What's new

Video/Tutorial Aquaman's Reset

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
So I redid this thread over from the OP and changed some things around. This is about Aquaman's Reset and I have a video accompanied with this showing first hand how its done and I also explain it in the video.

LEGO!

Basically any if not all wake-up attacks will stop this and I'm not to sure if the roll back evades this as well. It can also be blocked be requires strict timing because its an overhead before a low hit...rather scoop. Here are the rules for the "reset"

This can only be done after a db2mb or strict timing after a db1. So you do db2mb and right after you go into a f13db1. The f1 has to whiff under their feet in order for the 3 to confirm on block or hit then the db1 will land causing a full combo. If they don't low block and likewise with the overhead of 3.

Also for additional damage if you land the f3 overhead you can also db2mb dash then b12db1 and whatever ending you like. If you see your opponent pickup on this you can trident rush df1 to make them pushblock or cause chip.

You can also vortex with Aquaman by doing the rinse and repeat method as long as they don't do a wake-up but you burn pointless meter so I recommend doing full combos and using the reset when they respect you.

Tell me what you think and enjoy!!!

YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/mrgotmerked
YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

True Grave

isnt this just pressuring on knockdown?
It technically could be considered that. I say reset because if they misread the pressure your guaranteed a combo. In theory its kinda like johnny cages nut punch and Kabals f4. It stopped the character and caused them to block the next string. The overhead is overhead an if blocked then the bd1 if not blocked causes a new combo. Cyrax resets are different. Here its more of resetting for pressure, and mixup for a combo.

YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
It technically could be considered that. I say reset because if they misread the pressure your guaranteed a combo. In theory its kinda like johnny cages nut punch and Kabals f4. It stopped the character and caused them to block the next string. The overhead is overhead an if blocked then the bd1 if not blocked causes a new combo. Cyrax resets are different. Here its more of resetting for pressure, and mixup for a combo.

YouTube Clan Channel: www.YouTube.com/ktokillatv[/quote]
This is basically pressure, at the very best its considered a non guaranteed reset.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I like, I like. As long as you've made them fear your ability to read and punish their wake-up, this is bound to be useful. And should they block the Trident Scoop, you can just trait and get away with your mistake when they try to counterattack.

The King of Atlantis nods in approval.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
if you want to be safe, just do a f13 and if it hits you can hit confirm it into db2.people will can catch on after at least one, so dont wanna always throw out scoop

True Grave

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I'm definitely a fan of more Aquaman tech for sure. I feel he has limited growth potential.

This could be very useful as a mind fuck. Not something you would use every game though because it basically does 50-55% with 2 bars plus pressure when it's all said and done. Not sure if I'd throw it out there when I could just get the damage.

Good tech, good find, thank god someone found SOMETHING for Aquaman. :)