures so much of what is FUN in a fighting game.. It can be unbalanced and weird and frustrating, but the feeling of things going right in MKX is still the most fun in any fighting game Ive played, even if I consider myself a SF player more than MKX. I enjoy my time with MKX more. The production values are insane. The game looks and sounds phenomenal, SFV isn't even comparable from a production standpoint and the love and attention to detail that NRS managed to saturate the game with, bleeds off in to me and makes me appreciate it all the more and its why after the idiocy the game has put me through (I was a day one buyer) I STILL came back AND spent money again, two things I said I wouldn't ever do again (Bought Triborg). The variation system is incredible (even though it wasnt well realized or balanced, its an amazing idea). So many mechanics are great. The game just suffered from biting off so much, they couldnt chew it all.

Inj2 is likely to have the same love thrown at it, I just dont know if it will have the same issues as well in terms of super cool and forward thinking systems that just turn out to be too difficult to balance and manage properly.

If it doesnt come to PC i wont play it though most likely, no matter what, as Id find it hard to justify several hundred dollars for a system for just a single game.

Kroaken

I think a lot of the higher skilled players will leave. As the competitive scene switches to Inj2, even non tournament players who want to play the best of the best are going to follow those upper-echelon players to the new game.

I think MKX will putter along for a while but ultimately Inj2 is going to consume its player base to the point that only the really dedicated and hardcore will be left.

I myself am undecided. Inj2 has some interesting stuff going on that could either be awesome or completely and utterly ruin the game (Im looking at you item system) AND I'm a PC player and we don't know if we'll get Inj2 or not AND I am still extremely disgusted with how MKX on PC was handled. I came back when NRS decided to do what they should have done when I BOUGHT THE DAMN GAME, and that's make it playable for PC owners, because no matter how much NRS pisses me off, I still REALLY enjoy this game.

See, MKX, to me, captures so much of what is FUN in a fighting game.. It can be unbalanced and weird and frustrating, but the feeling of things going right in MKX is still the most fun in any fighting game Ive played, even if I consider myself a SF player more than MKX. I enjoy my time with MKX more. The production values are insane. The game looks and sounds phenomenal, SFV isn't even comparable from a production standpoint and the love and attention to detail that NRS managed to saturate the game with, bleeds off in to me and makes me appreciate it all the more and its why after the idiocy the game has put me through (I was a day one buyer) I STILL came back AND spent money again, two things I said I wouldn't ever do again (Bought Triborg). The variation system is incredible (even though it wasnt well realized or balanced, its an amazing idea). So many mechanics are great. The game just suffered from biting off so much, they couldnt chew it all.

Inj2 is likely to have the same love thrown at it, I just dont know if it will have the same issues as well in terms of super cool and forward thinking systems that just turn out to be too difficult to balance and manage properly.

If it doesnt come to PC i wont play it though most likely, no matter what, as Id find it hard to justify several hundred dollars for a system for just a single game.
You make good points. I hadn't thought about the average player needing the motivation of maybe someday beating the pros. Even if they never will beat fox, scar, whoever, the idea that they might can be nice and play a part in it for sure.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Basically. If we still have events to see and backing for the game I will definitely not drop it entirely but Injustice 2 will take a lot more of my time than MKX. I need to find the tech for this game i've been waiting for oh so long.

WATCHD0G

Noob
yes....but only beca use I just haven't been able to get good in this game the way I want to....I'm gonna go full on for injustice cus I actually want to do something in that game....plus I care way more about the game as a whole

Last edited:

Kroaken

I will be sure that I am the BEST Swamp Thing in the world or at least try my best to do that!
I'm really hoping he gets announced. I'm trying to figure out why they didn't reveal flash when they did the others, him being in the trailer and all.

Kroaken

It makes sense and I expect that mkx will "die".

At least we have these 6 months to enjoy this iteration. Wonderful patch makes it the most fun I've had with it since release.

CrazyFingers

I'm really hoping he gets announced. I'm trying to figure out why they didn't reveal flash when they did the others, him being in the trailer and all.
It is what it is I just need news dammit. I will be playing Swamp Thing and Scarecrow if they are in the game. Otherwise I will be going through a wee bit of character crisis and might even tier whore (gotta do it sometime might as well do it when in a character crisis.)

Kroaken

It is what it is I just need news dammit. I will be playing Swamp Thing and Scarecrow if they are in the game. Otherwise I will be going through a wee bit of character crisis and might even tier whore (gotta do it sometime might as well do it when in a character crisis.)
If you're in the competitive scene, there's nothing wrong with it. I was a big proponent of character loyalty for a long time but.. sometimes ur character is just booty. And some players just don't wanna deal with that lol. No shame.

I'm still learning dc lore, but blue beatle looks cool. Not sure if I'm on board with his snarky teenager thing though. Grodd looks amazing. Wondering who they'll include that's comparable to Quan, if anyone. I've heard things about a Dr. Fate?

CrazyFingers

If you're in the competitive scene, there's nothing wrong with it. I was a big proponent of character loyalty for a long time but.. sometimes ur character is just booty. And some players just don't wanna deal with that lol. No shame.

I'm still learning dc lore, but blue beatle looks cool. Not sure if I'm on board with his snarky teenager thing though. Grodd looks amazing. Wondering who they'll include that's comparable to Quan, if anyone. I've heard things about a Dr. Fate?
He could be that equivalent but we'll have to see

Kroaken

hopefully we do not get a 50/50 and + frames fest in injustice 2 or i will not be buying it
I think it'll play super similar to inj1. I don't think they're changing the formula based on what they've shown us.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I'm gonna tier whore regardless....I'll play my favorites for the most part but I'm gonna keep the big guns as well nover shame lol

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Already done with MKX. Don't love it. Havent cared about the NRS scene for real since it dropped, but I'm super ready for Injustice. My favorite fighting game of all time! Can't wait for TYM to be all about "Injustice" again.