What's new

Question Any one think that Doomsday needs buffs ?

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I dunno, it takes something special to be able punch somebody through the earth when you're fighting on a space station or wherever the Fortress of Solitude is.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I dunno, it takes something special to be able punch somebody through the earth when you're fighting on a space station or wherever the Fortress of Solitude is.
Yes, fix this so he punches them through whole planetary systems first and then enters earth's atmosphere, goes down through the core then punches them all the way back the way he came. This should be a special stage specific thing for Doomsday. If this happens, the Doomsday wins the whole set regardless of score prior to it.

The TYM collective baffles me sometimes. How can a player actually believe Doomsday needs buffs?

Here are the results from two recent Injustice tournaments. Your claims are erroneous, unfounded, and exceptionally whiny. Get into the lab and practice more instead of complaining about problems that don't exist. He's already made Top 8 at two of the biggest events for Injustice thus far. Keep your shock and awe tucked away for things that are ACTUALLY astonishing, because Doomsday being good isn't one of them. /thread

Civil War V Results

Injustice: Gods Among Us

1. OBS EMP REO
2. EMP Tom Brady
3. AGE NYChrisG
4. PTH Mr Aquaman
5. Killanator (DOOMSDAY)
5. TS Sabin
7. MH Alukard
7. TS Nerd Josh

Wednesday Night Fights Results
1. EGP|Tyrant (Solomon Grundy)
2. EGP|Wonderchief (Aquaman)
3. EG|Justin Wong (Batman)
4. EG|Floe (Green Lantern)
5. EGP|Awesomo (Black Adam)
5. EGP|Red Reaper (Superman)
7. ATP|Aris (Deathstroke)
7. Roman (DOOMSDAY)[/quote

these are def not majors like i said ....

Doomsday is fine. He has a few slightly unfavorable matchups, but nothing unwinnable and he handles everyone else just fine.

He's not top, but definitely high-mid tier IMO.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Doomsday needs armour on all his normals, cause being armoured and advantage everywhere else isn't enough. Also needs a 3 hit shoulder charge.
BUFF DOOMSDAY!

Diving boner needs a bigger hitbox.

But seriously, compare doomsday to most of the cast, he takes minimal effort to do a shit tonne of damage, usually unclashable too if you play your cards right.

Zoning won't stop him, the best answer I've found for him so far is to doomsday him back, if you have frame traps, abuse them on him.
Exactly how I fight him. If you aren't bullrushing him, he's bullrushing you.

- DoomsDay
He will get worse as time goes on. Right now his dominance is mostly all gimmicks (even I still fall for them and am not used to shutting them down, yet) that are not truly effective against players who will have a ton of experience under their belt. I predict a year from now DoomsDay will become the Nightwolf of the game and move down to low-mid. He will be hot for the first few months, but he will steadily decline. I feel bad for all you DoomsDay players who aren't rioting for buffs to get them while you can. His splash is something he really needed. I don't care if it had a phantom hitbox on it, some other moves in the game have the same thing yet they're still in. " Reo

Crazy reo posted this today ( yesterday ) and no one flamed him ... i mean its obvious his name holds weight (reo's) but I dont need two people to tell me that my house is on fire ... ya know ?

cyke_out

Noob
Crazy reo posted this today ( yesterday ) and no one flamed him ... i mean its obvious his name holds weight (reo's) but I dont need two people to tell me that my house is on fire ... ya know ?
It's his prediction, and while his name holds wait. I feel like nothing should be nerfed and buffed based off of a prediction, only off of actual facts and gameplay. At the moment, none of the facts show that Doomsday needs to be buffed. If in a few months, Reo's forecasting holds true, then we will have something to discuss.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
He said low-mid and gimmicky. You're acting like he's total trash.

Still viable.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I've been saying this for a while. Once people stop freaking and play smart DD is hitting sheeva tier.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A few days ago, me and some TYM members where on a stream where a Dumbsday was destroying all, he doesn't need buffs lol.

Dizz_88

Noob
Doomsday needs a nerf. His dash should be more punishable on block. I'm not sure if this is a troll thread but if its a serious one, then the down playing needs to stop. Your not going to get your character buff by downplaying.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Hmm... does injustice have a replay feature like AE? It would be nice for players to be able to record and upload vidoes of themselves playing

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
week 1, people were baffled how to beat him, week 2 people are baffled how to win tough match ups with him. Lets at least give it a month to see how this plays out.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
week 1, people were baffled how to beat him, week 2 people are baffled how to win tough match ups with him. Lets at least give it a month to see how this plays out.
I need to find these good players that you speak of
I play Doomsday and I lose maybe 1 match per hour... People still feel pretty free to DD.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I need to find these good players that you speak of
I play Doomsday and I lose maybe 1 match per hour... People still feel pretty free to DD.
if people would play a little more defensively instead of going automatically into wake up attacks, jump ins and trying their same set up's over and over, His trait is great but as long as you aren't in a corner you can play keep away too when it's activated. I'm not trying to downplay him. He's a great character and easy to play I just think people are fighting him wrong most people don't know the match up or what he can do really yet. Like timing on earthshake to block it, knowing when to counter enhanced venom ect. He's good but he seems to rely A LOT on meter and special moves to do any damage. This game is super new still, so having someone seem strong because they have great specials definitely makes him stand out as above average right now. But that's just my opinion I may be way off. I dunno I'm pretty new to this game too.

Anyways my main point was, he's not broken but he certainly doesn't need buffs, people need to learn the match before we ask for this shit.

SoVi3t

Noob
While I do agree he needs buffs, any buffs I would give him would be minor. His normals could use a bit more speed, and I'd like to see parries not affect him while he has his trait active.

Anything else is overkill