What's new

Aquaman Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
So apparently he gets no meterless damage. Scoop and FTD both dont launch. And trident rush doesnt build meter anymore, but it still does hella chip so thats good. Nerfs arent too bad imo. He'll still be solid. But his backdash is one of the worst I've ever seen. This is probably the character I fuck with day 1. He was my main in Inj1 (though I barely played it) and I LOVE his trait.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Interested in this character.

Didn't play injustice one, so those of you who played him...you think losing launching properties on scoop and ftd will be huge? First I thought only ftd lost them, but also scoop? He is basically left with 0 meterless damage. Also backdash seems to suck as you mention above.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Interested in this character.

Didn't play injustice one, so those of you who played him...you think losing launching properties on scoop and ftd will be huge? First I thought only ftd lost them, but also scoop? He is basically left with 0 meterless damage. Also backdash seems to suck as you mention above.
I asked ketchup on twitter and he said the scoop doesnt launch but it works better as a wake up now (though he never specified in what way) which would be good cause wakeups were his biggest (and only tbh) weakness in inj1. Theres no doubt he'll be solid, but you need to play him a bit more honest and manage your meter really well. His meterless punish will probably be b123 ftd which will reset the neutral. And aquaman has a great neutral. Scoop could change though. We'll just have to wait.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
After playing Kenshi for two years, I will never main a character with a back dash that bad ever again, it's a huge deal and NRS doesn't seem to care about defensive characters having a back dash.

Thefish

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink.. More.
It'll be a bit of adjustment. Off uppercut aa what can you get meterless, only meterless launcher will be b2u3 midscreen. Spending bar on combos, pushblock, mb dash roll, combo escapes, mb b/f3, clashing will be tough aswel.
Still keen to try him out and see how he goes.

Thefish

I'm not TOO worried about the lack of meterless damage but if his trait really takes 30 seconds to come back that would be
Yeah that can be easily mean one trait per round unless you really slow the pace and control the match. It'll more or less just be a trait to escape 1 big combo during each round I'd say.

Reactions: GAV

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I don't know what you inj1 aquaman mains think, but Imo removing launching properties of both ftd and scoop might be excessive.

I think scoop should still launch (it did in previous builds). He's gonna be tremendously meter hungry if it doesn't and very low threatening without a bar.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I don't know what you inj1 aquaman mains think, but Imo removing launching properties of both ftd and scoop might be excessive.

I think scoop should still launch (it did in previous builds). He's gonna be tremendously meter hungry if it doesn't and very low threatening without a bar.
I think it's there way of making you think about spending all your meter on mb trident rush. In inj1, you had NO reason not too, it was a great use of meter. Inj2, will make you question if thats how you want to spend your meter.

Remember, things will change from Insomnia to release. Ketchup already noticed differences from the Insomnia Deadshot and the one we saw on stream. The chances of us getting more changes are still very very much possible., we'll just have to see.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=NVSjqyCvXP8
More Aquaman gameplay 8:20 into the video. It's terrible but we see his first gear move which seems to change trident toss and also ex scoop (on block). Atleast we get to see his beautiful face again.
Edit: his trait also came back 10 seconds faster than it did in the build that K&M played so we're already seeing changes

(Sorry it wouldn't let me embed it)

Last edited:
As a aquaman main in the first injustice hearing that FTD doesn't launch didn't seem that bad to me but now that I hear scoop doesn't launch I'm definitely feeling worried, I'm not going to jump to conclusion because the game isn't out yet but I know for sure you will have to play him very different then injustice 1.

Thefish

The worst one I've ever seen except for Aganos. But he's a giant rock monster with tons of armor so it makes sense. Don't know why they decided to give him the worst one in NRS history.
Yeah dude, I can't understand that decision one bit.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yea but then we got trait which I've been thinking about. These are just some things he can (theoretically) shut down with his trait (which is apparently a 15 second cool down lel)

Superman freeze? nah
Batman trait and grapple? lol
Supergirl wants to freeze me? no thx
Atrocitus 50/50s? Dnt feelz like gessin
Canary cry? Np
Grodds ermac grab thingy in trait is a no go
Harley mixes? nope
Flash can go mix someone else
Poison ivys kiss dont even effect aqumen
Dont gotta guess against those feline women
Firestorm molten trap lel
Green arrow more like no ice arrow
Captain cold cant freeze dis water
Scarecrows trait is uzelezz

I mean we don't know till release but holy shit this trait is gonna help in some matchups for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.