What's new

Tech Aquaman Combo Thread

Jetm

That Guy
If you find yourself lucky enough to land a j3, you can get 54% with 3 bars midscreen.

j3 22 bbMB j3 22 db2MB 22 db1 f21+3

I found some combo options from D2 anti-air last week that no one has mentioned yet, apologies if they have, so I decided to make a video compiling them.

Any of these combos can also be ended with 22 xx DB2 or 22 xx BF2. I did not include them because they do not lead to a hard knockdown. It is worth noting that although 22 xx BF2 does not lead to a hard knockdown it does in most cases do 1% additional damage.

From any clean D2 hit where the opponent flips up above the life bars you can get a B3. I believe this to be confirmable on hit, but the timing is much tighter than the standard 22~DB2 or 22~DB1 that most people are using now, and you don't have nearly get the amount of time you do with 22 to confirm. So if you aren't confident on being able to confirm the B3 just stick with 22.

Aquaman also gets a full combo on D2 trades as long as the trade does not knock him down. The window for the followup 22 is kinda tight. You can use B12 instead. The link is slightly easier, but does 2% less damage overall.

COMBO NOTATION
1) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 28%
2) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, 223 28%
3) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB1, 3 xx DB2 28%
4) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 35%
5) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, 223 34%
6) D2, B3, J3, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, 3 xx DB2 35%
7) D2, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 20%
8) D2, 22 xx DB1, 223 20%
9) D2, 22 xx DB1, 3 xx DB2 21%
10) D2, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, F2 1+3 30%
11) D2, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, 223 30%
12) D2, 22 xx DB2 MB, 22 xx DB1, 3 xx DB2 30%

Sorry for the quality. I don't have a capture card.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Why are people including jump ins on combos? All these combos can be done without the jump in and it isn't guarenteed damage. I'm aware that it's possible, but more often than not a lot of these combos will be done without the jump in.

I dunno, just seems like it's not actually any more damaging than other stuff people have come up with

Why are people including jump ins on combos? All these combos can be done without the jump in and it isn't guarenteed damage. I'm aware that it's possible, but more often than not a lot of these combos will be done without the jump in.

I dunno, just seems like it's not actually any more damaging than other stuff people have come up with
I just put the jump in to add damage. It may not be the most viable combo but everything is situational. I personally dont like combos starting b3 for some characters but aquaman has great range with his. Maybe if you were jumping over a projectile you would consider one of these combos.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I just put the jump in to add damage. It may not be the most viable combo but everything is situational. I personally dont like combos starting b3 for some characters but aquaman has great range with his. Maybe if you were jumping over a projectile you would consider one of these combos.
No, you misunderstand. As far as I've seen when people post combos for others to use it's generally a better idea to post the base damage (no Jump in) to give a clear idea about the combo. This seems especially true in this game because there are 3 different jump ins to use in different situations. I'm not saying you're wrong for including it, it just seems like a better option to post the base combo, because everything else is situational

No, you misunderstand. As far as I've seen when people post combos for others to use it's generally a better idea to post the base damage (no Jump in) to give a clear idea about the combo. This seems especially true in this game because there are 3 different jump ins to use in different situations. I'm not saying you're wrong for including it, it just seems like a better option to post the base combo, because everything else is situational
True but you also have to factor in juggling. One extra/less move could change the combo all together.

True but you also have to factor in juggling. One extra/less move could change the combo all together.
As far as I've seen, that's only a factor when you're jumping in with 3 which causes the juggle state. Otherwise it's already an accepted fact that any base combo posted will have 1-3% extra damage if started from a jump in. It's better to show the absolute minimum damage rather than absolute max IMO.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
The only thing that changes the juggle is the transition from standing->juggle state. Any attack that leaves someone on their feet doesn't affect their bounces or how quickly they fall

Sorry if someone has already mentioned one, but are there any combos that either have a B.3 or end with a B.3? Specifically off of his B.1,2? I only ask for the sake of being able to perform stage transitions without just throwing out a random B.3

Jetm

That Guy
Sorry if someone has already mentioned one, but are there any combos that either have a B.3 or end with a B.3? Specifically off of his B.1,2? I only ask for the sake of being able to perform stage transitions without just throwing out a random B.3
You can link B.3 off of a MB DB.2 early in a combo.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Yes, near the top of this page I posted a combo using the exact thing you're looking for

Any tips on how to land the ji2 2,2 db1 2,2. i can do it on occasion but never land the 2,2 80% of the time let alone also get in the db1 or db2. Is it just a speed/me screwing up thing, swear im my worst enemy at this point =/

Jetm

That Guy
Any tips on how to land the ji2 2,2 db1 2,2. i can do it on occasion but never land the 2,2 80% of the time let alone also get in the db1 or db2. Is it just a speed/me screwing up thing, swear im my worst enemy at this point =/
If you're referring to the first 22 in the combo, you have to make sure you input it before you touch the ground. You cannot combo off of the hitstun of a jump in 2 if you do not buffer the following moves ahead of time.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but if you are ending your BnBs with 22xxbf2, be mindful of your opponents wake-up options.

I know if I end certain combos against Green Lantern with bf2 he can pick me up with his grab on wake-up after the combo is finished.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How do you get the B3 to hit after a db2 MB? I can't get a b12 db2 MB b3 to land. Do you have to MB the b3?
Just very tight timing. Theres nothing special to it, just have to press the button at the correct time.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but if you are ending your BnBs with 22xxbf2, be mindful of your opponents wake-up options.

I know if I end certain combos against Green Lantern with bf2 he can pick me up with his grab on wake-up after the combo is finished.
Yeah, I've found either ending combos with 223 or f2,1+3 for the hard knockdown, 223 also allows for cross up options

If you find yourself lucky enough to land a j3, you can get 54% with 3 bars midscreen.

j3 22 bbMB j3 22 db2MB 22 db1 f21+3
I think this combo is character specific cant connect 22 bbMB on catwomen, kf, hawkgirl but easly do it on joker or ares (only chars i tested bc im lazy...)

Also standing 22 into interactable (like the throne in atlantis) wiffs on some chars if youre stance has Aquaman's chest away from the camera :'(