What's new

Any news about TAG mode?

Have you heard anything about it so far? It's a really important aspect for me and my buddies, and we're kinda worried because of the silence around it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Have you heard anything about it so far? It's a really important aspect for me and my buddies, and we're kinda worried because of the silence around it.
Nothing so far. Personally I don't think it's going to be in. Having Ferra/Torr as a single character and then also including tag seems like overkill.

Although tag/variations could be interesting.

E

Eldriken

I never really cared for it in MK9, so if it's missing this go around, I really won't mind.

But for those who do enjoy it, I'm sure it will suck for them if it's not around. :/

VOR

Noob
It seems like overkill with all of the variations, wide array of mechanics, and intractables. The idea of balancing these features with tag feels too out there.

coolwhip

Noob
Never cared for it personally. I know it's fun for some, but for MK9, it was ridiculously half assed, which ended up making it broken.. I really don't think NRS have enough time to work on a proper tag mode so might as well leave it alone.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
I absolutely loved playing tag offline, either with a large group of friends or tackling on the tag ladder. TAG kombos were pretty damn hype, and I loved making teams like Scorp and Sub, Cage and Jax, Liu and Kung Lao, Cyrax andnSektor etc..

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd almost guarantee it's not in the game. I'd rather they spend time on other things than tag mode, honestly. It was pretty broken and not many people ever used it.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I would love for it to be in, especially now that we variations on characters. But I doubt it will make the cut this time.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Tag mode is confirmed to be out of the game.

the tag button is now the throw button
the old throw button is now the interactible button

Decay

King of the Bill
Tag mode was fun but not necessary. I think it would be cool if you can have team vs team and its just an elimination thing.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I loved tag. Who cares if it was broken, it was fun as hell with friends. They just need to make it like DoA5U so you can tag up with someone online instead of just locally.

I wish it would be put it in, but they haven't said a word about it so I don't think it made the cut.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tag mode was way better then 1 v 1 imo, even with its brokenness. I'd love for them to implement it, but i wont be holding my breath.

If it's just a button problem, why not replace the L2'S Stance change with tag?

About the "brokeness" …..SO? does it really matter? because of the possible infinities? so what? certain characters were broken in 1vs1 too.
…It's not played in tournaments anyway.
People have to remember that gaming is not only ONLINE gaming.

The tag mode is extremely fun, especially for casuals. I don't want to play MK when i only meet my High skilled buddies in the Dojo, with my close friends too, who are not interested to play at a high level.

EDIT: If it's indeed waste of resources, let them discard the tag combos, or even the tag button. When one player dies, the partner gets in the fight.
Injustice lacked of tag mode, and that was the only reason we haven't played it with my crew.

JDM

Noob
It seems like overkill with all of the variations, wide array of mechanics, and intractables. The idea of balancing these features with tag feels too out there.
Tag was never balanced in MK9 either though. It was just a fun inclusion. I think tag will be in. Why would they take it out?

I never liked Tag myself, but I think it should at least be in.