What's new

[Apr 27, 2015] Mortal Kombat X Tournament at Battle & Brew ATL GA (Sandy Springs, GA)

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
Wasnt sure id be ready but I can now say with confidence even though its my first tourney I fully expect top 5

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
I'll be there for sure! Looking forward to meeting you all and getting my butt handed to me.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Getting off work around 4, then heading to B&B as soon as I can.

@BattleandBrew @Pig Of The Hut Do we have an idea what happens if the turnout is over 30? The facebook page has 70 people registered to go. Should I get there an hour or 2 early?
Rule of thumb with FB events is to expect 1/3 of what registers to show up, though that's not to say that 70 or more might actually show up. Arriving early is a good idea. Be sure to find Brian, our tournament host if you have any questions.

Yea, hopefully the turnout will be good enough to keep these events coming. I guess we will just have to see when we get there.
Turnout, while a great thing, isn't what will keep us continuing to do this- sales is. We are a business and need to make money in order to stay open and continue hosting great events like these. Remember that we don't get any of the entry fees (100% of it goes to the prize pool) and we don't charge for gametime during the tourney so the only way we're making money is through food & drink sales. If you want us to continue hosting MKX (& fighting game tourneys in general) make sure you buy food & drinks and tip the waitstaff/bartenders while you are here!

That car crash OKI is too strong. Could not block the mix up, won't be able to make it out. Let me know if the turn out cap is an issue, want to know how early we will have to leave next time, or we might just start coming to yomi

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Rule of thumb with FB events is to expect 1/3 of what registers to show up, though that's not to say that 70 or more might actually show up. Arriving early is a good idea. Be sure to find Brian, our tournament host if you have any questions.

Turnout, while a great thing, isn't what will keep us continuing to do this- sales is. We are a business and need to make money in order to stay open and continue hosting great events like these. Remember that we don't get any of the entry fees (100% of it goes to the prize pool) and we don't charge for gametime during the tourney so the only way we're making money is through food & drink sales. If you want us to continue hosting MKX (& fighting game tourneys in general) make sure you buy food & drinks and tip the waitstaff/bartenders while you are here!
Hey, is Shinnok unlocked on all systems?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got home, now getting called back into work to fill in for someone, will probably be done around 7. Might not make it tonight unless we get done early.