What's new

ANTI Kung Lao Tech - High hit box characters vs The Teleport - Works for all as well

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Why not d1 212 freeze b12 22 slide?
Probably has to do with the odd wiff chance.

I'm not saying the full story here. There was other reasons for this and there is an actual way to do it. You don't just auto-pilot d4 ex freeze.

If I remember correctly you let go of block and wait, if the kick is instant you d4 ex freeze. If you sense any delay immediately stand block.

ZtrideRz

Noob
The funny thing is I abuse teleport but the more videos and games I play with glue and learn the harder my lao gets you can only counter so much in the moment if I do what glue said and just duck after connecting with a 3 and bait a poke then change my plan and go for s spin or instant 1121 you will be mixed up so in the words of glue is all guessing games laos teleport is not the one player should worry about I think the god of thunder poses more of a problem. But I'm glad everyone spends so much time revising counters to lao. So us true laos can find counters to what you do. Glue your very clever everything you tell me I take in knowing one day ill have the smartest and most technical lao in europe.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't know if this was posted or said in the video (I didn't notice if it was), but if KL does en-teleport and you press d1 just once and are still pressing down, when KL appears on the other side your character is still facing the direction where he first teleported. However, if you press block after d1 your character turns around.

Death

Noob
Hey man, Yeah this tech looked pretty good. It still looked hard to do on reaction. I noticed whenever I did tele 3 late it hit you. I was really impressed with your D+1 aa on cross ups. I had to adjust and do jump kicks to beat it. Nice Kenshi really solid.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey man, Yeah this tech looked pretty good. It still looked hard to do on reaction. I noticed whenever I did tele 3 late it hit you. I was really impressed with your D+1 aa on cross ups. I had to adjust and do jump kicks to beat it. Nice Kenshi really solid.
Thanks - what this tech really accomplishes is creates more of an equal mind game. It makes the lao player think outside of using just instant 3 giving the kenshi player more options to punish and defend

Thanks for the AA compliment, its been like my #2 focus since FR lol

davidovitch

In Europe!
Great job on the video! For me personally I can only use this on read as I am too slow to react to teleports when Kung Lao is pressuring me from all angles all the time (for example teleport into crossover into another teleport just fucks with my head).

A problem I have is that after the tele3 if I block it and do d1, then what? What can I follow the d1 up with? Depending on the character the advantage is not even enough to start pressure (KL's standing 2 will beat it or his spin will) so you risk eating a spin into full combo by doing d1, while the reward is only the damage of the d1 and hopefully a moment to breath or even escape KL.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
This should help my Sheeva for this obnoxious match, Kung Lao is such a pain in the ass I'll take any advantage I can get.

GhosT

Noob
Pig Of The Hut
Thanks. But one off topic question. When fighting pl I believe it was. Why did you stay with mileena instead of kenshi to fight raiden? I thought u had confidence in that matchup due to armoring through 334 and b 3 strings. This took me by surprise.

As far as the tech goes thanks. Anything to help counter kl helps out. Appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I wondered that too, as well as if you knew Mileena can freely roll underneath b312 and 334.

NKZero

Noob
I like u :)

I used this tech to beat curbo's Lao

I remember getting a lot of questions on YouTube if possible during the heat of a match

Answer is yes
That's exactly why I'm confused. Not only did u do it but you also said it on commentary when Jr was playing PL. How come everyone kept falling for the teleport mix-ups. Isn't D1 the solution to everything but the overhead from the teleport which you can see from a mile away anyways...

Pig Of The Hut

I wondered that too, as well as if you knew Mileena can freely roll underneath b312 and 334.
Pig Of The Hut
Thanks. But one off topic question. When fighting pl I believe it was. Why did you stay with mileena instead of kenshi to fight raiden? I thought u had confidence in that matchup due to armoring through 334 and b 3 strings. This took me by surprise.

As far as the tech goes thanks. Anything to help counter kl helps out. Appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk

It was a really really bad decision

I've said it since the second the second round begin of the last match

"mannnnnn should have gone csz or kenshi "

Pig Of The Hut

That's exactly why I'm confused. Not only did u do it but you also said it on commentary when Jr was playing PL. How come everyone kept falling for the teleport mix-ups. Isn't D1 the solution to everything but the overhead from the teleport which you can see from a mile away anyways...
Steps to beating Kung Lao

1. Remove/limit his mobility
2. Don't jump in
3. Block low
4. Bait dive whiffs and spins

NariTuba

disMember
This is really good stuff Pig, hadnt seen it before.

For the record, you stated that d3 is universally 7 frames, this is incoreect. Cyrax for example has a 9 frame d3 (not that it matters for him since he blows up Laos teleport easily). I dont know if its relevant to the tech posted in the video or not, just thought Id point it out.

Pig Of The Hut

This is really good stuff Pig, hadnt seen it before.

For the record, you stated that d3 is universally 7 frames, this is incoreect. Cyrax for example has a 9 frame d3 (not that it matters for him since he blows up Laos teleport easily). I dont know if its relevant to the tech posted in the video or not, just thought Id point it out.

Oh wow I never knew
Thanks

Just for knowledge what is cyrax d4?

NKZero

Noob
I'm really starting to think Cyrax is the ultimate rushdown character. Great mix-ups, most strings hit mid, all safe, command grab. Great pokes and footsie tools. This is all forgetting about the stupid damage and the bombs and nets minefield lol. I'm convinced that if people played him properly he might be near top 5 again.

Anyways don't wanna derail the thread but that was my two cents.

Pig Of The Hut

Thanks for the response but do you have any idea why CD Jr didn't do any of the above? I mean if I know this then surely he must. Was it tourney nerves or something or was PL doing something good?

Pig Of The Hut

I'm really starting to think Cyrax is the ultimate rushdown character. Great mix-ups, most strings hit mid, all safe, command grab. Great pokes and footsie tools. This is all forgetting about the stupid damage and the bombs and nets minefield lol. I'm convinced that if people played him properly he might be near top 5 again.

Anyways don't wanna derail the thread but that was my two cents.

Pig Of The Hut

Thanks for the response but do you have any idea why CD Jr didn't do any of the above? I mean if I know this then surely he must. Was it tourney nerves or something or was PL doing something good?
not sure but ill ask him about it

Im guessing it was the jump over teleport mix up and he didnt want to d1 maybe cause PL might go for the overhead pop up (2)

He would play the Mu differently probably now

NariTuba

disMember
Just a quick reply to this off topic, only one of his strings hits mid, and it cannot be hit confirmed. His only good footsie tool is actually d4. Net upclose is high risk high reward, and saw is not more than ok since it only leads to bomb pressure and can be punished by some characters. Low hitbox characters shut down command grab mixups (whiffs). Honestly, he is best played as a punishment, zone control character as far as I can tell. (Tho he actually gets outzoned by many in the cast)

He does kill Lao teleport with his AA throw on reaction tho, which kinda messes with frenetic paced Laos forcing them to play footsies. He also punishes so hard that Laos are hesitant to throw out the spin. An even matchup imho.

NKZero

Noob
Just a quick reply to this off topic, only one of his strings hits mid, and it cannot be hit confirmed. His only good footsie tool is actually d4. Net upclose is high risk high reward, and saw is not more than ok since it only leads to bomb pressure and can be punished by some characters. Low hitbox characters shut down command grab mixups (whiffs). Honestly, he is best played as a punishment, zone control character as far as I can tell. (Tho he actually gets outzoned by many in the cast)

He does kill Lao teleport with his AA throw on reaction tho, which kinda messes with frenetic paced Laos forcing them to play footsies. He also punishes so hard that Laos are hesitant to throw out the spin. An even matchup imho.
Dude what about his B2 and F2. Good range and F2 is advantage. Is it standing 1 that hits mid? That means he has access to 111 and 121 strings also 334 is good to. Or is it standing 2 that hits mid?