What's new

Aquaman Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yea but then we got trait which I've been thinking about. These are just some things he can (theoretically) shut down with his trait (which is apparently a 15 second cool down lel)

Superman freeze? nah
Batman trait and grapple? lol
Supergirl wants to freeze me? no thx
Atrocitus 50/50s? Dnt feelz like gessin
Canary cry? Np
Grodds ermac grab thingy in trait is a no go
Harley mixes? nope
Flash can go mix someone else
Poison ivys kiss dont even effect aqumen
Dont gotta guess against those feline women
Firestorm molten trap lel
Green arrow more like no ice arrow
Captain cold cant freeze dis water
Scarecrows trait is uzelezz

I mean we don't know till release but holy shit this trait is gonna help in some matchups for sure
Things Aquamans trait does not save him from:

- Getting power bombed

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
I seen what his f2-f1+3 string looks like. It looks nothing like the side switching version.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Hearing that from the deep pops you up a lot higher I wonder if you can do things like b123 db2mb dash forward b3, and f13 db2mb dash forward b3. if that stuff works it'll still give him massive one bar combo potential and easily hit confirmable options.
You won't have enough time to that with forward dash recovery and b3 start up

Thefish

You won't have enough time to that with forward dash recovery and b3 start up
Well we're not sure yet.

Someone already mentioned in the thread one of his new bnb combos is b123-db2mb, b3, j3, f2 1+3. I don't know if there is a forward dash between the db2mb and the b3 but if the b123 hits the opponent as far away as it does in igau there must be a forward dash there.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Well we're not sure yet.

Someone already mentioned in the thread one of his new bnb combos is b123-db2mb, b3, j3, f2 1+3. I don't know if there is a forward dash between the db2mb and the b3 but if the b123 hits the opponent as far away as it does in igau there must be a forward dash there.
No, his b3 will just hit. You literally won't have time. I've seen the new mb ftd

Thefish

No, his b3 will just hit. You literally won't have time. I've seen the new mb ftd
Dude cmon, I've seen it aswell... His b3 looks faster in a video I seen of him this morning (not sure though obviously) the games not out yet. We don't know how fast db2mb or his dash actually recovers. Don't be so quick to flat out disqualify it man I think it's a good possibility.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Day 300 still no aquaman breakdown :(
I'll break him down for you:

Scoop doesn't launch, ftd doesn't launch, trident is normalized.

Long story short, and I hope I'm wrong, the chances he sucks are pretty high. Specially when you see that other legacy characters like GL who were already good, have been given a redesign improving their weaknesses. Everything Aquaman received are nerfs.

I'm gonna give him a chance since I like his design, but if he sucks, bye bye, I have no attachment to characters here like in mk universe.

Last edited:

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I'll break him down for you:

Scoop doesn't launch, ftd doesn't launch, trident is normalized.

Long story short, and I hope I'm wrong, the chances he sucks are pretty high. Specially when you see that other legacy characters like GL who were already good, have been given a redesign improving their weaknesses. Everything Aquaman received are nerfs.

I'm gonna give him a chance since I like his design, but if he sucks, bye bye, I have no attachment to characters here like in mk universe.
Not necessarily. Gl was pretty good, and they changed him to make him focus entirely around neutral, but he's still pretty much the same. Aquaman was too good and needed changes and the ones they gave him were fair (except the shit backdash idk how that was justified). He'll still have a good neutral, good normals, and a great trait. Trident rush is still there too and even though he needs to spend bar to do any damage, he apparently does about 40-45%. I don't see him being great by any means but no way he'll be bad.

Espio

Kokomo
I'd like to remark that most of the legacy character discussions seem to have a segment within them that has the discourse revolve around them being bad with their changes. There have been people saying Green Lantern was butchered ( no exaggeration), some claiming Batman and Wonder Woman were handled unfairly, some complaining about Arrow, quite a few Cyborg complaints too. Not even getting into the Bane tears that were quite palpable or some bitching about Catwoman/Flash as they were not exempt from people's sodium.

If everyone is allegedly bad now, there might be a fundamental disconnect to where fair is misconstrued as oppressively hindered and this could definitely apply to Aquaman. It's not a coincidence that certain segments of the community for each character community are very doom and gloom about their character.

Aquaman was a top five character in Injustice 1, having to spend more meter for damage instead of a good deal of meterless pathways (a universal type of change from the looks of it) should not be indicative of a character with that type of power becoming bad when a lot of legacy characters got toned down or minor retools too. Even the weak back dash should not be indicative of "oh no, now he is terrible".

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Also people forget that it wasn't just him getting changed lol... Nearly everyone has to spend a bar for a launch or has meterless launching strings into a small damaging combo.p, not to mention that he can most likely hitconfirm his combos into FTD now because seems like his new combo string is B123, or at worst he will make his blocked FTD safe with trait and not spend a bar on block, since the MB version only comes out on hit.

He still has a trakhing projectile that hits airborne oponents, trident rush, good one bar damage, great footsies, seems like he has a better wake-up now (which was literally his only weakness in IGAU), great air normals, that trait which we already know how good it is... Like...

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Also people forget that it wasn't just him getting changed lol... Nearly everyone has to spend a bar for a launch or has meterless launching strings into a small damaging combo.p, not to mention that he can most likely hitconfirm his combos into FTD now because seems like his new combo string is B123, or at worst he will make his blocked FTD safe with trait and not spend a bar on block, since the MB version only comes out on hit.

He still has a trakhing projectile that hits airborne oponents, trident rush, good one bar damage, great footsies, seems like he has a better wake-up now (which was literally his only weakness in IGAU), great air normals, that trait which we already know how good it is... Like...
Which his good wakeup?

Last edited:

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Aquaman was an offensive and defensive powerhouse in i1. His trait was godlike and still came back, he could get around 40% for a bar, his d1 did 11% on block.
Ftd no longer comboing without meter is more fair to the rest of the cast and he still has great defensive options. Don't know much about his wake up special but he still has trait, backdash and delayed wake up with stance switch as a new feature. You don't always need a special

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
We havent really seen any of his gear moves right? I remember seeing him throw a trident into the floor, but he has to have a few more.

I wonder if he'll be a much better character in gear mode than competitive, kind of how Braniac looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.