What's new

An unpopular opinion.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
That's quite a lot of bsing to somehow explain how Scorpion managed to not make it as the best selling individual character when Martian Manhunter outsold him and he never made the top 10 add-ons.
If there was a list that could've shown only Injustice 1 DLC sales, and that list would've shown that, then yes, you're right on that one. But not only that this list shows IJ1 add-ons from all kinds, it shows add-ons from all games overall. Also, we need to check the Xbox 360 sales numbers, not just the PS3 ones.

Mulder

King of Heroes
If there was a list that could've shown only Injustice 1 DLC sales, and that list would've shown that, then yes, you're right on that one. But not only that this list shows IJ1 add-ons from all kinds, it shows add-ons from all games overall. Also, we need to check the Xbox 360 sales numbers, not just the PS3 ones.
That'd dilute the numbers not make them stronger. I do agree that I need to find the Xbox numbers again, but from what I remember MMH ranked higher then Scorpion.

Roy Arkon

That'd dilute the numbers not make them stronger. I do agree that I need to find the Xbox numbers again, but from what I remember MMH ranked higher then Scorpion.
Not necessarily, if at June there no characters at all, while this list also shows details for other games besides IJ1, you can't say that Scorpion wasn't a top-seller if we don't minimize the list just to IJ1. And again, we need to find the 360 details.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Recently I've seen a few threads discussing Sub-Zero and (possibly) Raiden's inclusion in Injustice 2 DLC. And I wanted to throw my hat in the ring. While I agree with DC loyals that this game should have DC characters mainly. Injustice 2 is a fighting game, that Netherrealm, and (Mainly) Warner Bro's wants to reach a larger audience than just DC fans. And many, many people love Mortal Kombat, maybe more than DC, or have really no knowledge of interest in DC/Comic books in general outside of maybe the movies. So, seeing Sub-Zero, a VERY mainstream character, may interest them in not only buying Injustice, and enlargening NRS'/WB's paycheck, as well as our playerbase. And for those who love MK, but really just wanted another fighting game in the NRS motif, it gives them even more reason to join the train! While, Sub-Zero may take the slot of a DC character. (Hell, look at my name. Both of my favorite characters aren't coming back. With Robin and Deadshot, plus Red Hood now.) But he will give NRS money to add more DC characters. Like Zatanna and MM in Injustice 1. Because more money, more content.
Walking away. Scropion guest was the most downloaded/bought DLC. Money speaks people so FUCK OFF no offense source " http://segmentnext.com/2014/01/27/best-selling-dlc-character-injustice-gods-among-us-revealed/ "

Roy Arkon

Then explain the PSN sales records where Scorpion never out sold anyone. Boon tweeted something with no real evidence.
I just explained that to you for like the last 3 posts. You gave us a general list of ALL GAMES for just ONE CONSOLE where everything could've happen with the numbers for that list. Unless there is a list of just IJ1 DLC sales which shows that exact numbers of the sales of each DLC part (not just it's placement on the list), plus the details for the 360, there is no way to disqualify this.

Mulder

King of Heroes
I just explained that to you for like the last 3 posts. You gave us a general list of ALL GAMES for just ONE CONSOLE where everything could've happen with the numbers for that list. Unless there is a list of just IJ1 DLC sales which shows that exact numbers of the sales of each DLC part (not just it's placement on the list), plus the details for the 360, there is no way to disqualify this.
It'd be quite weird that Scorpion never turned up on a best selling list with every single game's DLC, it would reflect better not worse on the sales of the characters who made it to the list. Maybe if Scorpion had some ridiculously high sales on Xbox 360 then yeah maybe. But there's no way without that, that Scorpion sold the highest.

Roy Arkon

It'd be quite weird that Scorpion never turned up on a best selling list with every single game's DLC, it would reflect better not worse on the sales of the characters who made it to the list. Maybe if Scorpion had some ridiculously high sales on Xbox 360 then yeah maybe. But there's no way without that, that Scorpion sold the highest.
It's not weird at all. Since this list shows the add-ons for all games on PS3, and it also not shows the actual sale numbers of each add-on, it could be possible that Scorpion is just at No. 11 on that list, and while he didn't make it to the top 10, his particular sales numbers were still higher then what Lobo and MM got in May and July respectively. Of course since not only we got only that list for the PS3, but also we don't even have any kind of a list for the 360, there is no way we can conclude such a thing regarding Scorpion with this particular list alone.

It's not like there's a hard and fast limit to how many characters can be in a fighting game, but obviously an infinite number of characters can't be added to one. Thats why it sucks when guest characters are put in over characters such as Doomsday, MM, Beast Boy, Sinestro. Those are the characters that actually belong in game, they have ties to most every other character, both in-game and because of the rest of DC universe itself. Guest characters don't, and they often feel shoved in for the sales (which they usually are), which is just shitty when you know a character who actually belongs gets left out because of that.
When someone over at NRS or WB confirms that these characters didn't make it in because of SZ, I'll agree with you. Until then, your argument has no merit. Between both games, the majority of the most popular characters have made it in. Yes, the DC universe is HUGE! But as some point you've got to realize that some MK characters like Scorpion, SZ and others are more popular than some of the characters that people like you are fans of. For example, Killer Frost made it into IGAU, but Sub-Zero didn't. Now who do you think is more popular? If it were all about sales like you and a few others suggest, I'm sure someone like Lui Kang would have made it in before Atrocitus or Cheetah. Let's be serious here. At the end of the day, this is an NRS title. NRS is known worldwide for Mortal Kombat. I think they are accommodating you guys pretty well so far. Remember MK vs DC? Be thankful that they haven't made a sequel to that and accept what they've given you.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Recently I've seen a few threads discussing Sub-Zero and (possibly) Raiden's inclusion in Injustice 2 DLC. And I wanted to throw my hat in the ring. While I agree with DC loyals that this game should have DC characters mainly. Injustice 2 is a fighting game, that Netherrealm, and (Mainly) Warner Bro's wants to reach a larger audience than just DC fans. And many, many people love Mortal Kombat, maybe more than DC, or have really no knowledge of interest in DC/Comic books in general outside of maybe the movies. So, seeing Sub-Zero, a VERY mainstream character, may interest them in not only buying Injustice, and enlargening NRS'/WB's paycheck, as well as our playerbase. And for those who love MK, but really just wanted another fighting game in the NRS motif, it gives them even more reason to join the train! While, Sub-Zero may take the slot of a DC character. (Hell, look at my name. Both of my favorite characters aren't coming back. With Robin and Deadshot, plus Red Hood now.) But he will give NRS money to add more DC characters. Like Zatanna and MM in Injustice 1. Because more money, more content.
Agreed. The only reason I purchased the original Injustice was because of Scorpion. I was pretty into Street Fighter at the time and he was enough to pull me away for a while. Then his overhead & teleport got turbo nerfed so I ended up messing around with Deathstroke for a while (RIP cutting him from Injustice 2 was a stupid decision).

Guest characters seem to be the reason we even get DLC packs at all.
people talk but they don't really buy the DC characters, not as much as guest characters.
If i have to pay for 5 guest characters to get my sweet raven so fucking be it

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
When someone over at NRS or WB confirms that these characters didn't make it in because of SZ, I'll agree with you. Until then, your argument has no merit. Between both games, the majority of the most popular characters have made it in. Yes, the DC universe is HUGE! But as some point you've got to realize that some MK characters like Scorpion, SZ and others are more popular than some of the characters that people like you are fans of. For example, Killer Frost made it into IGAU, but Sub-Zero didn't. Now who do you think is more popular? If it were all about sales like you and a few others suggest, I'm sure someone like Lui Kang would have made it in before Atrocitus or Cheetah. Let's be serious here. At the end of the day, this is an NRS title. NRS is known worldwide for Mortal Kombat. I think they are accommodating you guys pretty well so far. Remember MK vs DC? Be thankful that they haven't made a sequel to that and accept what they've given you.
My point isn't that MK characters aren't more popular than many DC characters, it's that DC characters belong in the game and MK characters don't. Yeah, it's inevitable guests will be added. And again, it isn't like infinite characters can be added to the game, so at some point, NRS had to sit down and discuss who will he added as DLC and who won't. We will never hear a word about this discussion, and I don't need to hear it from the mouths of NRS to know that subzero definitely was added over several DC picks. Obviously characters like sub zero and scorpion are popular amongst the FGC. ANY DC character is more deserving of a DLC spot in a DC game, then any guest, is what I'm trying to say.

I'm also not looking for anyone to agree with me lol. I'm just trying to explain my side so you see the logic, you don't necessarily need to agree. I just want you to understand my point of view, since you said you don't before.

Last edited:
My point isn't that MK characters aren't more popular than many DC characters, it's that DC characters belong in the game and MK characters don't. Yeah, it's inevitable guests will be added. And again, it isn't like infinite characters can be added to the game, so at some point, NRS had to sit down and discuss who will he added as DLC and who won't. We will never hear a word about this discussion, and I don't need to hear it from the mouths of NRS to know that subzero definitely was added over several DC picks. Obviously characters like sub zero and scorpion are popular amongst the FGC. ANY DC character is more deserving of a DLC spot in a DC game, then any guest, is what I'm trying to say.

I'm also not looking for anyone to agree with me lol. I'm just trying to explain my side so you see the logic, you don't necessarily need to agree. I just want you to understand my point of view, since you said you don't before.
First off, an opinion can neither be right or wrong. I just don't understand because like you said, guest characters are inevitable and have become common in fighting games. NRS didnt start that trend. So why is it such a big deal when they do it? All I play are NRS fighting games. I have a PS3 and only 2 games for it: MK9 And IGAU. I have a PS4 and an XB1 with one game each for them: Mortal Kombat XL. As you can see I'm not a fighting game fan, I'm an NRS fan. Maybe my opinion is biased.