What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

The Gabriel

Mean Man
As far as New 52 goes, I've only read the first trade of each of the "dark" titles. I liked Demon Knights, thought Frankenstein was okay (series has since been cancelled), Swamp Thing was kinda meh, didn't like Animal Man, and hated Justice League Dark.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
I just read The Judas Contract a few nights ago. It's an older Teen Titans comic but it's really good.

Reedoms

Noob
Wait, I thought that wasn't suppose to come out until May 7th
Every DC animated film leaks a few weeks in advance.

What I've been reading as of late has been Chew and catching up on Scarlet Spider. Also been reading through JoJo's Bizzare Adventure though that's not really a western comic.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
100 Girls was interesting, wish it was a bit longer but very engaging story.

7 Days to Fame - Both felt padded and too short at the same time. The concept could really work in the hands of someone competent, it was OK but a lot of wasted potential.

Batman: The Dark Knight - Cycle of Violence. My favorite arc of the New 52 Batman comics (yes, even above Court of the Owls). Scarecrow is just a fantastic villain.

Superman: Secret Identity - This is probably my favorite Superman comic of all time and I find myself re-reading it at times, I've done so recently.

New 52 Wonder Woman - Best New 52 book going.

New 52 Aquaman - Just read it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I bought and read the Killer Frost origin comic recently. It was pretty good.

I plan to re-read Kingdom Come again and the entire Swamp Thing comic collection. There will be fapping.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The entire Swamp Thing comic collection. There will be fapping.
Damn I love Swamp Thing, his New 52 comics, while wordy, is really engaging too. Also he met up with Constantine recently, I miss their messed up friendship!
New 52 Wonder Woman - Best New 52 book going.
It really is, I know initially there were complaints that it focused too much on mythology etc. but it is the only WW book that has managed to get me hooked/interested on her.

And now she's my main in Injustice!

Ive never actually owned comic books. Till now. I've been gasing myself up since January watching the old Batman and Superman Animated series. Now I cant stop in the world of DC. Picked up GL Rebirth. JL New 52 Origins Vol 1, Kingdom Come, Death of Superman, Joker by Brian Azarello and The Flash Blood will Run.

Next, I'm moving on to Flash Rebirth, Identity Crisis and the Injustice Series.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Anyone recommend any good Wonder Woman Origin series?
In the New 52 they changed WW's Origin's so basically start from issue 1 of New 52 Wonder Woman and you're good to go, some people read issue 0 after 12 as that's how it's released, but for WW you can basically read issue 0 first if you want, 0 issues have most of the origin stuff in it.

Sounds good. Already picked up JL New 52 Vol 1 Origins. I guess I'm all set. I'll get to WW N52 #0 as soon as I can. Thanks.

Epoch Masamune

The North never forgets
Batman
Batman inc
Batman and Robin
Hawkeye
Age of Ultron
Uncanny X-Men
All New X-Men
New Avengers

Are among some of the best books I'm reading right now. There are others but I think these are my top

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Read Dark Knight Returns and the first volume of Knightfall recently.

Anyone read Kingdom Come? A friend told me it's pretty good

I was recommended Civil War. Anyone read that. Im zoned into DC right now, but I'm thinking of it later.
it's a great read. Imo it' s what Injustice's story should have been

Read Dark Knight Returns and the first volume of Knightfall recently.

Anyone read Kingdom Come? A friend told me it's pretty good
Yes, it's pretty good but I didn't enjoy it much mainly because I don't like the JSA heroes

SRP

Noob
So good comics I've read recently?
-Aquaman
-JL
-JLA
-Earth-2

The rest is too subjective.Example: I love Lobdell's Superman but the scummy CBR fans hate it.
I was with it till Hel on Earth. That story line was horrible. That said his Superman is better than his Teen Titans.

SRP

Noob
Che
It's pretty good, personally I love Green Arrow Year One.
check out the new 52 Green Arrow starting with issue 17 I believe. Really good story and don't have to read the 16 issues beforehand. Year One is awesome

SRP

Noob
any one know if any of the 4 new 52 Green Lantern comics are good
Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps are pretty good, and really continue Geoffs storylines pre new 52. So far Red Lanterns and New Guardians have been not so great. Every book is getting a new team after issue 20 though.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I was with it till Hel on Earth. That story line was horrible. That said his Superman is better than his Teen Titans.
THe only thing I didnt like about Hél on Earth was H'el himself.What a shitty character.