What's new

Match Footage aNinj vs [Insert Name Here] Kombat Videos

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Updated 3/13/2012

Note - something about the new forum structure makes the videos appear as white blocks sometimes - I've found that they will turn into proper video embeds in under a minute.

This post is for matchup videos between myself and [Insert Name Here]. Any time I sit down to record some online matches, win or lose, I'll post it up here.

3/13/2012

aNinj vs PonyLove Part 2

aNinj vs PonyLove Part 1

2/26/2012

THTB vs aNinj - online casuals (lag wasn't much of a factor in these matches - THTB agreed?)

2/15/2012

Offline Casuals vs my brother (gamertag: Pony Love)

Part 4 of 4

Part 3 of 4

Part 2 of 4

Part 1 of 4

1/2/12

On this dockett, aNinj vs:
R33dy Sm4sh TS31
R33dy Sm4sh TS31
I AM MOSSBERG TS27
MyJeTs81 TS27
AIRFLASH 24 TS32
MMM Fried Rice TS30
CodenameOmen TS32
CodenameOmen TS32
WorldWarrior305 TS30

12/29/2011

KindaPopular TS30
BeTheBuLLeT x TS28
MacJody TS24

12/27/2011

I PartyPete I TS0
WorldWarrior305 TS31
iBlaQlaBeL x TS37

Sub_Crash4 (thanks for uploading these)

Ninj vs CharlieMurphy41

Session one... roughly 7:00

Session two ... roughly 12:00

Session three

There are more to come
After watching, I didn't punish your red dash~down slash once. I am pretty sure it is punishable on block correct?

Answer: Yes. Very punishable on block ;) -aNinj

ryublaze

Noob
Great Skarlet Ninj! It's nice to see those combos being pulled off online. When I first fought Johnny Cage I had a hard time beating him but I guess you gotta rush him down before he does. If Johnny Cage has no meter, I usually go fullscreen and zone with daggers. I'm not sure, but I think you can red dash under his projectile into full combo.

Ninj

Great Skarlet Ninj! It's nice to see those combos being pulled off online. When I first fought Johnny Cage I had a hard time beating him but I guess you gotta rush him down before he does. If Johnny Cage has no meter, I usually go fullscreen and zone with daggers. I'm not sure, but I think you can red dash under his projectile into full combo.
On a full screen EX dash, you can typically only it an Up Slash and only if you've made the right read. I don't recommend full-screen EX dashing. Anything short of full screen is fair game though, so go nuts. I don't believe most people are aware of how much screen control Skarlet truly has with the EX Dash. Not only can you EX Dash into an Up/Down Slash to move into a 35-38% reset, but you can EX Dash through projectiles into a cross-over.

I haven't posted much on this site, But I want to say you have inspired me to put alot more work into my Skarlet.

I feel like i've been playing her incredibly incorrectly all this time. My main is Jade/Ermac atm. But I did do a little work with Skarlet and have 3-4 BnB 30=40% combos. But seeing you create openings the way you do makes me want to continue forward with skarlet a little harder.

Ninj

I haven't posted much on this site, But I want to say you have inspired me to put alot more work into my Skarlet.

I feel like i've been playing her incredibly incorrectly all this time. My main is Jade/Ermac atm. But I did do a little work with Skarlet and have 3-4 BnB 30=40% combos. But seeing you create openings the way you do makes me want to continue forward with skarlet a little harder.
Thanks man, that's what I'm here to do. I'll try to get some more off-line-like Skarlet play up here in video format - my online and offline Skarlet are very different if you can believe it - far more pressure offline.

That said, I'll have some more videos posted up around Noon-1PM EST today which are just more goofing off online.

Some things to remember about Skarlet -

1) 6-frame D1
2) 7-frame D3 which lowers her hitbox by alot
3) Skarlet never has to commit to a jump with her downward air dagger and air teleport slash. Your opponent should always be in a state of unease as to whether you'll throw a far air dagger, low air dagger, or teleport when you do a jump. This gives her extra safety when she wants to commit to a crossover or a long jip. On that note, keep in mind that Skarlet can turn a deep jump kick into a...I think 25% reset.

Thanks man, that's what I'm here to do. I'll try to get some more off-line-like Skarlet play up here in video format - my online and offline Skarlet are very different if you can believe it - far more pressure offline.

That said, I'll have some more videos posted up around Noon-1PM EST today which are just more goofing off online.

Some things to remember about Skarlet -

1) 6-frame D1
2) 7-frame D3 which lowers her hitbox by alot
3) Skarlet never has to commit to a jump with her downward air dagger and air teleport slash. Your opponent should always be in a state of unease as to whether you'll throw a far air dagger, low air dagger, or teleport when you do a jump. This gives her extra safety when she wants to commit to a crossover or a long jip. On that note, keep in mind that Skarlet can turn a deep jump kick into a...I think 25% reset.
thanks for the tips man, I can see how conditioning them to be afraid of using an anti-air will definitely help with jip pressure.

Ninj

3 more videos today. Switched the video placement style so that the newest are the first videos.

Ninj

I do plan on posting videos that have more than 3 matches per. New computer parts on the way are going to help make that easier for me to do.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ma-gni-fique !

First time in our life we can finally see a very good skarlet. Ty dude, very entertaining.

She is still unknow until now. Be carefull the day people will start to know her better :p

Btw, your opponents cannot block right after your 1, 1, 2 reset (before next string) ? It seems they never do it.

You got a new dazzle now ? Good, make more dude make more ! :D

Ninj

Ma-gni-fique !

First time in our life we can finally see a very good skarlet. Ty dude, very entertaining.

She is still unknow until now. Be carefull the day people will start to know her better :p

Btw, your opponents cannot block right after your 1, 1, 2 reset (before next string) ? It seems they never do it.

You got a new dazzle now ? Good, make more dude make more ! :D
On the 1,1,2 reset - correct. On successfully landing the "2" hit of the 1,1,2 string, if you link to a Red Dash (DF3) and do an :en Downslash (B2 during Red Dash), your opponent has 2 options: block high for both hits, or get launched into another 30% reset (or whatever else you want to do to them). Skarlet's :en Downslash hits before the opponent has fully recovered from the 1,1,2.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
On the 1,1,2 reset - correct. On successfully landing the "2" hit of the 1,1,2 string, if you link to a Red Dash (DF3) and do an :en Downslash (B2 during Red Dash), your opponent has 2 options: block high for both hits, or get launched into another 30% reset (or whatever else you want to do to them). Skarlet's :en Downslash hits before the opponent has fully recovered from the 1,1,2.
I learned this combot reset but it's actually possible to block right after the reset with or without ex-down slash. I don't know why your opponents never block it (at worse they just get a 8% slide). I would like to see more videos against better fighters. Those don't really use their meter properly for breaker or just useful specials.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I also would like to see more vids of you Skarlet in action.

Ninj

I learned this combot reset but it's actually possible to block right after the reset with or without ex-down slash. I don't know why your opponents never block it (at worse they just get a 8% slide). I would like to see more videos against better fighters. Those don't really use their meter properly for breaker or just useful specials.
Sorry I should have been more specific. It's really a win-win, because if you train your opponent to low block your Red Slide, then they will start eating 30% resets after you've hit them with a 1,1,2. Their only option when you do a Red Dash into :en Downslash after a 1,1,2 reset is to high block - otherwise they get hit by both hits into another reset combo (or god forbid a Skarlet corner combo if they're anywhere near the corner.)

I also would like to see more vids of you Skarlet in action.
Ask and you shall receive (see top of the page) Get hype - 9 matches. Personal favorite on this one is the Sektor match

ryublaze

Noob
I like the Sektor match too. It looks like Sektor has a hard time with spacing against Skarlet (at least the one in the video).

Ninj

Finally got about 2.5 hours worth of recorded casuals with my brother offline. I'll be working on those over the weekend - there's a lot of great Skarlet tactical/strategical/setups information in there. The whole time he and I were pointing things out ('that's a great lesson right there') so as soon as I can edit it all properly and get it all processed, I'll post it up in two different threads - one for just the matches, straight up, the other for my commentary (whether it's voice or text I'm not sure yet).

Good stuff coming your way, Skarlet players!

Ninj

Part 1 of 4 uploaded onto the first page of this thread.

I haven't broken it down into lessons to learn yet - for now I'm just getting the base videos uploaded for your viewing pleasure. Parts 1 and 2 are Skarlet vs CSZ, and I believe most of part 3 and all of 4 are Skarlet vs Kenshi.

Enjoy!