What's new

Question - Leatherface Anyone else eating their words?

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Spawn would fit perfectly in the MK universe. He comes from another rated-M universe, so it's all good for people to be doing fatalities on him and him doing fatalities on others. Plus he has a tons of cool powers, you could easily make many variations of Spawn with all the variations being unique in their own way and awesome
Exactly. If anyone who actually read the comics and stop pretending they did just because they want to justify Leatherface position in the game, would know all this. I could take hours about Spawn. He was at one point my favorite comic book character until the creative direction in the past 5 years have shifted. Todd Mcfarlane doesn't really doesn't work on it much, and Greg Capullo no longer does the art. There are tons of other cool characters you could have put in that fits the game. I rather have a Soldier from Hell who was an assassin before he died in instead of a Backwoods pregnant psycho butcher.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
true, but adding them didn't mean leaving out other characters. In like MK2 and 3, adding the new characters like baraka, kabal, mileena, etc didn't mean leaving out anyone from MK1. Adding new characters and replacing established characters is quite a bit different.
Yes they did. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sly Stallone, and Wesley Snipes were very big at the time.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The Leatherface vs Jason gimmick and Alien vs Predator gimmick is the big deal for casuals. The typical person would be more attracted to MK if they had characters like that, it makes for better publicity. What sounds more interesting as a headline from an extremely casual standpoint? "Alien vs Predator and Leatherface vs Jason Vorhees in Mortal Kombat X" or "Fujin is now playable in MKX" which would bring more casuals back and make them buy KP2 or jump in for the first time in MKX? It should be obvious even for the most stubborn of you.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The Leatherface vs Jason gimmick and Alien vs Predator gimmick is the big deal for casuals. The typical person would be more attracted to MK if they had characters like that, it makes for better publicity. What sounds more interesting as a headline from an extremely casual standpoint? "Alien vs Predator and Leatherface vs Jason Vorhees in Mortal Kombat X" or "Fujin is now playable in MKX" which would bring more casuals back and make them buy KP2 or jump in for the first time in MKX? It should be obvious even for the most stubborn of you.
Plus, Fujin could make Bo Rai Cho smell his own farts.

haketh

Noob
Would I be hype if Reiko, Sheeva, Baraka, or Havik made it in? Hell yeah

But we didn't get any of them & leatherface looks fucking tight so I'm in

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
Those of you who havent seen the Texas Chain saw massacre really cant comment on how crazy, strong, demented and tough LF can be.
1. he was basically tortured ,physically and verbal abused by his family
2. he worked at a slaughter house where he was the guy that slaughtered cows with 1 SWING OF A HAMMER and was also abused and picked on by co workers
3. His family brought people home so LF could butcher them and they ate those people and also "hacked them up for BBQ meat they sold in there little gas station"
4. the dude is young, and extremely strong like most big retards are somehow unnaturally stronger than the average human
5. He wears the faces to hide his ugliness..he thinks wearing the faces makes him more presentable to his family , the family that has shunned him and locked him in the basement because he is just hideous and embarrassing.
6 LF can be just as strong as Jax, ERRON BLACK, Sonya, Jacqui, and all the other average human characters from Earth realm.

Jus saying

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why does the discussion on whether or not people have been sold on Leatherface in MKX have to go to "lol mk lore/chars are stupid anyway, stay salty" ? Like, out of all the things you could possibly say to someone that might be overreacting to this inclusion, you'd just go ahead and say mk lore is silly or certain characters are dumb/on the same level as Leatherface? Yeah, that works on the Fujin fan, tell him Fujin is a dumb character that lacks in character development and story. I'm sure the Fujin fan will then side with you and cease being salty ASAP. Just tell the Noob fan that the lore is a jumbled mess and that he's salty, he's sure to be one of the first few people to buy the character. Clearly there's a reason that person wants that specific character, it's because they like the character. Lol mk sucks anyway, just deal with Leatherface or don't buy him, who honestly wanted "x mk char not in MKX" on the Netherrealm Studios-oriented forum, featuring players from all skill levels that like MK. That makes all the possible sense in the world. Lemme go on Dustloop and talk about how stupid of a character Dizzy is from A lore perspective, I'm sure that'll go swimmingly. Shitting on someone's taste isn't going help at all. The don't buy him thing is whack too, because people are going to play him online, people will for sure play him at local gatherings when he releases and we are definitely going to see him at big tournaments like CEO, especially if he's a strong character. Not buying him at any level of seriousness becomes a disadvantage, because you won't be able to look at how to effectively deal with him. I didn't buy MMH in IGAU because I didn't like him. I then had to ask people with him to test stuff for me like all the time, that sucked. The only people that are truly unaffected by this inclusion are the people that play MKX for like 5 minutes every other month. You can try and soften the blow for the diehards and reason with them, that's totally fine. Don't tell the person wanting Shang Tsung that mk's lore is a joke and that Shang is whack.
If you're competitive,you don't need to buy Leatherface. Either play someone in your scene, a friend online, or use online training mode.

In fact, one of our local players doesn't own the game or console, yet beat guys like Digit and Hruza Da Bruza in his pool at KiT. How? By training with people in his scene.

It's definitely possible.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I honestly can't see leatherface's design being any more boring, bland, etc... in terms of aesthetics and gameplay than jacqui, tanya, or kung jin. Now I really like kung Jin in terms of mechanics but lets not act like these characters are so much more gripping and cool than leatherface.
Jacqui- super boring design and she's Jax's daughter. Wow.
Tanya- typical stuck up self serving character with awful mechanics. Awesome.
KJ- a third Shaolin type character made gay just to differentiate him from other characters. Nice.
I don't hate these characters but lets not say leatherface is even close to being the worst. Point is people like leatherface. Deal with it. People also like jacqui, KJ, and tanya so I can deal with that.

I honestly can't see leatherface's design being any more boring, bland, etc... in terms of aesthetics and gameplay than jacqui, tanya, or kung jin. Now I really like kung Jin in terms of mechanics but lets not act like these characters are so much more gripping and cool than leatherface.
Jacqui- super boring design and she's Jax's daughter. Wow.
Tanya- typical stuck up self serving character with awful mechanics. Awesome.
KJ- a third Shaolin type character made gay just to differentiate him from other characters. Nice.
I don't hate these characters but lets not say leatherface is even close to being the worst. Point is people like leatherface. Deal with it. People also like jacqui, KJ, and tanya so I can deal with that.
Lmao, get the fuck out. How are Tanya's mechanics awful???? I'll give you Jaqcui, her design is trash. Tanya has one Of the best designs in the game. Her character is great as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Lmao, get the fuck out. How are Tanya's mechanics awful???? I'll give you Jaqcui, her design is trash. Tanya has one Of the best designs in the game. Her character is great as well.
Yeah who likes Tanya's mechanics other than people who like Kobu being top tier, nobody plays it for fun, nobody likes to watch it. Tanya's design is unique with the eyes but just seems bland and less detailed compared to Scorpion, D'Vorah, Kitana, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Ermac, etc... Not bad but not really noteworthy. She doesn't have that "wow" factor that someone like GORO has.

Yeah who likes Tanya's mechanics other than people who like Kobu being top tier, nobody plays it for fun, nobody likes to watch it. Tanya's design is unique with the eyes but just seems bland and less detailed compared to Scorpion, D'Vorah, Kitana, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Ermac, etc... Not bad but not really noteworthy. She doesn't have that "wow" factor that someone like GORO has.
I hate Dragon Naginata with a passion. I play Pyro <3 and Kobu because its good AND because I find it go be very fun. Her costume alone is one of the best in the game. I love her personality, but that's just me. Haters will hate hate.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Its insane how fast Leatherface fans quickly started to win this war.
Most of the time (MOST of the time. Not always) we have legit responses about how its just a game, if you dont want him dont play him, and have some what mature responses.
While MOST (I said most) Leatherface haters just call him-
Waste of space
Garbage
Trash
Not original
so on.
And they use the same arguments.
Can we ALL just stop fighting?
Its one character out of a 30+ roster.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I just want people to stop fighting lmao. But its never going to stop. I can already see the future.
I pick Leatherface online
Guy on mic complains about him being in the game
I win
He complains its because LF is broken and a waste of space.
If you dont want him thats fine, but dont dedicate your whole time on TYM complaining about him. Ya know?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I just want people to stop fighting lmao. But its never going to stop. I can already see the future.
I win
If you dont want him thats fine, but dont dedicate your whole time on TYM complaining about him. Ya know?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I win
I personally love that so many people are outraged by leatherface. It makes me that much more motivated to level up with him and troll the shit out of people. I am chomping at the bit to make people rage quit with fast command grabs,
Unblockable chainsaws, and 'jump bop' shenanigans. I pray he is top tier. I will put in the hours either way. Grandmaster and hellfire fanboys are getting trolled hard. I'm legitimately pumped.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I personally love that so many people are outraged by leatherface. It makes me that much more motivated to level up with him and troll the shit out of people. I am chomping at the bit to make people rage quit with fast command grabs,
Unblockable chainsaws, and 'jump bop' shenanigans. I pray he is top tier. I will put in the hours either way. Grandmaster and hellfire fanboys are getting trolled hard. I'm legitimately pumped.
This is true. I am dedicating MANY hours to learning this character, and I will study all of his matchups. I cannot stop thinking about it. And I pray he is top tier. I cannot wait to start going to tourneys with him as well. I have fun with every MK game and have fun with the characters I use now (Brawler Cassie and Unstoppable Jason) but playing as a cannibal that wears a skin mask with a chainsaw in a MK game? That just makes me beyond happy. Would I have put a MK character over him? Yea. But oh well what's done is done.