What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I see no one has mention using b123 so here ya go!

b123 db2 mb b2 db1 22 bf2 - 37% (The extra hit on b12 might catch people off guard leading to a combo)

b12 db2 b123 db2 mb b2 db1 f2 1+3 - 41% (More for show)

ji2 adds 3-4%

22 db2 b123 Does not connect to my knowledge. I have tried multiple times.

I see b123 as a good opener because most people just expect the basic b12 and then eat the 3.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/basic-aquaman-vortex.30764/

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Nice! I see you do yours alittle differently then the one I found. didnt think you could dash in time for a b12, but that is awesome to know!
Unfortunately they're both 37%, so I'll be using yours from now on lol. It's WAY easier to pull off! Very nice find, didn't even think to do this

I see no one has mention using b123 so here ya go!

b123 db2 mb b2 db1 22 bf2 - 37% (The extra hit on b12 might catch people off guard leading to a combo)

b12 db2 b123 db2 mb b2 db1 f2 1+3 - 41% (More for show)

ji2 adds 3-4%

22 db2 b123 Does not connect to my knowledge. I have tried multiple times.

I see b123 as a good opener because most people just expect the basic b12 and then eat the 3.

B123 works really nice for corner combos too

Like 22 db2 b123 db2 MB b123 db1 f2 1+3 for 46% (47 or 49% w/ jump ins)

Ive also been trying to get interactables into his combos so i end his combos with a trident scoop bc it is a hard knockdown and gives you alot of advantage for the interactable to hit (some are fast enough to hit before its possible to wakeup being unescapable

Rn i have a 1 bar corner combo on fortress of solitude thats says its 100% but is really 99% (like thats horrible tho lol)

22 db2 b123 db2 mb b123 db1 (40%) / Then the spaceship interactable in the left corner
bb j3 22 interactable b3 22 db1 f2 1+3 (60%) but this doesnt kill them

If you get a jump in or have another bar you easily break 100 by adding a db2 mb durring the 2nd half of the combo

And even tho this is escapable with wake ups if you press the interactable quick enough the wakeup window feels like its only 1 or 2 frames long enough for you to wake up before youre reset (computer wakes up every time tho)

If anyone is actually able to wake up out of that then you can delay the 1st interactable and mb it to blow up their wake up and still get the whole combo

Edit: the interactable needs to be like to the frame btw too for it to be that hard to wake up from which wont always happen so this could become much more of a 50/50 if your opponent actually knows about it and is expecting it

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
My fellow Aquaman players ! never use 22 xx db2 or d1 xx db2 as a combo starter or punisher...the timing for b12 is waaay harder so instead just do b12 xx db2 b12 scoop...is you want to punish with d1 just cancel it into db1, unless you want to drop combos left and right. Just my 2 cents

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
My fellow Aquaman players ! never use 22 xx db2 or d1 xx db2 as a combo starter or punisher...the timing for b12 is waaay harder so instead just do b12 xx db2 b12 scoop...is you want to punish with d1 just cancel it into db1, unless you want to drop combos left and right. Just my 2 cents
I have not had an issue as of yet

Off of B3 and 1 bar.

B3, ji3, 22 xx db1, 22 xx db2 MB, f2, 1+3

44% easy peasy.
You can get 45% by doing B3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 because both hits of the trident scoop will hit. If I know I'm going to kill meterless I do it your way because you get 6% extra damage from doing scoop over from the depths. I figure every bit of optimization helps.

On an unrelated note I've noticed that sometimes my opponent will try and jump my B1 2 chain and be hit by the 2 as they jump over me. I messed around in the lab with it and found out you can confirm D2, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for 31% or D2, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 for 23%. This situation is extremely rare, but it's always good to have these kinds of confirms in your pocket.

Phillip

Noob
ok i need help i can do a b12 db2MB,b3,jia 2 but when i try jin 22db2,b12 db2 Mb2 into b3 i cant hit it can anyone do this into a longer combo n tell me the numbers cause i need to know if it is worth being in the lab trying to hit this.
also what about finshing your 22 or b12 into dd3 on block release on there hit when u think they stopped or you make a read start over?

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
ok i need help i can do a b12 db2MB,b3,jia 2 but when i try jin 22db2,b12 db2 Mb2 into b3 i cant hit it can anyone do this into a longer combo n tell me the numbers cause i need to know if it is worth being in the lab trying to hit this.
also what about finshing your 22 or b12 into dd3 on block release on there hit when u think they stopped or you make a read start over?
You can't do a B3 that late in the combo.

Phillip

Noob
You can't do a B3 that late in the combo.
so what about b12 or 22 into db2 MB b3 any numbers for combos that start like that n what about the ending the b12 and 22 into dd3 on block i think that can start some good mind games cancel out into some thing like a grab or try again?

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Depending on what you start with you can hit from 41-45% with 1 bar.

Ending a combo with dd3 is usually not the best idea because you can end with F2 1+3 or 223 and those are both hard knock downs. Those allow for a lot more mind games and more damage.

Not saying ending with dd3 is a bad idea, just don't do it regularly

Phillip

Noob
Depending on what you start with you can hit from 41-45% with 1 bar.

Ending a combo with dd3 is usually not the best idea because you can end with F2 1+3 or 223 and those are both hard knock downs. Those allow for a lot more mind games and more damage.

Not saying ending with dd3 is a bad idea, just don't do it regularly
i meant like if you hit them 22 or b12 and they blocking it you can end with dd3 cause going for f2 1+3 should get you blown up?

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Yeah you could end with dd3 on block, but it doesn't do a whole lot for you unless you backdash out, which then you lose any kind of grab setup you might have wanted. You'll take damage either way against most of the cast though

Phillip

Noob
Yeah you could end with dd3 on block, but it doesn't do a whole lot for you unless you backdash out, which then you lose any kind of grab setup you might have wanted. You'll take damage either way against most of the cast though
cool im just picking him up im learning stuff and i did not notice that he was safe after thoughs -_- lol opps i guess now it makes since.

qNEKT

Noob
The midscreen combo (b2u3, db2 mb, 22~db1, 3~db2) can add 3% more damage if you input 22 after the b2u3 and instead of 3~db2 you can do a f2 1+3. For a additional 3%, if I'm not mistaken. At work atm and can't remember exactly. I know I did it yesterday, but yeah I'll check when I get home.

So: b2u3, 22, db2 mb, 22~db1, f2 1+3

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
The midscreen combo (b2u3, db2 mb, 22~db1, 3~db2) can add 3% more damage if you input 22 after the b2u3 and instead of 3~db2 you can do a f2 1+3. For a additional 3%, if I'm not mistaken. At work atm and can't remember exactly. I know I did it yesterday, but yeah I'll check when I get home.

So: b2u3, 22, db2 mb, 22~db1, f2 1+3
In my experience following b2u3 with 22 is incredibly unreliable. It's a very sensitive hitbox and you have to be a certain distance. It's for certain a doable and repeatable thing, just impractical in my opinion

qNEKT

Noob
In my experience following b2u3 with 22 is incredibly unreliable. It's a very sensitive hitbox and you have to be a certain distance. It's for certain a doable and repeatable thing, just impractical in my opinion
To be honest, I have more trouble getting that db2 to hit after the b2u3 and 22 helps it.

And, you'll whiff the 22 after the db2 if you're to far away also. So it makes that combo impractical too. I just feel that 22 helps after the b2u3, it's really not that strict, and I'm able to hit it 100% of the time (if I'm not too far away that is.)

But as I was saying, if you're to far away to begin with, the 22 will whiff after the db2 also.

EDIT: I don't know if you all understand what I mean, since I have trouble understanding myself when reading what I've just written. English is not my main language, lol.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
To be honest, I have more trouble getting that db2 to hit after the b2u3 and 22 helps it.

And, you'll whiff the 22 after the db2 if you're to far away also. So it makes that combo impractical too. I just feel that 22 helps after the b2u3, it's really not that strict, and I'm able to hit it 100% of the time (if I'm not too far away that is.)

But as I was saying, if you're to far away to begin with, the 22 will whiff after the db2 also.

EDIT: I don't know if you all understand what I mean, since I have trouble understanding myself when reading what I've just written. English is not my main language, lol.
After a b2u3 I always follow up with db1.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found a really high dmg, impractical midscreen combo.

B2U3 (walk forward very slightly) 2 xx db2 (MB), B3, J3, 22 xx db1, f2 1+3

Does 46% for 1 bar, the timing of the walk forward 2, the B3, and the J3 into 22 are all extremely tight. Also, I am not sure if this is even possible on small chars, I did it on Grundy.

Also is a bit easier if you corner yourself to start, I found out afterwards.

Gizmo235

Noob
Having trouble going into trident (db2) from d1
(d1 xx db2)
I can pretty much always do it as long as I go from standing to d1 then xx db2 but if I am already crouching it seems to be much much harder to do.
And tips to cancelling d1 while already crouching into trident (db2)?
I'm assuming it is harder since you need a new down input to do the qcb but I cant seem to do it consistently.