What's new

[Apr 1, 2017] UMK3 - GET IT IN OHIO 2017 - $1000+ 1ST PLACE POT BONUS +... (Cincinnati, OH)

RSVP to Get it in Ohio 2017

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GET IT IN OHIO 2017 - April 1&2, Cincinnati Ohio, at Arcade Legacy - same place as last year.

662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45240.

Still working out sponsorship details - IDEALLY we will up the Ante a little bit to get 1500 to winner and 500 to second, instead of a winner take all event - however, based on sponsorship that is subject to change. But winner WILL take home at LEAST $1K!!

There will be a $10 venue fee that is good for both Saturday and Sunday.

The UMK3 tournament will be $10 entry.

Other tournies to be held - UMK3 4-player 2v2 (team up now or at the event!), UMK3 Random Select, and MK Trilogy! Schedules for Tournaments still TBD. Entry for each will be $5 per person (10 per team 2v2)

Spread the word!

Tell everyone you know! We had 13 turn out last year. @NoDoubt won the event, @Juggs was 2nd place, @Spic Unit came in 3rd and McLov1ns came in 4th! Looking to have 24+ for the field this year!

We WILL be starting the main event a few hours earlier. We started around 6 or 7 last year and were very rushed for time. Looking to start around 2-3PM to give us plenty of time for other tournaments, casuals, and FT5 FT10 money matches!

For the main tournament (1v1 UMK3 Juggernaut hack) same rules as last year apply to this year.
3 out of 5 double elimination, and then 4 out of 7 for winners/losers/grand finals
winner is character locked.
noob is banned.
slow corner infinite jab is banned
otherwise, game play is AS IS (robot smoke MAY change to human smoke before any round).

As always, feel free to tag more! This has been posted to Facebook as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/umk3.mkt.online/

I apologize if there's multiple mentions of your name, i'm just copying and pasting from places!

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

Last edited by a moderator:

MRIGOTBASS

again? when did i boycott a kommunity event, ever

i went pal. are you gonna boycott the kommunity by not going again
Yes you did, and I apologize for the confusion, @nwo was the one who for 6 years told people he would crush them offline and then didn't show up.

I just assumed after you and @nwo threw your guys hissy fit last year and rage quit the community, that you would'nt be attending this year.

Hope you been well @dubson, maybe someday you will unblock me and we can play MK again.

Base.

MRIGOTBASS

TWBMK

Looking forward to the event, we will see some good matchups.

Also:

2 of My personal top 5 players of all time USA will be at the event.

There has been a change in who i consider the top 5 players of all time in the USA as well.

I am moving @NoDoubt and @Spic Unit into the top of greatest umk3 players of all time USA list, and not to take anything away from them but @Juggs and @REO while great players of thier era, are clearly out played and out classed by Spin and Arion so they have been removed.

Mr. Bass top 5 UMK3 Players of All Time USA, no specific order.

1.CD
2.Spin
3.SansP
4.Arion
5.Mr. Bass I got Bass

Also I really would like to see more people come out and support @tehdrewsus after all this is his event, multiple people have pulled together to help Drew as sponsors but in the end of the day, @tehdrewsus is going out of his way to keep UMK3 alive and it would be really good to see the people who supported the game in the past, show some support now.

HLAMF TWBMK

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
TWBMK

Looking forward to the event, we will see some good matchups.

2 of My personal top 5 players of all time USA will be at the event.

There has been a change in who i consider the top 5 players of all time in the USA as well.

I am moving @NoDoubt and @Spic Unit into the top of greatest umk3 players of all time USA list, and not to take anything away from them but @Juggs and @REO while great players of thier era, are clearly out played and out classed by Spin and Arion so they have been removed.

Mr. Bass top 5 UMK3 Players of All Time USA, no specific order.

1.CD
2.Spin
3.SansP
4.Arion
5.Mr. Bass I got Bass

Also I really would like to see more people come out and support @tehdrewsus after all this is his event, multiple people have pulled together to help Drew as sponsors but in the end of the day, @tehdrewsus is going out of his way to keep UMK3 alive and it would be really good to see the people who supported the game in the past, show some support now.

HLAMF TWBMK
K

Guys give me your thoughts on a way to increase some hype and excitement for the tournament. For the main event only, how about some pots to get into?

5 bucks each entry, only those entered are eligible:

First Friendship performed
First Babality performed
First Animality performed
First Flawless victory

Could also do pots for "MOST" of the above performed as well.

As always I'm open to ideas.

@dubson
@MRIGOTBASS
@9.95
@Shock
@YOMI REO
@McLOV1NS
@Drakonian
@nwo
@ddy_08
@YourMKArcadeSource
@Platinum Shinobi
@Mikemetroid
@MKillBill
@Trukuu777
@dubson
@NoDoubt
@Juggs
@Tim Static
@Biggs
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS
@DemoniChris
@necoarc12
@Konqrr
@Kensidj
@Horde
@EdFig81
@BustaUppa
@Dank_Sinatra
@THTB
@jamessmk
@Ziggy
@UndefinedRican
@ComboMaster7
@Stew
@AnTi
@Younng734
@MRIGOTBASS
@Biggs
@RM AtK!

@CRAZY DOMINICAN @MRIGOTBASS @OUIJA WARRIOR @Shock @Juggs @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @YOMI REO @GokuRen @GoldenOreos @KIKI AKA GAME @HSB SKILLZ @He Is Close @dubson @Dank_Sinatra @9.95 @DC HUSTLE @ETHIOPIAN 514 @marvirrasta @w1nter warz @MKK hanzo @MKillBill @Twin Paradox @Mane @Hspeed @NobilityV3 @ComboMaster7 @Goblin Bones @mistaKM @Annihilator83 @BustaUppa @AnTi @iSwampy @darxyde @wazz @oBryant @Remz @Onewhite1Gold @Ninja Ryo @Shaney @Lex @DarKNaTaS @Tim Static @QuiGonZel @X820 @Br0ken @Pikachu @SweetJohnnyCage @RollTide8569 @Dreamcatcher @EdFig81 @Grindfox @Plinko Chip @Nitrogoose @AC1984 @Professor_Rouse @TRIGGAVELLii @DoctorRouse1.0 @crazylebanese @ashapeshifter @JOHNNY ERMAC @xhChrishx @Lucky Day @fugee don @BuhRock v2 @Killmaim420 @skateblind @Rin Andrechentov

Another side tournament?! Am I crazy?!

Here's an idea for another side event (hat tip ti @McLOV1NS : Auction style. This would be a tournament for the 2nd day.

Ideally we would have 8-12 people for this, 12 maximum. All 23 characters have a slip of paper with their name, and go into a hat. Name is drawn from a hat and bid on. All winning bids go into the pot. Whoever wins the bid on the character, that is their character for the entire tournament. Single elimination, 3 out of 5 all the way through.

I'm open to ideas about this, if you all like it how it is, if it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, or any potential changes. Can you bid and win on multiple characters, so you'd have one in your pocket if you need it? 8 players will be a straight up single elim bracket, with $ bid on character used for seeding. 10-12 will have Play In matches, again $ bid for seeding.