What's new

Question - Grandmaster An unusual buff to GM SZ

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Lmao, carry on playing your braindead neutral. The fact that you think having the clone spaced out even more is stupid. Adjustments I mentioned considered everyone in the cast and promoted GMs defensive play style whilst helping his other variations.
Adjustments that will never happen..................
Any actual OBJECTIVE REASON why you think it's stupid besides your bias?

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Not totally caught up on this thread , but I could see this idea screwing with the b2 shatter combo. Just something to think about
That's actually a good observation, what about placing SZ after the klone at the very edge of b2 range so that you still hit?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
That's actually a good observation, what about placing SZ after the klone at the very edge of b2 range so that you still hit?
With a properly spaced clone I always seem to have to take a half step forward for b2 to connect already. That could just be the spacing I use so ...

llabslb

R1D1_998
Can you explain as to why you think I'm biased? Aren't you the guy that basically wants the clone spaced out more so you can be safer in super dominant match ups. Have you not considered some of the already hard/good match ups sub has because of the nature of the clone? Someone please list an opinion which is similar to mine so I can call it objective by the way.

Can you explain as to why you think I'm biased? Aren't you the guy that basically wants the clone spaced out more so you can be safer in super dominant match ups. Have you not considered some of the already hard/good match ups sub has because of the nature of the clone? Someone please list an opinion which is similar to mine so I can call it objective by the way.
I like ur ideas actually. Guess that means I'm objective :DOGE

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Can you explain as to why you think I'm biased? Aren't you the guy that basically wants the clone spaced out more so you can be safer in super dominant match ups.
To address your point, my request is not specific to D'Vorah but IMO if implemented correctly, this could help with a lot more of his 7-3 matchups without affecting his equal or winning matchups.
Do you even READ my posts cuz right now I'm seriously debating if you're blind or just ignorant.
Which ever is the case, it's not my problem, but at least try and comprehend the fact that I don't want to turn all of Sub Zero's matchups into 8-2's cuz that's my idea of balance.

I've tried to get a REAL REASON why you think this would be bad IF IMPLEMENTED CORRECTLY but all I've got ,from you and the rest of the "SZ hate crew", is that you guys can't figure out how to beat SZ and therefor HE SHOULDN'T RECEIVE BUFFS.

I guess I'm done talking to someone who can't even take the time to read my posts and try to see things from my perspective.

GG

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I like ur ideas actually. Guess that means I'm objective :DOGE
This isn't about kissing ass and pushing an agenda, plenty of SZ mains joined the conversation and they said that they want other buffs or they have reservations about my request and I didn't consider their opinions as being subjective, YA WANNA KNOW WHY???
Cuz they presented their 2 cents on the matter without posts like this:

Personally, I think his clone should be able to walk around the screen while maintaining its regular properties and freeze the opponent. The recovery should be reduced...you know what. Fuck that, make it plus and make sure his clone is also able to make a clone so it doesn't feel lonely. In fact, let's have him able to make a clone party. So as soon as GM inputs DB2 we will see a party of clones all happily dancing to music (while creating space) this will then create like a trance effect on the opponent, then they'll try join in on the party but end up getting frozen and eat a full combo.

Anyone that says anything else is up playing scum and really should reevaluate their neutral.

Spacing.

llabslb

R1D1_998
Do you even READ my posts cuz right now I'm seriously debating if you're blind or just ignorant.
Which ever is the case, it's not my problem, but at least try and comprehend the fact that I don't want to turn all of Sub Zero's matchups into 8-2's cuz that's my idea of balance.

I've tried to get a REAL REASON why you think this would be bad IF IMPLEMENTED CORRECTLY but all I've got ,from you and the rest of the "SZ hate crew", is that you guys can't figure out how to beat SZ and therefor HE SHOULDN'T RECEIVE BUFFS.

I guess I'm done talking to someone who can't even take the time to read my posts and try to see things from my perspective.

GG
"SZ would still be unsafe after a klone cancel so that forward advancing armor could punish the klone but it would make matchups like D'Vorah easier where you're not eating a meterless combo if you klone cancel after a string.
Using D'Vorah as an example again imagine the Klone positioning you just slightly out off the D4 range."

I like how you first mention a terrible match up first. "waaaw, my unsafe set up gets punished" even though you have set ups to counter these situations. You're affectively demanding buffs for the sake of a petty reason. You want to continue playing braindead as possible, you literally looked at a couple of silly match ups and demanded buffs based on situations created in those specific match ups, which is also the reason why I called you inconsiderate. Like come on. For example, what would characters like Kano do if the buff you mentioned were to happen. Can you tell me how buffing the clone in that manner would benefit sub zero in any shape or form? He would still face the same issues his terrible match ups present to him, while his fantastic match ups turn out to be even more great for him. It just makes his GMs match ups even more of a mess. Like I said, the universal adjustments I listed help Sub Zero as a character and it will help GM handle situations where it seems like he has to commit to a clone in a more suitable manner.

Your logic with how NRS will give out adjustments is also silly. If a developer plans on making an adjustment, they will. You do understand (from a developers POV) that modifying the clone in the manner you mentioned is probably just as time consuming to establish if not more time consuming than the adjustments I listed. While I mentioned simple frame data adjustments and the properties of the clone to be slightly changed, you go ahead and ask for the positioning of Sub-Zero to be altered. Also the fact that you called me biased or whatever seems like the most pathetic way of escaping the points I put out. Did you assume I don't play GM or something? Haven't gone through the hardship of being a GM player or some crap like that? For arguments sake, let's say I've never touched the variation but I know how the meta works, can I still comment on the variation? Probably not.

Last edited:
This isn't about kissing ass and pushing an agenda, plenty of SZ mains joined the conversation and they said that they want other buffs or they have reservations about my request and I didn't consider their opinions as being subjective, YA WANNA KNOW WHY???
Cuz they presented their 2 cents on the matter without posts like this:
Need help finding the ladies' room? *lights cigar*

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I like how you first mention a terrible match up first. "waaaw, my unsafe set up gets punished" even though you have set ups to counter these situations. You're affectively demanding buffs for the sake of a petty reason.
let there be known from here on out that wanting 7-3 matchups to be lessened is now considered petty
Also there are no setups to counter the 7-3 matchups THAT'S WHY they're considered 7-3...

You want to continue playing braindead as possible, you literally looked at a couple of silly match ups and demanded buffs based on situations created in those specific match ups, which is also the reason why I called you inconsiderate. .
I like it that you keep on assuming things and citing them as fact... like me wanting to play"braindead" where the hell did you get that is beyond me.

Like come on. For example, what would characters like Kano do if the buff you mentioned were to happen. Can you tell me how buffing the clone in that manner would benefit sub zero in any shape or form?
You're confusing as hell... so Kano is a bad matchup for SZ??? because he's not ,imo 5-5, and to answer your question, moving SZ back from the klone wouldn't affect that matchup which is the POINT of all of this, lessening the 7-3 and not improving the 5-5.

Your logic with how NRS will give out adjustments is also silly. If a developer plans on making an adjustment, they will..
I hope you're right and I'm wrong on this one and we'll see NRS ride in on their white horse and save the day by making some significant adjustments just like you suggested.

Need help finding the ladies' room? *lights cigar*
What the fuck does that even mean???