What's new

Are You Disappointed That Kronika is Not Playable?

Are you Disappointed About Kronika not Being Playable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah she should be playable even if it’s only offline. She’s probably really broken. But like in SC6 with their boss character, he’s playable offline only and banned in tournaments.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Yeah she should be playable even if it’s only offline. She’s probably really broken. But like in SC6 with their boss character, he’s playable offline only and banned in tournaments.
Probably why she’s not playable since they want every charcter to be available

MKfanatic98

Primordal
I love the addition of another elder god, and i must say she looks amazing, but i would've loved for her to be playable. On the other hand they would have to tone down how OP shes supposed to be.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
When it comes to characters (in any media) I can be petty, and I can look at her and tell she is a character I would probably never have any interest in ever playing, so no lol

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Not one bit. Didn’t care about Onaga in Deception, Shao Kahn in MK9, Shinnok in MKX and won’t definitely care about Kronika (who looks blant when in the same scene with Shao Kahn)

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Nah, I'm cool. Unplayable bosses are fine, the best argument for Kronika is "I want cool time gimmicks!" and they've got that covered with ya boi Geras.

DragonofDadashov24

It's hearsay. However, according to posters on here, there's a magazine called Game Informer that states Kronika is the mother of Shinnok and Cetrion.
And it’s shitty if it’s true. Elder God can’t have parents. One being was an Elder God while being the union of all the realms. If he had a mother it would make no sense.
MK universe really sucks story wise

And it’s shitty if it’s true. Elder God can’t have parents. One being was an Elder God while being the union of all the realms. If he had a mother it would make no sense.
MK universe really sucks story wise
The lore is essentially a guy's soap opera that boils down to Character 1 saying "Hey you lets fight," and Character 2 saying "Them's fighting words."

And then they fight. And it's wonderfully entertaining the entire time. Not every game needs The Elder Scrolls-level of lore.

DragonofDadashov24

The lore is essentially a guy's soap opera that boils down to Character 1 saying "Hey you lets fight," and Character 2 saying "Them's fighting words."

And then they fight. And it's wonderfully entertaining the entire time. Not every game needs The Elder Scrolls-level of lore.
Right, but it must have consistency. MK doesn’t. It’s full of plot holes and overcomplication.
Let’s say MKA ending and MK9 intro.
Why say that Shao Kahn defeated Blaze? Why not use the actual ending where Taven beats Blaze, makes every fighter even stronger than before and THEN let Shao Kahn kill Taven to take the power?
Why does Scorpion’s son and wife have different names in the game and the canon comics? Why the fuck do you let Sonya beat Sub-Zero, Stryker beat Ermac and Jax beat Liu fucking Kang? Raiden vs Liu Kang was also bullshit abd every other incosistent fight too. This isn’t even half of those problems. Fuck, they let young Shujinko beat Noob Saibot before Noob was even created, lol.

Right, but it must have consistency. MK doesn’t. It’s full of plot holes and overcomplication.
Let’s say MKA ending and MK9 intro.
Why say that Shao Kahn defeated Blaze? Why not use the actual ending where Taven beats Blaze, makes every fighter even stronger than before and THEN let Shao Kahn kill Taven to take the power?
Why does Scorpion’s son and wife have different names in the game and the canon comics? Why the fuck do you let Sonya beat Sub-Zero, Stryker beat Ermac and Jax beat Liu fucking Kang? Raiden vs Liu Kang was also bullshit abd every other incosistent fight too. This isn’t even half of those problems. Fuck, they let young Shujinko beat Noob Saibot before Noob was even created, lol.
"Must" is a very strong word, and it obviously doesn't need consistency _that_ bad, as the games are still doing great!

Mortal Kombat
has never taken itself seriously, and it's always had fun, both in terms of its storytelling and in the way it handles and jokes with itself.

In the modern games, every encounter boils down to my "hey you let's fight comment" above. If you want serious, hardcore lore, you're with the wrong franchise. If you want more light-hearted, over-the-top lore that has fantastically cool and fun characters, this is the place for you.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Mortal Kombat has never taken itself seriously, and it's always had fun, both in terms of its storytelling and in the way it handles and jokes with itself.
^ This. I feel like this sentiment gets overlooked so often. MK has always had silly/goofy undertones in the story and games. You can see it since the first game, its like the devs also know this and poke fun at themselves as well, its a part of the charm. MKX took itself way too seriously imo and felt alot less charming because of this.

ON TOPIC THO, I'm fine with Kronika being unplayable, I just wonder if she'll have some alternate form, or what her gimmick will be.

^ This. I feel like this sentiment gets overlooked so often. MK has always had silly/goofy undertones in the story and games. You can see it since the first game, its like the devs also know this and poke fun at themselves as well, its a part of the charm. MKX took itself way too seriously imo and felt alot less charming because of this.

ON TOPIC THO, I'm fine with Kronika being unplayable, I just wonder if she'll have some alternate form, or what her gimmick will be.
I think the problem with Mortal Kombat X's story wasn't so much the tone (you still had plenty of silly moments in it), it's that they were trying to cover too much in to short a time frame.

The game was trying to cover the NetherRealm War and subsequent invasion 25-ish years later while balancing an Outworld power struggle, a host of new characters who were clearly being tested as replacements for fan favourites, while trying to settle other character arcs (Scorpion and Sub-Zero making peace, as a single example).

That's a lot of stuff crammed in to about a dozen Chapters, and there were elements that were simply poorly covered as a result. An example is how exactly did Kano steal Shinnok's Amulet from Raiden's keeping in the first place? Or was it Rain who accomplished that; I recall the game actually flip flopping.

Remember Sonya was talking with Raiden via magic communicator when Raiden was checking his "vault" or whatever out, and something went wrong and Raiden had to cut out as he appeared he might be in trouble? That whole point was 100% dropped and never followed up on.

Characters like Ferra/Torr and Erron Black had no real exploration or any depth added to them as another example.

Things like that.

I think they would have done better if they would have kept the story more focused.

That's my one fear for the Mortal Kombat 11 story line; now with timelines mingling, I hope things don't get even more convoluted.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I think the problem with Mortal Kombat X's story wasn't so much the tone (you still had plenty of silly moments in it), it's that they were trying to cover too much in to short a time frame.

The game was trying to cover the NetherRealm War and subsequent invasion 25-ish years later while balancing an Outworld power struggle, a host of new characters who were clearly being tested as replacements for fan favourites, while trying to settle other character arcs (Scorpion and Sub-Zero making peace, as a single example).

That's a lot of stuff crammed in to about a dozen Chapters, and there were elements that were simply poorly covered as a result. An example is how exactly did Kano steal Shinnok's Amulet from Raiden's keeping in the first place? Or was it Rain who accomplished that; I recall the game actually flip flopping.

Remember Sonya was talking with Raiden via magic communicator when Raiden was checking his "vault" or whatever out, and something went wrong and Raiden had to cut out as he appeared he might be in trouble? That whole point was 100% dropped and never followed up on.

Characters like Ferra/Torr and Erron Black had no real exploration or any depth added to them as another example.

Things like that.

I think they would have done better if they would have kept the story more focused.

That's my one fear for the Mortal Kombat 11 story line; now with timelines mingling, I hope things don't get even more convoluted.
This too, I was thinking more along the lines of there was no 'TOASTY' and the fatalities felt lame and things like that. MK9 managed to Ooze personality on a lot of different stuff, even the Challenger tower had a lot of charm and fun.

I wholeheartedly agree on the story trying to cover too much, and with the komics trying to do so much as well for the 25 year gap. I played MKXs story recently and noticed that too about Kano's 'snare' that disrupted Raiden and made him visit 'many strange realms.' I think one of the endings mentioned it, or it was mentioned in some MK11 thing (intro or trailer.)

I've got faith in the team and komic writer being involved with this games story but honestly there's been so much going on with the story I don't think it can be anything but convoluted.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Kinda, tbh.
I had hoped we would get a playable version of her, and then fight a boss version like in MKX.