What's new

Question Anybody know of some PC mods for MK9?

Yes i read last night that the bosses were now playable.. The classic jade, reptile, smoke etc.. are the hidden fighters that you fight against in ladder mode when you make a certain amount of perfects on the regular fighters..
Do you think tetzrep could help with breaking this game apart?

dukemagus

THE Duke
say... which file has the UI graphical elements?

as incompetent as i may be, might as well try to replace xbox control's button icons for playstation ones myself.

say... which file has the UI graphical elements?

as incompetent as i may be, might as well try to replace xbox control's button icons for playstation ones myself.

I think they are located in ui_o_main.xxx, ui_o_main_n.xxx, ui_o_mainmenu.xxx or ui_o_mainmenu_n.xxx OR ui_s_controllerSelect.xxx

He's already onto it and he doesn't even have the game yet lol.

I think he is porting over all his ps3 mods.
Lol sweet, I'm glad that this port has been out for a week and people are already all over modding it, my current dream is to unpack the .xxx files and actually edit their contents within UDK. I unpacked a few characters and it's frustrating because it's all there, everything that makes up a character from the skeletal mesh, particle fx, textures is all there, but you can't import any of it into UDK. I'm not too familiar with how they cook certain packages and whatnot with the new unreal engine, but it'd be so cool to mess with the actual mechanics of the game and characters. Hex editing and whatnot is cool and all but it's so limited. But maybe what I'm speaking of is way too difficult for the time being, I've no clue what I'm saying lol

hazzu84

Noob
PC .xxx files are not the same as PS3. They are in Little Endian and compressed (little encrypted) like the .ini.
Not very easy to just port the files from PS3

EDIT: The reason they could easily mod the PS3 version is because it is totally open. no "protection" of any kind. PC is different.

But work is on.

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
I messed around with some textures these past few days and it seems to me like whenever you change color on the default costume, it automatically changes the same parts on the alt color version (P2 version) of the same costume. To make myself clearer:

Sonya has 2 default costumes (long pants and short pants) + 2 alt color versions (P2 versions) of those two costumes. The default and alt color versions of her primary costume (long pants) are so similar that it's hard to tell them apart. I wanted to change the color of just the default one, but it automatically changed the same parts of the costume in the alt color version.

Is it possible somehow to separate the default and alt color versions of the same costume and edit them separately?

Thane

Noob
I've been working on nude mods. Thanks to this thread I learned how to import/export the textures into the game. Prob is the costumes always seem to stay on top to some extent. looks like they are wearing see through clothing. can't wait for the .xxx packer to get made. I'm guessing some clothing is part of the models and some is in.mat files depending on character?

Thane

Noob
I messed around with some textures these past few days and it seems to me like whenever you change color on the default costume, it automatically changes the same parts on the alt color version (P2 version) of the same costume. To make myself clearer:

Sonya has 2 default costumes (long pants and short pants) + 2 alt color versions (P2 versions) of those two costumes. The default and alt color versions of her primary costume (long pants) are so similar that it's hard to tell them apart. I wanted to change the color of just the default one, but it automatically changed the same parts of the costume in the alt color version.

Is it possible somehow to separate the default and alt color versions of the same costume and edit them separately?
I don't think so. there seems to be some kind of overlay coded in for the p2 alt versions. i'm prob wrong though :p

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm guessing some clothing is part of the models and some is in.mat files depending on character?
This is true for bot the xbox and ps3 version. Tetzrep already did a nude mod for all the ladies and i tried to release it on this site but it wasn't safe for work lol.

Can send you some pics if you like..

Thane

Noob
This is true for bot the xbox and ps3 version. Tetzrep already did a nude mod for all the ladies and i tried to release it on this site but it wasn't safe for work lol.

Can send you some pics if you like..
Good to know for sure thats how they are putting the chars together. i saw the pics of the mod you speak of. It makes sense now why some of them are only bottomless since the top halfs are more than just skins.

I'm thinking the MK2 skin would be perfect for them all since the outfit wouldnt require you to edit the model. From working with it it seems to just be some .mat file overlaying the parts with the costume. other than that i got her totally see through right now

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Good to know for sure thats how they are putting the chars together. i saw the pics of the mod you speak of. It makes sense now why some of them are only bottomless since the top halfs are more than just skins.

I'm thinking the MK2 skin would be perfect for them all since the outfit wouldnt require you to edit the model. From working with it it seems to just be some .mat file overlaying the parts with the costume. other than that i got her totally see through right now
I think you might be referring to different mods. The ones i have are all upper body mods on what looks like mk2 skins..

Ill send you a pm with the pics..

Thane

Noob
I think you might be referring to different mods. The ones i have are all upper body mods on what looks like mk2 skins..

Ill send you a pm with the pics..
Yeah I was. Those are great lol. thanks for showing me :) I guess I will work on a different project with the skins for now then since I am quite satisfied with the ones already in existance.

Hi.

anyone having trouble with .xxx repack? I did a ton of work and now I get .NET error. JIT debugger pops up right after I select the ExportTable.txt. It doesn't rebuild.

Tried in VMWare, also error. I see it is .NET 2.0 so I don't know why I am getting the error... anyway, if anyone encountered this, please help.

Thx.

.NET errors are a total pain in the dick bud. Last time I was getting them, I had to reformat my HDD :(

Before going to that extreme though, you should try performing a clean install of the latest .NET firmware

@Sasuga
lol! That's a classic. "Where's yo face, brah?" :D

Question:
Anyone know the complete finisher commands for the three bosses? I can't find Kahn's stage Fat or Kintaro's Stage or Bab...