What's new

Another potential leak of the DLC lineup

Anyone that reads dc comics would know who Enchantress is... she is like one of the main "magical" bad guys and is in nearly evry major event that is all about magic.

For example the recent formation of "Justice League Dark" only a few years ago in 2011 at the start of the new52 started with a large arc focusing on her and was one of the more popular new lines in dc...

It is kind of like people saying "no one has heard of the guardians of the galaxy" until the film, as in the same way as enchantress, EVERYONE that reads marvel has heard of them.
RIGHT!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I dont disagree with that lol A bunch of ppl dont know em but there are also a bunch of ppl that do. Like i said before if this list is real or not crying about it will not change it so just deal with it and maybe go read a comic to learn about these characters or what ever ones they choose to include :D
Pity we have Black Canary... as I would have loved see Silver Banshee... my other main pick is Big Barda.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Here's to hoping black lightning has a static shock premier skin, it kinda makes sense too:

WB gets to promote black lightning, and a lot of people get what they want with a playable static

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm getting Manta so I can't complain, but seriously.....who the fuck is Terra? I hope that's not correct because I'm fairly versed in the DC Universe and I have no idea who she/he is.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I'm getting Manta so I can't complain, but seriously.....who the fuck is Terra? I hope that's not correct because I'm fairly versed in the DC Universe and I have no idea who she/he is.
I didn't know who she was either until I google her name. She's that short hair Blonde chick from Judas Contract who has a hard on for DeathStroke. Her powers kinda reminded me of Rictor and Avalanche from Marvel.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Super fake, and this is why:

"Black Lightning was supposed to be a premier skin for Raiden, but after the backlash we decided to swap them."

I don't think NRS/WB care about backlash for a single character. At least not like that. I mean, with Kombat Pack 2 people BEGGED them to not do any more guests and to do more highly requested MK characters. What do we get? 1 highly requested, 1 obscure, and 2 guests -- one of which is Leatherface and like nobody wanted him. Huge backlash. Pack didn't come out for months. They could have changed something, but they didn't. Why?

2 reasons:
  • They can't really just throw away their work. Example: at this point they probably have a lot of designs for Raiden's gear and gameplay already worked out, and I'm sure they are already doing voice related stuff. You can't just "swap" characters because some people on twitter got a little upset. Things aren't that simple.
  • If they have reason to believe that guest characters would sell more than "normal" characters, then they will continue to make and sell guests. They already said many times that their best selling characters were guests. In this case, if they think Raiden will sell more than Black Lightning or even Static, then they will do Raiden and just do BL and/or Static for a future game.
Aside from that, most of the stuff on this list is pretty safe. The description of Starfire's super is safe because Ed Boon already confirmed in an interview that her super would take the opponent to space, so there's nothing new there.

The descriptions of Sub-Zero and Starfire traits are also super safe. One of the first ideas that people had when they saw Subby was that he could be another stance switch character, and Ermac/Hawkgirl-like flight for Starfire is also safe.

Black Manta is safe. Black Lightning is safe (because he is getting a new show). Enchantress is safe (movie character). Beast Boy is safe (Ed was hyping him up at one point). Spawn is safe. Terra is the only one that seems really weird. Being safe doesn't mean they are fake and won't happen, I'm just saying that there's no curve-ball here.

On top of that it's just another Reddit "leak" with no credibility. If this was the guy that had leaked the base game roster then of course I would believe it. If it was someone like Ryce or whatever who are known for helping leak stuff including fighting game rosters, then I would believe it. But you have some random guy claiming that he works for NRS or WB or whatever and he knows everything that's coming, but he has zero proof of it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think so. With all of that being said, if this IS what we are getting, then I'm fine with it to be honest. Not really a fan of the idea of Terra or Black Lightning over Static, but the rest is okay with me (especially Beast Boy and Black Manta).

Gamer68

Fujin!
So this guy posted the second half of the post. I'm pretty sceptical about it but there you go

This proves that it's fake to me. Arkham Knight as a premier skin? What? Arkham Knight IS Red Hood. It's the same guy. Why would it have to be a premier skin? It could easily be gear.

I mean I thought that the movie skins would be premier skins but I was wrong, even those can be gear (Wonder Woman movie gear coming today apparently). Not only does it make no sense as a premier skin, but I doubt that they would make 1 of 3 premier skins for a DLC character. I suppose that it could be a free premier skin, but judging by how much work they are putting into these things, I don't think any premier skins will be free especially since we are getting free additional gear.