What's new

Anyone here have anxiety or depression, if so how are you coping right now?

Does anyone else here suffer from Anxiety or Depression?

• Yes I suffer from anxiety daily

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Yes I suffer depression daily

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No I don't suffer from either

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I suffer from both

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Once in a blue I get bad anxiety or bad depression

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Anxiety, not so much depression. I experienced something late in my childhood, and last year, some of you guys know about one of them, don't care to detail it again though. After that I've become incredibly mistrusting of any stranger, it's really bad. I hate to phrase it this way but it borders on xenophobia, non racial/cultural though, literally everyone. The less I've had to be around people has meant that the rare times I do get thrown into a crowd, I'm very on edge. More down time I guess though lmao

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
This feeling is the fucking worst.
I know cigarettes are bad for me, I fucking hate how they make my lungs feel like crap, but I just cannot imagine my life without them because they just make everything better. Lately the only highlights of my day have been getting to chainsmoke while drunk, cigarettes and alcohol go together like peanut butter and jelly and the first time I did this I just felt sooooooooo.. happy.

whyarewestillhere
Yeah i quit smoking weed a month ago but i cant stop smoking tabacco even in these times. Being at home all the time doesnt make it easier.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
For the record, I've been seeing different therapists on and off for about 15 or 16 years. I don't find it "necessary" to see a therapist anymore. I choose to. And I can choose not to at any time. My point is, the social stigma against mental health is ridiculous and I'd like people to speak out more.

If someone's going to be an asshole because I go to therapy, that's their weird problem and maybe they need a therapist to help them sort out their issues and priorities. shrug

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For the record, I've been seeing different therapists on and off for about 15 or 16 years. I don't find it "necessary" to see a therapist anymore. I choose to. And I can choose not to at any time. My point is, the social stigma against mental health is ridiculous and I'd like people to speak out more.

If someone's going to be an asshole because I go to therapy, that's their weird problem and maybe they need a therapist to help them sort out their issues and priorities. shrug
Absolutely man, people are dicks.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
For the record, where I live the stigma is far worse than what any of you could possibly ever imagine in the west. This is a country that is the polar opposite of individualistic, herd mentality and conformity are extremely valued, to the point where being so much as a little bit different will guarantee you'll have no friends for life. Extreme homophobia, brutal prejudice against minorities and women, and so on are all very commonplace here.
I cannot for the life of me find anyone who's genuinely willing to listen to me vent, and then still continue to be my friend, coming out of the mental illness closet is akin to.. coming out of the closet, once you do it there's no going back, might as well avoid eye contact with said person for the rest of your life, and that's ignoring the gossip that's guaranteed to add to your problems.
Just horrible, miserable place to live, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself yet, and my parents aren't willing to support me with my illness, or with leaving here, even though they have the finances.

xKMMx

Banned
I identify with every one on here that deals with anxiety and depression. I have clinical depression caused by head trauma from a time I was just jumped by three dudes who stole my truck when I was 19. For me all I need to do as far as the depression is concerned is take the 5 MG's of escitalopram Ive been prescribed to keep my serotonin level at what a normal brain would produce.
I have dealt with bouts of enormous anxiety that basically took over my life before. But for me all I have to do is maintain control of my thoughts and not allow myself to go down rabbit holes that lead me to panic.
I am personally a believer in my higher power and know that Im only able to do what I can do and He will handle the things I cant in any situation. I don't imagine a lot of you guys will identify with that or believe in the same as me but that's what works for me,
Time after time its proven out that 90 percent of the things I used to get myself all worked up about never come to pass and even when things don't go the way I want them to I always end up in a better place than I would have had I been able to take full control of the situation.
I have empathy for anyone out there that hasn't found what works for them to get control of their anxiety and depression because I have experienced the hell of both.
The best thing I can advise anyone who believes in God to do is trust him and know that there is an end to all of this, God has never promised problem free lives for any one and we all experience adversity, injustice, and even tragedy guaranteed whether we believe or not.
For those that don't I'd advise finding ONE and ONLY ONE source of information that you trust to be accurate with regard to this corona virus and stay the HELL away from inundating yourselves with information from mul;tiple sources. Media has a vested interest in keeping you scared shitless so don't expect them to ever reassure you.
THis Fauci guy is 100 percent the top guy in infectious diseases and he is NOT a TRUMP guy. He is a straight shooter and non partisan as he has served both democratic and republican presidents. Any "expert" that says anything that isn't lining up with what he says is just bullshit in my opinion so I just read his statements everyday for updates and ignore all media hysterics.
Hope all you guys are doing okay and find a way to not be tortured by this situation due to your conditions.

xKMMx

Banned
For the record, where I live the stigma is far worse than what any of you could possibly ever imagine in the west. This is a country that is the polar opposite of individualistic, herd mentality and conformity are extremely valued, to the point where being so much as a little bit different will guarantee you'll have no friends for life. Extreme homophobia, brutal prejudice against minorities and women, and so on are all very commonplace here.
I cannot for the life of me find anyone who's genuinely willing to listen to me vent, and then still continue to be my friend, coming out of the mental illness closet is akin to.. coming out of the closet, once you do it there's no going back, might as well avoid eye contact with said person for the rest of your life, and that's ignoring the gossip that's guaranteed to add to your problems.
Just horrible, miserable place to live, I'm surprised I haven't killed myself yet, and my parents aren't willing to support me with my illness, or with leaving here, even though they have the finances.
Im sorry to hear that man. I hope places like this are good for you to find an outlet for your independent thinking.

Hemlock

Noob
Sorry to hear that - can't imagine that situation. One thought, like you are doing now, is reaching out for support online, in lieu of in-person support. You're always free to message me!

Agreed. If you broke your leg, nobody would say, "Oh just walk it off" - but for some reason "get over it" is a common response to another's depression.

Good for you for staying involved in therapy. Same here. I don't find it "necessary" either, but I think of it like going to the gym. I'm in good shape, and I go to the gym to ensure I STAY in good shape. Physical and mental health maintenance are not dissimilar!

xKMMx

Banned
Its insane to me that some people don't realize that some depression is a medical condition caused by chemical imbalance in the brain.
The idea that a person with a malfunctioning brain should be able to just "get over it" or "cheer up" and feel 100 percent okay is ridiculous.
That said some people that have perfectly functioning brains do cause a lot of their own grief by focusing on negativity and ways of thinking that make them depressed.
But that's not every person that deals with these true medical conditions.

Hemlock

Noob
Yeah, I think there is a lot of confusion between being "sad" and "experiencing the condition of Depression with a capital D" - not to mention what you described about self-destructive patterns of thinking.

The brain is complicated!

E

Eldriken

People who don't understand depression make it seem like this person, or people, are making the fucking choice to feel miserable. WHY? WHY would someone WANT to make themselves feel like that if they had the choice? I've even asked people this before and they can't give a straight answer. It's like they're willfully being ignorant just so they can have a reason to dislike something despite them looking like an asshole.

I personally never thought depression was a myth, but I sure as Hell don't understand it as well as I do now after meeting my wife. She's been battling with it since she was younger and it's not something to be taken lightly, especially if it's crippling.

Let these naysayers battle crippling anxiety and/or depression for a week. A WEEK. Bet some of them would change their tune.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I don't mind sharing my diagnoses necessarily. It's situational and depends on the person or people i'm with. If someone dislikes me because of a stigma against me taking care of my mental health, I don't want to even know them. They can keep that stigma shit to themselves. I'm good without em. Therapy was really good for me developing boundaries.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I read and hear stories about drugs, drinking and smoking that's enough to keep me away. I'm straight edge, some friends have teased me in the past but came to respect it as it's not easy that people are straightedge. For me it's not an issue, for others however well not always the case. My friend loves to drink but stopped as often once he had his first kid and a family to feed now being the only on working atm.

One of my past jobs, I had a boss who happened to go to the same high school as me but he was abou 5 years older so I didn't see him at the same time in my school. His dad died young and was super depressed, messed up from it so he turned to drugs, drinking, smoking everything imaginable he told me til one day he nearly died passed out in his own vomit he realized that was a wake up call and stopped everything cold turkey, the docs said he was lucky someone found him and that he almost died from OD. That was the turning point in his life and used to tell me, I stopped cold turkey except for cigs. He didn't even drink anymore said never do drugs, as bad as things get they'll only make things worse inevitably. He left that job long before I did, moved to NJ had a kid with his wife and was a manager at a costco food court last I heard. This was like 10 years ago or so.

I have been diagnosed with depression, anxiety and ocd by my psychiatrist. It's been a tiring battle I've been fighting for years.
OCD I think everyone has this to some degree, with some people it can be an issue but a lot of us usually it's mild or with something even sillier at times. Like my mom has to have the table in the kitchen a certain way, if I move it or anyone does slightly she'll notice and rant about it lol. But then there's people like my aunt one of them, who is a neat, clean freak. She's sick now so she has help but when she was younger, she wouldn't let people in the house with shoes if so had to be left on the rug, not even touching the floor. Like she had a specific rug for them, should wouldn't let anyone upstairs in the house, only the basement, if there's a smudge on the glass table she'd notice and have to get windex to make sure it was crystal clear etc.

But yeah, the other ones are unfortunate. I was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder by my doctor, he recommended I talk to someone but I haven't done that yet. Thankfully the depression I can handle, even thought that sucks too for me the anxiety is far worse for me.

MKF30

If the anxiety or the depression are caused by "physical" reasons, like, lack of some hormone and so on....you have to treat that going to the doctor and maybe, using medication.

BUT, the majority of cases are induced by the world we live in, and the system we live in. Listen to how many "we have too's" we come across during our lives. "You have to be succesful, you have to be smart, you have to have a family and kids, you have to grow your status and reputation, people need to like you, me me me me me I I I I I..."....everything is propaganda and induced since you are born, so, if you are anxious you become veeery anxious and depressed, and if you are not, you receive a lot of invitations, and depending on how you see you and life, you become depressed.

There is a lot of ego and self centeredness involved too. When you look at thw world and understand what it is, and how impermanent things are (including you) and how much suffering people endure.....and the opposite too, which is: art, poetry, nature, beauty, love, compassion....there are a lot to enjoy and learn here....after seeing all that depression becomes bearable, and you deal with your mind telling you incoherent shit.
Yeah sometimes hormones can play a role. In my case it's the opposite, the anxiety which is purely mental causes physical harm or discomfort having anxiety or panic attacks...it's amazing how much the mind can affect you physically. Life's cards we are dealt definitely play a role, whether we're apart of that ourselves or whether we're just lucky or not so lucky. Everyone is different, I mean look at celebrities kids, who get singing jobs and acting gigs because their mommy and daddy are stars. I never got their anxieties compared to normal people, it definitely ain't money that's for sure. They turn to drugs or something and the media gossip people try to make you feel sorry for them. Not to sound like I lack empathy or anything, I just read stories like "Miley Cyrus has a rough time, transitioning into fame blah, blah, blah" then you see a video of her spreading her legs. Yeah, that's someone really anxious right there...

MKF30

@xKMMx yeah Fauci can be a tad overdramatic sometimes but that's just his personality but he does tell it how it is, he's a president's guy I'd say. He's been the go to doctor for the past 4 presidents IIRC. Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton.

I watched the Interview with him and dr Mike. Dr Mike today uploaded a very helpful video on how to cope with all the hysteria one of them was don't watch the news as they love to scare people most of the time all doom and gloom. That's bad for people with anxiety especially.

Yeah sometimes hormones can play a role. In my case it's the opposite, the anxiety which is purely mental causes physical harm or discomfort having anxiety or panic attacks...it's amazing how much the mind can affect you physically. Life's cards we are dealt definitely play a role, whether we're apart of that ourselves or whether we're just lucky or not so lucky. Everyone is different, I mean look at celebrities kids, who get singing jobs and acting gigs because their mommy and daddy are stars. I never got their anxieties compared to normal people, it definitely ain't money that's for sure. They turn to drugs or something and the media gossip people try to make you feel sorry for them. Not to sound like I lack empathy or anything, I just read stories like "Miley Cyrus has a rough time, transitioning into fame blah, blah, blah" then you see a video of her spreading her legs. Yeah, that's someone really anxious right there...
its complex, but it is not, at the same time.

If we act coherently according to what life is, and if we enjoy the goods and understand the mind traps and false beliefs imbedded in your culture....it gets better.

MKF30

its complex, but it is not, at the same time.

If we act coherently according to what life is, and if we enjoy the goods and understand the mind traps and false beliefs imbedded in your culture....it gets better.
Depends on the person, I mean I've had years of feeling good then boom hits me If i run into a stressful situation or even if I play mk 11 kombat league which is highly stress inducing, anger and anxiety inducing. Pretty much anything that's intense can trigger the bad anxiety but thankfully the meds help. Especially now days with everyone in, and concerned about going out and all. I've noticed the. News makes it worse does people so I don't watch any more they love to sensationalize everything.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Not so good, I just keep going. I wish I had better answers.
Be sure to get plenty of air, even if just outside your front door.

since before the quarantine happend plus all the other shit happening to me. i stopped working out for about 5-6 months now. I lost a lot of muscles and im going on the skinny fat side that shit depressed the fuck out of me. i saw a picture of me about a year ago when my life was easier and i was huge not super low bf but big and strong more happy than im now. its crazy how a good depression and break up can make you lose weight faster than anything els.

MKF30

since before the quarantine happend plus all the other shit happening to me. i stopped working out for about 5-6 months now. I lost a lot of muscles and im going on the skinny fat side that shit depressed the fuck out of me. i saw a picture of me about a year ago when my life was easier and i was huge not super low bf but big and strong more happy than im now. its crazy how a good depression and break up can make you lose weight faster than anything els.
Yeah I hear alot of gym buffs are going nuts. Sorry to hear that. I just walk around the block a few times a week or when it's nice and I have a few dumbbells and my iron gym. I like doing pull ups and push ups with it. Also low boyfriend? Whats that? Or if stand for something else?

Yeah I hear alot of gym buffs are going nuts. Sorry to hear that. I just walk around the block a few times a week or when it's nice and I have a few dumbbells and my iron gym. I like doing pull ups and push ups with it. Also low boyfriend? Whats that? Or if stand for something else?
bodyfat. not boyfriend