What's new

Question Any one think that Doomsday needs buffs ?

What I like about Green Sparrow is that he can blow up his supernova drop for free with a DB1, into a 11~ice arrow or combo of choice. What I hate about Green Sparrow on this matchup is that once dumbsday has his trait going on don't bother with your D1 ice arrow shennanigins. Dumbsday doesn't haev to fuzzy guard any of that shit.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
doomsday cant be hit out his supernova with those little 1% green arrow projectiles ... you know the really cute ones that go straight up ? well guess what ? doomsday cannot get thru them ... regular or ex ..
Why are you Sheeva stomping when you have a perfectly abusable shoulder charge that's hitconfirmable?

GA will have to zone perfectly to even keep up with your damage. Just keep derping out ex shoulders for days.

The mentality of this thread and your complaints about the character are totally backwards. Look at what he has, see how abusable it is, and abuse it. He's not about supernova, it's all about the shoulder.

His Earth Shake is overhead~low and it's +0 at worst maybe even +2 lol. The hitbox on it is so huge it hits from sweep range and can even be used as an AA. MB version is low only so there's one mixup.

He has f2, a 21f special cancellable overhead.

He has a relatively safe sweep d3 (point blank unpunishable by Deathstroke's Sword Flip, sweep range unpunishable by Lex's Corp Charge).

He has a very good Shoulder Tackle with armor that can be +frames if MB'd.

His trait makes interactables and launcher moves tickle him.

Yeeeaaaahh, totally needs buffs. He should be the first one on the list actually. Give him the Ares reset.

What I like about Green Sparrow is that he can blow up his supernova drop for free with a DB1, into a 11~ice arrow or combo of choice. What I hate about Green Sparrow on this matchup is that once dumbsday has his trait going on don't bother with your D1 ice arrow shennanigins. Dumbsday doesn't haev to fuzzy guard any of that shit.

I like to just savage blast away when he activates trait. They usually get annoyed and try to supernova, then I shoot my up arrows . If he gets close I just constant d1. This is against online guys though, obviously not the best of the best.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If you're willing to jump out of an untechable knockdown or massive disadvantage, you're gonna have a bad time. Obviously doomsderp players aren't gonna JD3 from half screen away.
The first special shown here can blow up all of Doomsaday's aereal attacks.

he loses all d-1 ice battles with green arrow if he decides to poke with him or do anything but crawl into a corner and kneel and this is your beloved rush down fighter

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I agree with the OP i think if Doomsday got a Projectile infront of his charge while he is charging it will make him barely able to compete its not a lot to ask is it.

His 1 should hit mid you should be able to get a 3-4 shoulder after a normal one with a projectile infront mb it for a nother then a further mb for the 4th

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Green arrow isn't gonna do shit against Doomsday lol, 1% arrows are pretty negligible, especially compared to the amount of dick doomsday will be screwing into the top of GAs skull.
Green Arrow has a better rushdown game imo... d1+frost arrow is amazing and his high-low mixups are very hard to block if you dont know the string hes using..... He also foward dashes supernova easy, "Useless Arrows" that move easy and he has possibly the smallest hitbox in the game (or at least it feels like it), that he can make u whiff on the "dick-splash" a lot too.... I've played Chris G (GA) and me (DD)... Its not easy... Its winnable but it feels like a good 5-5 mu..

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
I'd rather have d1 not beat me in between j.d3 and any string I start. I tested this by setting doomsday to record j.d3 123 and I was able to consistently poke him out of it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I mean nearly every special he does is back 3 punishable ... you can knock him out of his trail easily ... his damage is low compared to bane and grundy ... he has no low starters (Im not including a funky d1) no projectiles ... his overhead is ok ... I believe everyone initially freaked out because no one knew how to fight him but maybe he doesnt need it just would like to hear feedback

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Yes, he needs buffs. Buff his damage on all moves , make regular shoulder safe. Make trait last longer.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
With Aquaman I have very few issues against DD.

However, everything DD does is a 50/50 after youre knocked down. He's the comeback king

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
The TYM collective baffles me sometimes. How can a player actually believe Doomsday needs buffs?

I just think his fullscreen options will not get you far and will be shocked to see a doomsday enter top 8 at any major ...
Here are the results from two recent Injustice tournaments. Your claims are erroneous, unfounded, and exceptionally whiny. Get into the lab and practice more instead of complaining about problems that don't exist. He's already made Top 8 at two of the biggest events for Injustice thus far. Keep your shock and awe tucked away for things that are ACTUALLY astonishing, because Doomsday being good isn't one of them. /thread

Civil War V Results

Injustice: Gods Among Us

1. OBS EMP REO
2. EMP Tom Brady
3. AGE NYChrisG
4. PTH Mr Aquaman
5. Killanator (DOOMSDAY)
5. TS Sabin
7. MH Alukard
7. TS Nerd Josh

Wednesday Night Fights Results
1. EGP|Tyrant (Solomon Grundy)
2. EGP|Wonderchief (Aquaman)
3. EG|Justin Wong (Batman)
4. EG|Floe (Green Lantern)
5. EGP|Awesomo (Black Adam)
5. EGP|Red Reaper (Superman)
7. ATP|Aris (Deathstroke)
7. Roman (DOOMSDAY)

I haven't read anything in this thread other than the title, but god dammit do I approve of this. OP is a pretty cool guy.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I love how everybody who talks about how bad Doomsday supposedly is keeps bringing up fucking supernova because all the people they play rely on shitty gimmicks like that and/or jd3ing all day instead of a fast forward advancing move that when EX'd is + on block, has a gigantic vertical hitbox + armor in a game where you almost always have meter... and a move that's a pain to block in general that knocks down, let alone if they know how to mix up the timing and throw his other options in (aka sweep and his throw with a longer range than most of the cast). Or the fact that he has one of the better wakeup games since he has two good options to mixup (Have to jump to avoid ground pound, but if he reads that you get AA tackled). not to mention he has decent normals in general (d1 for close game, f21 for ranged punishment, and d3). Oh, and he's one of the lucky characters that gets a reliable AA, making his fundamentals even stronger. Yeah he does have weaknesses, his damage floor is crap meaning he has to treat reversals more seriously than a lot of other characters and since it's likely he'll be doing EX tackle all fucking day (due to it being so blatantly strong and important to his gameplan) he often won't be wagering as frequently as most characters. Doesn't change the fact that he's annoying as hell to block and play neutral against, and even moreso if your character has trouble with forward advancing moves. He'll remain decent in the hands of players with good fundamentals unless he's heavily nerfed, 112 chip glitch is just bullshit icing on a cake made of bullshit.

Or maybe Tom Brady doesn't know jack shit about how fighting games works so he's wrong about this character being strong.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Why cant doomsday meter burn his body splash so it can become unblockable? I'm sick of people blocking it because none of their anti airs work. I'm forced to do block strings which do full damage anyway, it's not fair.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I actually do think that the only buff Doomsday needs is for his trait not to be made useless by superman's trait.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Why cant doomsday meter burn his body splash so it can become unblockable? I'm sick of people blocking it because none of their anti airs work. I'm forced to do block strings which do full damage anyway, it's not fair.
Also, doomsday's super is so underpowered. He knocks people through the earth's core and back up again, that should take at least one bar on the way down and one on the way back, I mean come on NRS, you can't fool us. we know Doomsday NEEDS it.