What's new

Question Aquaman's Worst Matchups??

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Aquaman - DD is probably an even MU or slightly in Aquaman's favor. DD's trait can be countered by trident rush (or whatever that move is called), Aquaman's normals have better range than DD's, but since low scoop is punishable now, Aquaman players need to be careful their mix ups. Both though have a veeeery scary corner game. Also Aquaman cannot zone DD. One blocked trident and DD dashes in. If Aquaman throws another one DD can punish it with Venom. Supernova helps a bit in this MU as well, if you anticipate a trident projectile ( and i mean the one without the travelling time ofc. )

a good Scorpion and doomsday
Also this. Raven cannot keep DD out, since force push is highly punishable on block with Venom, DD's front dash helps him a lot and in general DD has a very easy way of getting in against Raven. 6 - 4 DD. Up close i also believe she loses against him. Trait helps him a lot in the particular MU.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
yeah, not biased at all.

any actual MU explanations?
Why would I be bias? Im just speaking the truth. Im very very honest despite who I choose to upset in the process.

I dont need to explain, You just should play him like I did. Completely changed my outlook on raven as foxy did w ww

takes the right player per character

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Why would I be bias? Im just speaking the truth. Im very very honest despite who I choose to upset in the process.

I dont need to explain, You just should play him like I did. Completely changed my outlook on raven as foxy did w ww

takes the right player per character
blind man is a good player, doesn't mean the other ravens aren't.

so you don't need to explain matchups? this just play him thing is ridiculous this past month, online for this game isn't good and raven can abuse soul crush just like ermac could abuse TKP in mk online and there is also the skill variable along with matchup experence.

solid facts would be appreciated Blind_Man zaf @mr mileena

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

so you don't need to explain matchups? this just play him thing is ridiculous this past month, online for this game isn't good and raven can abuse soul crush just like ermac could abuse TKP in mk online and there is also the skill variable along with matchup experence.

All im saying is it took blind_man to open my eyes up about the character and I dont feel like writing pages of explanation nor do i feel obligated to. I discuss things like this on streams or pod casts through voice because i hate typing a bunch of shit someone will theory fight me back on anyway. Pointless

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

This bitch is good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't know how WW is so overlooked. Lol, she is absurdly good.

As far as Aquaman bad matchups, GL and BA (from what I understand) probably give him the most trouble. I think GL will become a 4-6 for AM for the fact that GL's punishes completely ignore AM's trait. IMO this is a big component, because trait is AM's way of making himself safe in certain scenarios. A lot of the cast cannot punish him hard for the dumb mistakes. GL can.

why do you think raven is not bad Mu for AM? She punishes his specials for about 40%, u cant space his slow overheads becuse of F22 which is fast and have long range and the same string beats his all wakeup options, her j2 must be d2'ed almost at max range and very hard to react to.Plus her zoning in raven form can be really dumb :confused: Best tactic i found is to slowllllyyyyyy push her to the corner and keep her there but this can be made a lot harder if there are reusable interactibles on the stage and she use them to hold position.

zaf

professor

What is it exactly you want me to chime in about?

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
As a Bane and Aquaman mainer from the start of this game, it still humors me that one of the very few even matchups for Bane out of the upper echelon of characters in this game is Aquaman. With time, I feel like it could even become 6-4 in Bane's favor. Ironically, Aquaman also destroys all the characters in and near Bane's "tier" as well.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Aquaman probably has no bad MUs at the highest level. Character is scary good.

Also Raven is super overrated and no amount of ONLINE games will change that(seriously when did we start taking online seriously again?)