What's new

[Apr 1, 2017] UMK3 - GET IT IN OHIO 2017 - $1000+ 1ST PLACE POT BONUS +... (Cincinnati, OH)

RSVP to Get it in Ohio 2017

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright guys, here's the deal. We need to resort to our own methods of promotion/spreading the word, because this even is *NOT* getting front paged or featured. That is correct.

GET IT IN OHIO 2017 IS NOT GETTING FRONT PAGED OR FEATURED.

I'm not sure why, but at least I got a tweet out about it. On a personal level, I want to thank guys like @9.95 and @Shock for doing what they can by tweeting and posting on their personal and any other social platforms they run. It's hard enough drawing an audience/crowd/participants for a 21 year old video game, even harder when the site that claims to be the destination for it on the internet, and the foundation of which this site was build, won't promote it. So help me out here guys, we have 3 weeks to go, let's get the word out everywhere we can!!

Yeah, just bump this in 3 months so it's fresh in people's minds.
I'm guessing this no longer applies? I've been told it is NOT going to be FP/Feature material. Let me know if it is and I'll edit this!

Let's think about this fellas. You got happy birthday to sonic fox, post your names canadian players, online tourneys, and articles about dudes signing sponsorship deals as your front page and featured post. YET, an OFFLINE, brick and mortar classic MK tournament, with current attendance confirmations in the mid 20's with 3 weeks to go, Can't see the light of day?! Get real.

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569
@Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
wow, are you serious? they won't front page it? unreal.

it sickens me that they wouldn't want to help keep an older, klassic MK game alive and/or support it.

wow, are you serious? they won't front page it? unreal.

it sickens me that they wouldn't want to help keep an older, klassic MK game alive and/or support it.
Yep. I asked repeatedly for a front page or feature, one ignored me one finally said 'we will tweet it out'.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
The fact that they won't front page this tournament is pretty ridiculous, agreed. The new school mk players (mk9, mkx) don't really acknowledge the classics. But it's the same the other way around. We got 2 weeks+ until this goes down, I myself should be attending.

MRIGOTBASS

Its 2 weeks away, I am sure when its a few days out the dude @STORMS and @Shock will front page it. 2 weeks is a little far out. There is close to 30 die hard umk3 players traveling from all over the country to attend a game that is now 22 years old, those 30 people will still come regardless if its on the front of the site or not but it would be nice if they did show some love.

Mr LagPolar

Less than a week out guys! Just remember we will be starting well earlier this year - looking at 2:30 PM start time. Will give us plenty of times for casuals before we get started.

I want to first clarify something - it looks like we are going to have a total sponsorship of $670. I was able to raise $170, and we have $500 from a sponsor. Another sponsor had originally pledged $500 but pulled it back last month. I'm doing everything I can up to the very last minute to secure more funds, but know that at this point Entry Fee money will go into the prize pool for the winner as well. Last year we did $1000 to winner and split entry fees between 2nd the 3rd place. This year may be winner take all.

That being said, we will be starting the tournament at approximately 2:30!! That will give us time to get some casuals in prior to the event. Saturday we will be having the UMK3, Trilogy, and 2v2 doubles tournaments. The rest of the tournaments, time permitting on Sunday will be played.

We will also be taking time to have money/grudge matches on stream! So be prepared. Also, don't forget about the tournament pots - First animality, first friendship, first babality, and first flawless victory. These are $5 each to get into and become eligible AFTER the first round of the brackets are played.

Also keep in mind, some of the UMK3 and Trilogy tournaments MAY BE run concurrently. If we begin having time issues losers bracket will go off stream as it did last year.

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

START TIME FOR UMK3 TOURNAMENT IS AT 2PM SATURDAY.
3 out of 5, and then winners, losers, grand finals is 4-7.

Upon completion, we will then (possibly concurrently) run 4 player 2v2 (must be done on MAME) concurrently with Trilogy. Both of those will be double elimination 2 out of 3. Winners, losers and grand finals for UMK3 2v2 ONLY will be 3-5. Trilogy will be 2 out of 3 winners, losers, grand finals. Trilogy will be streamed and we will try to stream 2v2 as well.

Time permitting Saturday we will run random select.

Sundays tournament formats (auction, perhaps randper?) are TBD.

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I want to be the first to apologize to @Juggs I was wrong about @Spic Unit Spin in the my top 5, my fault your back in.

I was wrong and I admit it.

Never have I seen somone get beat that bad in my life and I wasted 7 hours waiting for it.

UnReal
I mean I figured it was a bait to get me to go, I just didn't know what else to say, lol. But even though I haven't played in a minute, "wanting" to go wasn't the problem.

Don't worry, I'll get back in the ring and dethrone the champ. I'm coming for you @NoDoubt

NoDoubt

nasty
Me n spic couldn't play right for the tourney. couldn't use mame cuz John suffers from the Xbox controller glitch it has when u hold block n run, it auto-unblocks so the cab was the better choice.

The cab had issues reading controllers. once it worked, it had no lag, but combos and inputs had to be pressed at a weird speed to get them out, that's why u notice lots of unfinished combos, corner traps and barely any instant airs. in fact, I couldn't do any instants so I was limited to nightwolf. couldn't use kitana or anyone with a long combo string like jax, Jade or sheeva.

there's a software to take that glitch off mame for Xbox pad players they gotta get it.

MRIGOTBASS

but combos and inputs had to be pressed at a weird speed to get them out, that's why u notice lots of unfinished combos,
I clearly noticed this, people were dropping combos left and right. John still blows balls NH tho and even on mame was looking like dog shit tho, not the same spin we are used to seeing online LOL. I guess Johns combo and corner infinite interrupting tech doesnt work offline LOL.

NoDoubt

nasty
Idk cuz he uses that analog button 4 block n run. not the shoulders, the one under it on Xbox. mame doesn't allow them pressed together or some shit so yea.

Cab took getting used to, and most of us weren't ready. ddy lost bad on it