What's new

April Patch Hot takes

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
HOT TAKE ALERT
Green Lantern won't be a thing on the competitive scene until he gets a real back dash.
Faaaaaaaaaacts

also, all this anti-Deadshot reverse osmosis hype makes me wanna go back to him now
he could be the new Swamp Thing now that he isn't so bad anymore

#LowTierHeroes
#MainingDrFateMakesMeFeelLikeAWhore

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Hot take: Bane's a contender for top 10.

Pretty much every character who got nerfed was a bad MU for him and they got nerfed and all the ones who got buffed hardly made a difference.

Black Adam - Damage/zoning nerf - Win
Black Manta - Backdash nerf - Win
Captain Cold - Plus frame buff - Irrelevant as anything
Deadshot - Trait/zoning buff - Kinda pointless, wait out trait, continue to walk in.
Dr Fate - Damage and ORB NERF - WIN
Firestorm - Everything nerf - Win
Grodd - Stampede buff/nerf, jump buff(lol?) - Whatever
Hellboy - Anti air nerf - Win. Wakeup air revolver is less effective
Joker - Trait buff - Uhh not sure. Makes a difference but if you get cornered against Bane then you're the one playing that game
Red Hood - D1 buff - Cool I guess?
Starfire - Starbolt MB not throw immune - Win but kind of irrelevant
Turtles - Changes - Irrelevant.

Idk man. Never felt better playing Bane. His only matchup where he loses almost everywhere on the screen is Beetle. Batman/Superman are still free as anything in the corner, even though they win the neutral. He probably still loses to some of the characters mentioned but it's way less free now imo.

Wowo still kinda sucks as a MU

Last edited:
Hot take: Bane's a contender for top 10.

Pretty much every character who got nerfed was a bad MU for him and they got nerfed and all the ones who got buffed hardly made a difference.

Black Adam - Damage/zoning nerf - Win
Black Manta - Backdash nerf - Win
Captain Cold - Plus frame buff - Irrelevant as anything
Deadshot - Trait/zoning buff - Kinda pointless, wait out trait, continue to walk in.
Dr Fate - Damage and ORB NERF - WIN
Firestorm - Everything nerf - Win
Grodd - Stampede buff/nerf, jump buff(lol?) - Whatever
Hellboy - Anti air nerf - Win. Wakeup air revolver is less effective
Joker - Trait buff - Uhh not sure. Makes a difference but if you get cornered against Bane then you're the one playing that game
Red Hood - D1 buff - Cool I guess?
Starfire - Starbolt MB not throw immune - Win but kind of irrelevant
Turtles - Changes - Irrelevant.

Idk man. Never felt better playing Bane. His only matchup where he loses almost everywhere on the screen is Beetle. Batman/Superman are still free as anything in the corner, even though they win the neutral. He probably still loses to some of the characters mentioned but it's way less free now imo.

Wowo still kinda sucks.
I'd love it if they made her trait like hellboys or atleast just have the air dash as a base tool.