What's new

Question Are you done with MKX as soon as Injustice 2 drops?

Are you done with MKX as soon as Injustice 2 drops?

• Yes.

Votes: 54 37.0%
  • No, I'll play both until MK11.

Votes: 72 49.3%
  • PC player :(

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • No, I don't like Injustice.

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
For starters, I'm sure this has been discussed but I couldn't find it and I'm curious. For me, a pc player, it feels like mkxl just got here. And I think it'll likely be over in just a few months (well 4-6).

In addition, with no announcement of injustice 2 coming to pc, I'm wondering if we the pc community will be alone in mkx.

Kroaken

Not bothering with Injustice. I can't get behind the appeal of DC characters for some reason.

But when Tekken 7 drops. That's a different story.
I've been watching some of the TV shows on netflix and it's helped me gain a better appreciation for some of the DC stuff. I grew up with and am a big fan of marvel, but I've come around to some of these characters as well!

Kroaken

Depends on if MKX continues to get support competitively or not, for me, and probably for a lot of people.
Do you mean from a balancing/patching standpoint or in terms of tournament incentive ($)?

Kroaken

Incentive.

If the game has no more pot bonuses, no EVO 2017, no more kombat cups/ESLs, most competitors will likely move on to Injustice 2.

I personally don't care if the game gets another patch or not. I'm really liking the current version.
I am too. Love this version.

Well surely there is a large percentage of the player base that plays a lot and is relatively good but doesn't attend majors? And the locals I've attended never had a pot bonus to begin with. I would think tournament incentive only affect the top 5% or so of the player base?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I've been watching some of the TV shows on netflix and it's helped me gain a better appreciation for some of the DC stuff. I grew up with and am a big fan of marvel, but I've come around to some of these characters as well!
Sorry ain't enough. Plus to tell the truth. Mkx has left a seriously bad taste in my mouth as to how it was made then patched and broken for so long.

Honestly I'm disgusted by it because it took them over 18 months+ to kind of give a semblance of balance to the game where as KI, DOA, king of fighters. Even Skull girls and streetfighter wouldn't have released half of the antics we had to play with and through. Then on top of that there still has to be more patches and fixes to this game as an example.

And they would like me to buy their next product? With the voice actors strike going on maybe their really taking their time to make this game.

But I'll definitely wait till after Tekken 7 and Absolver come out for sure.

Not jumping the gun again.

Tweedy

Noob
I am too. Love this version.

Well surely there is a large percentage of the player base that plays a lot and is relatively good but doesn't attend majors? And the locals I've attended never had a pot bonus to begin with. I would think tournament incentive only affect the top 5% or so of the player base?
It probably doesn't affect the top 5% that much either tbh. It's just that with so much possible opportunity as a competitor in Injustice 2, it's hard to stick with a game that doesn't have any, or much, left.

MKX is in a really good place right now but that doesn't change the fact that Injustice 2 is about to be the NRS game. I won't swear off MKX when Injustice 2 drops, but I doubt I'll be giving it much attention at all when all of the competition will be playing with the new toy.

Kroaken

It probably doesn't affect the top 5% that much either tbh. It's just that with so much possible opportunity as a competitor in Injustice 2, it's hard to stick with a game that doesn't have any, or much, left.
Do you think they'll continue to hold mkx tournaments alongside inj2?

I'm gonna wait to see if Injustice 2 has half the nonsense MKX currently has, then I'll decide, but from what I've seen and heard so far, Inj2 is gonna end up being the best NRS game yet, so I'll probably end up dropping MKX.

Kroaken

MKX is in a really good place right now but that doesn't change the fact that Injustice 2 is about to be the NRS game. I won't swear off MKX when Injustice 2 drops, but I doubt I'll be giving it much attention at all when all of the competition will be playing with the new toy.
I sometimes feel that mk scratches a different itch thank inj2 but I see your point.

It's wierd because they're both developed by nrs I guess. With sfv, it's a no brainer. 4 is over. 5 is new. But it seems wierd quitting one franchise because another franchise has a new game. At least for me. I was not an injustice 1 player when mkx dropped.

Kroaken

Probably just gonna play injustice. I'm mediocre at MKX and can't juggle both games but that doesn't mean I don't really like MKX. I just anticipate liking Injustice way more.
Are you a natural fan of DC? That could be part of it too. I will miss some of the mk characters I know and love. And will continue becoming more familiar with some characters idk in the DC universe.