What's new

April Patch Hot takes

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright let's have them. Only water-boiling hot or hotter takes are acceptable in this thread.

I'm going to start:
Grodd's buffs are very strong.
Fate's nerfs are good. He's still got dumb shit but more manageable now.
Firestorm is properly normalized.

Wonder woman MIGHT not be bottom 5 anymore now that Fate and Firestorm are nerfed. Probably bottom 10 now.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Bottom tier of Grodd, Cold, Raphael and Raiden remains bottom tier.

Catwoman bumped up to #1 again by being unchanged.

Lower tiers like Cyborg, Donnie, Black Canary and Enchantress still won't be played.

Atom now top 5, maybe top 3.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Bottom tier of Grodd, Cold, Raphael and Raiden remains bottom tier.

Catwoman bumped up to #1 again by being unchanged.

Lower tiers like Cyborg, Donnie, Black Canary and Enchantress still won't be played.

Very hot takes in there but I don't agree with some. GRODD IS OVERBUFFED AND NEEDS TO BE NERFED NOW

ok not really

Wigy

There it is...
NRS seem to be terrified of making any significant changes even though this game is stagnant and some characters have been getting spitroasted with horrible matchups everywhere for a long time.

I actually preferred the old nrs with tonnes of patches that shook up shit. This game is just painful every patch unless your riding on some op braindead character which seem to fly under the radar.

Setting the butthurt bar high for this thread.

Raiden is still bottom 3. His changes were so mild it didn't even make it into the patch notes. Firestorm is gonna get dropped like a hot potato. I think he's worse than he was in the vanilla patch.

Deadshot is top 10 and no one will play him.

Skedar70

Noob
Small patch. Everything stays mostly the same except firestorm who got addressed according to everyone who was crying about him. I think Deadshot has a shot to be played again as a zoner. Cold is still low tier. I think Grodd was fine and still is fine mid tier.

HOT TAKES
Deadshot didn't really have his problem fixed and people will still forget he exists
Fate couldn't care less about these nerfs
Adam laughs at puny programmers attempts to slow him down
Catwoman stole her changes and no one wanted to admit it
Okay, this had me laughing out loud at my computer.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Saw this thread was made by @Braindead and expected Wowo downplay before opening. Was not disappointed.

Onwards, pretty good patch all up aside from the fact NRS really doesn't know what to do with low tier characters, particularly Grodd who is basically harmless to buff unless you really fuck it.

I like the Fate nerfs. MB orb was really cancer in some MU's and did a similar job of what pre-patch Cold MB trap did minus the fact it doesn't give you a full combo, but then there's the traited one which can I guess so all's better.

I agree with what most of said in that Firestorm nerfs will probably make him worse than before. That video that was posted in the other thread by @Braindead also makes it look like his trait charges WAY slower with his charge special but I could be wrong. I would've been happy if they took away that, made his D1 not nuts, and his wakeup game not so strong, but it is what it is.

Deadshot buffs are nice. Can't remember how long his trait lasts for or how long it's recharge is but if one of them is too short/long respectively he probably won't move an awful lot in the tier list imo. Still the worst zoner in the game without it and his meter build is the same so you can kinda afford to wait out the trait if you normally win the zoning war I think.

Joker and Cold changes are... weird but nice? Joker trait change was nice, don't know the numbers of the top of my head but the chip change is pretty strong and helps in zoning wars if you can get it out. Still has ass recovery though.

Cold changes are nice too. I think it would've been better if he either:
a) Got a better projectile in either speed, recovery, startup etc.
b) Made MB icicle actually useful. I think it should require a certain amount of damage to destroy. You can't jump over it but you can break it with normals now. Cold can shoot projectiles while you're breaking it, but if you use your D1/D3's you still low profile the BF1, but then he can go for more icicle's which have longer recovery/startup/speed but you have to block them or take the trade. Or you can cash out for trait charge and meme.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
How though? His setups are pretty gimmicky due to his lack of good HKD's. He's a meter intensive character who can build a lot of meter but a lot of characters can also prevent him from building it due to air mobility and the fact he can't really do a whole lot about it. He still has a bunch of losing MU's and his damage output is still low as ever.

Plymarco

Worst Kitana ever?
Raiden is still bottom 3. His changes were so mild it didn't even make it into the patch notes. Firestorm is gonna get dropped like a hot potato. I think he's worse than he was in the vanilla patch.

Deadshot is top 10 and no one will play him.
What were Raiden changes?