What's new

Anime discussion thread

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
anyone watching Sword Art Online? it just started airing on adult swim and looks pretty interesting
and i really need a new anime to watch

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
anyone watching Sword Art Online? it just started airing on adult swim and looks pretty interesting
and i really need a new anime to watch
Lol I just finished it. See my previous posts. It's pretty good. I noticed they also just started airing the dubs. As you say they're on Adult Swim now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Lol I just finished it. See my previous posts. It's pretty good. I noticed they also just started airing the dubs. As you say they're on Adult Swim now.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
cool i just saw your post haha im thinking of just watching the sub so i dont have to wait a week for episodes

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
iKritikal a friend and I watched the 1st episode of RWBY and it's not all as epic as the Red trailer lol. Plus Red in her trailer is misleading. She's not a strong silent type and it's disappointing lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
lol I know the trailers are better than the actual show. Have you seen the other trailers?

Yea lol the Red trailer is defo misleading. Even the other trailers weren't as epic as Red's. I liked White's because she reminds me of Sword Art Online's Asuna.

Redvision assuming that you know quite a bit of Type-Moon, have you seen Carnival Phantasm? If so, what's your fav scene? Aside from dokidoki date plan arc, I loved this scene:

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Surprisingly, I watch/read a lot of anime/manga. Ima try to remember all the ones ive read/watched in the past several years and rank them from 1-5. Im sure SEVERAL are missing but ehh..
5: Must Watch
4: Highly recommended
3: Decent, will like if you like the subject matter
2: Would avoid
1: Dont do it

DragonBall-4
DragonBall Z-5
DragonBall GT-2
Rurouni Kenshin-4
Yu Yu Hakusho-4
Inuyasha-2
Death Note-5
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood-5
Code Geass-5
Scryed-5
Fate/Zero-4
Legend of Korra-4
Star Driver-1
Guilty Crown-1
Hellsing Ultimate-3
Attack on Titan-5
IGPX-3
Blood +-2
Claymore-3
DGray Man-3
Hitman Reborn-2
Valvrave-4
Psycho-Pass-4
Freezing-3
Naruto-4
Bleach-3
Birdy the Mighty Decode-3
Soul Eater-3
Moribito Guardian of the Spirit-3
Gundam 00-4
G Gundam--3
Gundam Unicorn-3
Afro Samurai-3

Redvision assuming that you know quite a bit of Type-Moon, have you seen Carnival Phantasm? If so, what's your fav scene? Aside from dokidoki date plan arc, I loved this scene:

Haven't gotten around to watching that yet but that scene was pretty funny lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Haven't gotten around to watching that yet but that scene was pretty funny lol

Oh man Carnival Phantasm is Type-Moon gold. It features chars from Fate/ SN & HA, Tsukihime & Kagetsu Tohya and Melty Blood series. It's the animated version of the Type-Moon manga "TAKE-MOON".

I wish they had animated "All Around Type-Moon" instead though 'cause it features all of the Nasuverse not just the above.

EDIT: Hey to those who have seen Steins;Gate and/or Ghost in The Shell, how would you rate them on a scale of 1-100? 'cause they both have a fuckton of content and watching them would probably deprive me of watching anything else so I'd like to know if it's at least worth it.

I've watched Chaos;Head and it's probably one of the worst things I've ever watched...ever. And I've slept on like a quarter of Steins;Gate's 1st ep out of boredom. But It's ranked #2 on MAL so I'm curious as to why.

And it's not like I don't like story-heavy anime I've watched the Kara no Kyoukai series, Monogatari series and Fate/ Zero's 1st quarter. To a normal person those things would be already painfully too much.

TL;DR - Ignore my rambling if you don't include in the 1st sentence.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
In other news, for anyone looking for a new anime to watch and can't find one, holy shit The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is amazing. Especially the movie. Blew me away

This. The only anime whose existence I'll acknowledge.

Fuck your badass, samurai swordsman, super-powered buff-up'd street fightin' animes.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

This. The only anime whose existence I'll acknowledge.

Fuck your badass, anime swordsman, super-powered buff-up'd street fightin' animes.
That's only Shonen Jump. Other writers are actually smarter than that and know how to make their characters more powerful by other means than just slapping a bigger number to their Super Move.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
That's only Shonen Jump. Other writers are actually smarter than that and know how to make their characters more powerful by other means than just slapping a bigger number to their technique.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Like I said, I only acknowledge the existence of one anime, that is the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Man I did not like Sword Art Online lol I dunno why.

Right now I'm watching

Monogatari: 2nd Season
Mushibugyo
Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)
The World only God Knows

just finished
Arawata Under the Bridge (Pretty funny anime)

Zer0hundr3d

Did you know another Kara no Kyoukai movie is coming out soon?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Man I did not like Sword Art Online lol I dunno why.

Right now I'm watching

Monogatari: 2nd Season
Mushibugyo
Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)
The World only God Knows

just finished
Arawata Under the Bridge (Pretty funny anime)

Zer0_hundr3d

Did you know another Kara no Kyoukai movie is coming out soon?

Aww shame you didn't like SAO. Did you finish or just your 1st impressions? And Arakawa was weird lol. I wouldn't say it's good but I enjoyed it. There's just something with the fact that Ko being the only sane person surrounded by nutjobs that kept me interested.

As for KnK, apparently, it's supposed to come out Sept 28. It should be interesting. It's going to be about Shiki and Mikiya's daughter, Mana.

They fucked up senjougahra in Monogatari Second Season
The whole season so far is pretty boring aside from Ep 5. And Ep 6 was a total rip-off. They just summarized what happened in Nekomonogatari.

They should just stop fucking around and release Kizumonogatari. I want to see a vamp Araragi already lol.

DJ L Toro where you at? OreImo S2 OVAs are out now. I have a feeling that the series might continue just to milk it. Maybe they'll animate Meruru and/or Maschera lol.