What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
I loved the Stephanie Brown as Batgirl run. Babs, not so much

Tony Daniels run on Detective was terrible, as is everything he writes, but it has since become pretty good

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah SB was great. I haven't really gotten into Cain so much.

Batwoman is pretty awesome too.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Superior spiderman get better and better. The dark knight comic finally got pretty good. All new xmen is just delghtful. Morbius is surprisingly good. And I got my secret wars trade paperback :) they should seriously make that into a movie.

low_kix

Noob
Yeah SB was great. I haven't really gotten into Cain so much.

Batwoman is pretty awesome too.
Greg Rucka's Batwoman stuff was a masterpiece. I've enjoyed the New 52 Bstwoman stories, but they're a little uneven. Must of the arcs drag on for too long IMO. Beautiful art though

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
I just read Saga issue #1. Wow, I'm honestly surprised I haven't started reading this series sooner. I think they're on issue 12. Definitely going to pick up the other issues now.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
I generally don't like the New 52 so I've been reading TPBs of some of my favorite stuff. Right now I'm running through Justice League International again.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Original hellboy graphic novels. Those are the shit.

Also Deadpool kills the marvel universe. Those are hilarious.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
This might be kind of late, but I'm really disappointed that Harley Qinn is getting her own series. Might check it out, because it's the same team that did Power Girl.

Supes Loves Wondy

Superman, Man of Steel, Husband of Wonder Woman <3
I read Justice League for now, and I've been reading the Trinity War JLA and JLD comics for the full story. Superman/Wonder Woman will be my permanent series when it releases, and I'll pick up other comic's issues and specials that feature them together.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Any of you guys know where to see some free comics online? Really just trying to see Blackest Night series x_x

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Got Shazam! Power of Hope yesterday. God that was a sweet and very touching story. Makes me sad about the current state of Captain Marvel in new 52. I hate that crap.

Reedoms

Noob
Got Shazam! Power of Hope yesterday. God that was a sweet and very touching story. Makes me sad about the current state of Captain Marvel in new 52. I hate that crap.
Billy's going back to his old self. He's got a chip on his shoulder sure but he still cares for his new family and does the right thing. Plus, the new Marvel Family is pretty sweet.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Billy's going back to his old self. He's got a chip on his shoulder sure but he still cares for his new family and does the right thing. Plus, the new Marvel Family is pretty sweet.
Guess I need to read a little further because I couldn't stand Billy acting like a little prick from the get go.

I heard they killed Black Adam already. Is that true?

Reedoms

Noob
Guess I need to read a little further because I couldn't stand Billy acting like a little prick from the get go.

I heard they killed Black Adam already. Is that true?
Yea, the first few issues of the backup had me pissed off because he was being an asshole but after he gets his powers him and Freddy start to bond and then he has to save his new family from Adam. He's turned to ashes right now but I'm assuming he'll be back because there are cults that worship him in Khandaq, he'll be revived or some shit.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
Yea, the first few issues of the backup had me pissed off because he was being an asshole but after he gets his powers him and Freddy start to bond and then he has to save his new family from Adam. He's turned to ashes right now but I'm assuming he'll be back because there are cults that worship him in Khandaq, he'll be revived or some shit.
God that sounds idiotic. Johns actually managed to make Adam a pretty cool character for a while there. What the hell is he doing with him now? I really hope he doesn't just end up being a stale "Bwahaha I'm evil" villain after all the headway he made.

Reedoms

Noob
God that sounds idiotic. Johns actually managed to make Adam a pretty cool character for a while there. What the hell is he doing with him now? I really hope he doesn't just end up being a stale "Bwahaha I'm evil" villain after all the headway he made.
Billy went to bury Adams ashes in Khandaq and then Trinity War happened. So Billy punched Supermans lights out then fucked off with Constantine and now he's back home I think.

haketh

Noob
The way Adam died was a bit dumb but it seemed like he was more of a dude who got corruppted by his powers, he wants to protect the world by any means necessary. He's still close to the evil side but not mustache twirling.

He's still sympathetic, to a point. Thus far, he seems about liberating the world from dictators and such. Those who abuse their power over others. But he just kills them, he thinks that's the only way. He's only had one showing though so there's a lot of room for him to grow into something more complex and deeper. I think it's an interesting place to start though, for a background.

I like this Billy a lot more, though. You're gonna tell me some kid that's been in the foster system for as long as he has is some innocent little do-gooder? Then you know jack squat about the system we have in place and the effects it's actually likely to have on a child. The whole point of him appearing assholish though is to show the inherent goodness that still remains, and how that's what wins out when it comes down to it. That's just my opinion though, of course.

Zero-Shift

B-List Hero
I like this Billy a lot more, though. You're gonna tell me some kid that's been in the foster system for as long as he has is some innocent little do-gooder? Then you know jack squat about the system we have in place and the effects it's actually likely to have on a child. The whole point of him appearing assholish though is to show the inherent goodness that still remains, and how that's what wins out when it comes down to it. That's just my opinion though, of course.
Yeah, I figured that's exactly what Johns was doing but it just doesn't sit well with me. Realistic or not I like Captain Marvel as a good kid. Maybe make him extremely introverted or something but him making an orphan girl cry really rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe I'm just fatigued. I can't seem to get into New 52 because all the characters I like seem to be either irrelevant or total dicks. Billy seemed like more of the same and one of the characters who absolutely shouldn't be that way.

Yeah, I figured that's exactly what Johns was doing but it just doesn't sit well with me. Realistic or not I like Captain Marvel as a good kid. Maybe make him extremely introverted or something but him making an orphan girl cry really rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe I'm just fatigued. I can't seem to get into New 52 because all the characters I like seem to be either irrelevant or total dicks. Billy seemed like more of the same and one of the characters who absolutely shouldn't be that way.
That's fair. I just like a more grounded kid who makes mistakes and is learning his way through them. But in all fairness, a lot of the New 52 has required patience to let itself build up steam. Especially Justice League. I love that book now but it took awhile if sticking with it to get there. But I love Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and all of them have had excellent solo books so I've been lucky.

How was Booster Gold in JLI? Did you ever read that? Supposedly the government is trying to track him down in the time stream for something?

Reedoms

Noob
How was Booster Gold in JLI? Did you ever read that? Supposedly the government is trying to track him down in the time stream for something?
JLI was a trainwreck of potential. They had most of the original cast and then decided to throw it away with cheap deaths (Rocket Red) then more cheap deaths/drama with that explosion at the conference or whatever. Then had Boosters last words before fading into the time stream be "Oh no, Wonder Woman and Superman are banging, that's bad!"