What's new

Anime discussion thread

Characters from different animes but look alike or are similar anyone?

Kokutou was the prototype for shiki essentially. Lot of the characters from kara no kyoukai were recycled in type moons later series.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I love anime OST's they are so good!

You and me, brother. Just looked at my phone and I have 16 Tracks of Mirai Nikki, 9 of Psycho-Pass, 4 of Fate/, 4 of OreImo.and 1 on Btooom!

My personal favs:

Crooks

Noob
You and me, brother. Just looked at my phone and I have 16 Tracks of Mirai Nikki, 9 of Psycho-Pass, 4 of Fate/, 4 of OreImo.and 1 on Btooom!
Ive only heard the Mirai Nikki ones but the other ones are good as well!
Here are some of my personal favs:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Ive only heard the Mirai Nikki ones but the other ones are good as well!
Here are some of my personal favs:

Yep I have that Mirai Nikki Track. It's called "Uneven Way of Thought". Nice Tracks! I feel like adding more but it might be considered spam.
EDIT:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Is there any word on Deadman Wonderland?
Caught the first "season" on the new AS and loved it.

I'm also very sad that Claymore was not set up to follow the manga.... :(

Crooks

Noob
There are tons! Just to name a few there are:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yuyu Hakusho
Mirai Nikki
Angel Beats
Shingeki No Kyojin
Susei Gargantia
Deadman Wonderland

Those are just to name a few, you can check out my MAL if you want more :)

I've really gotten into anime within the last few years and had a major obsession with downloading it and filling up my 2 TB external hard drive. Started downloading way more than I had time to watch but listed are a few of my favorites.

1) One Piece (Good action, great characters, good emotional storylines)
2) Hunter X Hunter 2011 (Seems like it was made for little kids but the gore and action says otherwise)
3) Code Geass (Very story driven with some nice twists and turns)
4) Buso Renkin (Not very well known but was very entertaining)
5) Rurouni Kenshin (First series that i watch in it's entirety, it's what got me into anime)

Here is a few that I wish I never gotten into.
1) Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (It started off entertaining, then the fillers kicked in. I continued to watch and then the show really started to piss me off on how overpowered the villians were and how stupidly simple the story really is)
2) Dragonball (Loved it when I was in High School. Then it annoyed me how the story formula became so repetitive. Villain shows up, everyone is weak, trains harder, wait for Goku to show up.)
3) Fairy Tail (The whole we fight as a guild and the determination of our guide will conquer all formula got really annoying later on)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've really gotten into anime within the last few years and had a major obsession with downloading it and filling up my 2 TB external hard drive. Started downloading way more than I had time to watch but listed are a few of my favorites.

1) One Piece (Good action, great characters, good emotional storylines)
2) Hunter X Hunter 2011 (Seems like it was made for little kids but the gore and action says otherwise)
3) Code Geass (Very story driven with some nice twists and turns)
4) Buso Renkin (Not very well known but was very entertaining)
5) Rurouni Kenshin (First series that i watch in it's entirety, it's what got me into anime)

Here is a few that I wish I never gotten into.
1) Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (It started off entertaining, then the fillers kicked in. I continued to watch and then the show really started to piss me off on how overpowered the villians were and how stupidly simple the story really is)
2) Dragonball (Loved it when I was in High School. Then it annoyed me how the story formula became so repetitive. Villain shows up, everyone is weak, trains harder, wait for Goku to show up.)
3) Fairy Tail (The whole we fight as a guild and the determination of our guide will conquer all formula got really annoying later on)

I've watched the Classic HxH I really don't see how it's for kids lol. It was bad ass.

MAL: Crks
Can't find/doesn't work.

I've watched the Classic HxH I really don't see how it's for kids lol. It was bad ass.

Can't find/doesn't work.
My impression of it being for kids was probably because the two primary characters are both little boys. I have the original ones downloaded, I might go watch the classic just to see the differences.