What's new

Question Any one think that Doomsday needs buffs ?

I mean nearly every special he does is back 3 punishable ... you can knock him out of his trail easily ... his damage is low compared to bane and grundy ... he has no low starters (Im not including a funky d1) no projectiles ... his overhead is ok ... I believe everyone initially freaked out because no one knew how to fight him but maybe he doesnt need it just would like to hear feedback

Yea I agree. He is so garbage tier. His corner game is useless, especially with his trait active. His D1~into overhead low special can be fuzzy guarded with your eyes closed and while drunk, and if he starts mixing it up with D3 untechable knockdowns and into throws and supernovas and all his other garbage strings, especially his 7 percent chip damaging string and his overheads, it gets blown up so easily as well. His supernova dive bomb is so garbage. I mean, it only requires meter to blowup or else it has to be dashed on reaction. His dashing speed is so terrible, poor guy can get zoned out so easily. The character is just so garbage, poor him.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea I agree. He is so garbage tier. His corner game is useless, especially with his trait active. His D1~into overhead low special can be fuzzy guarded with your eyes closed and while drunk, and if he starts mixing it up with D3 untechable knockdowns and into throws and supernovas and all his other garbage strings, especially his 7 percent chip damaging string and his overheads, it gets blown up so easily as well. His supernova dive bomb is so garbage. I mean, it only requires meter to blowup or else it has to be dashed on reaction. His dashing speed is so terrible, poor guy can get zoned out so easily. The character is just so garbage, poor him.
Godlike. Gold star for you sir.

i expected sarcasm but ... people will see he wont be picked in tourney play in few a months , who wouldn't waste meter to punish his supernova ? ...its usually punished when he uses meter its a win win for the person who's punishing it... you get a full b3 combo and he loses his meter ... dont get me wrong his down 3 setups are pretty rad but if your solely depending on that chances are your not going to win against any zoning ...

i expected sarcasm but ... people will see he wont be picked in tourney play in few a months , who wouldn't waste meter to punish his supernova ? ...its usually punished when he uses meter its a win win for the person who's punishing it... you get a full b3 combo and he loses his meter ... dont get me wrong his down 3 setups are pretty rad but if your solely depending on that chances are your not going to win against any zoning ...
Doomsday eats zoners for breakfast man. He can put someone in the corner in a matter of seconds, especially keepaway characters with bad recovery on their projectiles. He has other tools as well. He's a nightmare to deal with if you get knocked down. He's not a combo character, he seriously doesn't need high damaging combos with the mixups and pressure he has. His overhead-low stomp special can also be meter burned and it turns into a low. His tackle corners opponents easily and if you meter burn it and they block, you're plus and it turns into a nightmarish mixup game for them to deal with. You can't even jump at this character, he has the uptackle and the anti air grab. His D3 body splash has a huge hitbox and he can cross you up with it for free as well. This character is a powerhouse man. He has all the tools needed to compete. Your main focus with him shouldn't be "combos".

I wouldn't say that he needs buffs.

I WOULD say that he is really good while people are ignorant of what to do against him, and in time, when people learn the matchup, his effectiveness will go down.

gotta love these kinds of threads

no i don't think he does. nor do i think you, me, or anyone for that matter is qualified to say anyone needs anything when the game just came out.

cyke_out

Noob
If you throw a naked a supernova, you deserve every damage the opponent does to you. React to a projectile, or a jump and then supernova.

If the opponent is standing still waiting for you to supernova, then just walk/dash forward and get close to him for free. DD makes people afraid to push buttons, his anti-air's are very good, so jumping into him is risky. His dash is amazingly fast, his jumping d3 is godlike, even if they lower the hit box, It'll still be one of the best jump in attacks in the game.

He can deal 38% mid screen with one bar, that is not exactly low damage. he can push people to the corner easily and thanks to his trait and useful anti-airs, getting out of the corner vs him is an up-hill battle.

Doomsday doesn't need a buff, but maybe you do.

Eshi

Noob
holy shit, people can punish his fullscreen homing special iff they're not doing something and he doesn't have trait up. worst character in the game GGWP

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Doomsday needs armour on all his normals, cause being armoured and advantage everywhere else isn't enough. Also needs a 3 hit shoulder charge.
BUFF DOOMSDAY!

Diving boner needs a bigger hitbox.

But seriously, compare doomsday to most of the cast, he takes minimal effort to do a shit tonne of damage, usually unclashable too if you play your cards right.

Zoning won't stop him, the best answer I've found for him so far is to doomsday him back, if you have frame traps, abuse them on him.

Doomsday eats zoners for breakfast man. He can put someone in the corner in a matter of seconds, especially keepaway characters with bad recovery on their projectiles. He has other tools as well. He's a nightmare to deal with if you get knocked down. He's not a combo character, he seriously doesn't need high damaging combos with the mixups and pressure he has. His overhead-low stomp special can also be meter burned and it turns into a low. His tackle corners opponents easily and if you meter burn it and they block, you're plus and it turns into a nightmarish mixup game for them to deal with. You can't even jump at this character, he has the uptackle and the anti air grab. His D3 body splash has a huge hitbox and he can cross you up with it for free as well. This character is a powerhouse man. He has all the tools needed to compete. Your main focus with him shouldn't be "combos".
You can dash under his supernova or decide to fully combo it if you have meter (your choice ) he can be knocked out of his supernova before going up ... he can be shot out of it upon coming down ... if you cant block jd3 then you shouldn't be in this thread ...his tackle is a blessing in disguise becaue it gives you room to breath , his down three is -8 he cant even poke with the likes of a nightwing or cyborg .. sinestro destroys this character i believe green arrow does too you can back dash his uptackle for a full combo ... the amount of risk that goes into reward is sometime idiotic , I just think his fullscreen options will not get you far and will be shocked to see a doomsday enter top 8 at any major ... i heard reo pl and brady speak on how punishable he was and seen no major arguments .... i just wondered if anyone thought he may need any buffs in the future

You can dash under his supernova or decide to fully combo it if you have meter (your choice ) he can be knocked out of his supernova before going up ... he can be shot out of it upon coming down ... if you cant block jd3 then you shouldn't be in this thread ...his tackle is blessing in disguise becaue it gives you room to breath , his down three is -8 he cant even poke with the likes of a nightwing or cyborg .. sinestro destroys this character i believe green arrow does too you can back dash his uptackle for a full combo ... the amount of risk that goes into reward is sometime idiotic , I just think his fullscreen options will not get you far and will be shocked to see a doomsday enter top 8 at any major
I never mentioned anything about blocking a D3, I was praising the size of it's hitbox and how he can crossup people easily with it. I guess you're hellbent on downplaying your character, thats fine, whatever tickles your pickle man.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You can dash under his supernova or decide to fully combo it if you have meter (your choice ) he can be knocked out of his supernova before going up ... he can be shot out of it upon coming down ... if you cant block jd3 then you shouldn't be in this thread ...his tackle is blessing in disguise becaue it gives you room to breath , his down three is -8 he cant even poke with the likes of a nightwing or cyborg .. sinestro destroys this character i believe green arrow does too you can back dash his uptackle for a full combo ... the amount of risk that goes into reward is sometime idiotic , I just think his fullscreen options will not get you far and will be shocked to see a doomsday enter top 8 at any major
All of the things you've mentioned are his punishable moves, you're not takin into consideration that he is the Johnny Cage of injustice. He takes no risk to do anything. He always has meter to shoulder and frame trap.

Green arrow isn't gonna do shit against Doomsday lol, 1% arrows are pretty negligible, especially compared to the amount of dick doomsday will be screwing into the top of GAs skull.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I do. I don't know how it works against a human opponent, but the AI on very hard can't get out of my d1's when his trait is active.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
All of the things you've mentioned are his punishable moves, you're not takin into consideration that he is the Johnny Cage of injustice. He takes no risk to do anything. He always has meter to shoulder and frame trap.

Green arrow isn't gonna do shit against Doomsday lol, 1% arrows are pretty negligible, especially compared to the amount of dick doomsday will be screwing into the top of GAs skull.
I think GA can anti-air-arrow him easily out of that.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think GA can anti-air-arrow him easily out of that.
If you're willing to jump out of an untechable knockdown or massive disadvantage, you're gonna have a bad time. Obviously doomsderp players aren't gonna JD3 from half screen away.

doomsday can be hit out his supernova with those little 1% green arrow projectiles ... you know the really cute ones that go straight up ? doomsday cannot get thru them ... regular or ex ..

I mean nearly every special he does is back 3 punishable ... you can knock him out of his trail easily ... his damage is low compared to bane and grundy ... he has no low starters (Im not including a funky d1) no projectiles ... his overhead is ok ... I believe everyone initially freaked out because no one knew how to fight him but maybe he doesnt need it just would like to hear feedback
Oh man! Yesterday I was so mad! This bane I was playing discovered he could just block my jid3 and just punish me without finishing my strings... his ji splash is his only option and I'm sure you can do this to like 2 of 4 starters! Maybe a little longer trait or less cool down too!