What's new

Are we dismissing the added move slots too prematurely?

Naaa. Leave one viable tournament variation. I didn't like that you had to learn 99 variations in mkx. That's impossible if you have a career/family. I lost a lot of tournament sets deep into mkx bc of knowledge. In injustice one I knew all characters inside and out by the end... except grundy lol
How is that anyone elses fault?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think anything that adds strength to a character, like their ability to dish more damage normally or anything shouldn't be allowed.

But, additional moves should be fine. I don't see any reason to not have it. It is basically a variation system. We will also get to a point where we know all available move sets for characters. We did it in MKX for three variations per character, which at times had new strings and changed property of normals.

This is only additional specials. Some of these actually round characters off for the better.

Down 2

Noob
My opinion on this is they should have a pick 2 or 3 system a la COD where you can choose one variation of a special move and they should simplize it so they're are pros and cons to each choice. Make it so it's easy to choose so it doesn't take so long in the beginning but this is all what I was hoping for but I can accept the basic across the board specials. I wish they just went with it and got creative like they did the variation system but I agree that it makes things a lot easier the way they're doing it.

How about this idea: What if they allow players in competitive mode to only use gear moves that swap out with an already existing move? So if I want to replace Batman's anti air batarang with his air to air one I could do that, but I couldn't use any moves that add on to a base moveset without taking anything away.

They could even make it so we could only make one replacement instead of 2 like we can in gear mode. This way we could at least have access to moves like Bane's body press and Batman's INJ 1 parry that many people prefer to their INJ 2 replacements.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Tyler confirmed last stream that abilities are tied to gear and will be turned off.

Good too, cause it will be a shitshow if it was allowed

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
A council should be formed.

Personally, I would love to see the movesets be than expandable.

If that "Trade Armor For Damage" buff on Bane is legit, he would be the fucking scariest thing since Nosferatu.

KiD DyNaMiCz

GT: Deeejuz
i have an idea, hear me out.

what if they have a tourney mode where it's pretty much like a variation system ?

1. pick character.

2. have 5-10 preset gear load outs equipped with 1 (ONE) ability tied to each set. example:

ex 1. Batman Beyond Gear - Air Batarang
ex 2. Kryptonite Infused Gear - Dual Batarangs
ex 3. Red Son Gear - Boomerang Bat
ex 4. Predator Gear - Advanced Parry
ex 5. Flashpoint Gear - Bat Strike

3. add shader.

DONE!

depending on how many abilities are in the game, there could be more. but how much longer would the game last if they, first add this, second patch in new loadouts every month or so?