What's new

Am 1 the only one who facing problem in mk11

DarkSado

Noob
Dude, this is ass backwards. Wakeup options have never been more powerful. The person who earns the knockdown is the one who has to guess now. There are too many wakeup options to the point where players are now neutral jumping on wakeup because the attacker is so timid due to the range of options the downed player has.

I’ve never been a fan of the tech differently based on forward or back throw personally, but you just need to work on teching. Grabs are a big part of fighting games.

Jump attacks are fine. Better than ever imo. Some characters have very strong jump ins, but basically all characters have good anti air buttons. Jump ins in mkx were ridiculous.

And dude....if you’re having trouble getting knocked down in the corner....you’re doing it wrong. It should be a bad situation to be knocked down in the corner. And if you’re rolling out every time it’s predictable. Have you tried blocking? U3? Delayed getup?....or again....blocking and taking your turn?

I have some issues with the game, but this aint it chief lol.

You sound like the player who wants to jump all the time, wakeup for free, and mash. Time to git gud my dude.
Yea the wake up in this game is crazy it feel like your in a 50/50 for knocking them down no other fighting game does this lol

The core mechanics are good IMHO. Corner pressure is a reward. Honestly, i feel that the wakeup options in this game deny damage and pressure too often. But at the same time if you nerf those options, you just condemn a lot of characters to suffer horribly. The problems you listed seems to be more related to reads than broken mechanics.

For me, NRS should first work on balance, there is too much difference between the top tier characters and low tier character right now, the gap is really to wide. A player should never drop a character because he's wack, but in this game some mu are made in hell.

And drop those f**ng guests and make some new kool characters that are not geras or kollector (no offence, but after erron and d'vorha the new entrys feels really bad).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes -- rolling is the only option once knocked down and, although the floored opponent should be at a disadvantage, the armoured specials in MKX were a better system than adding more universal attacks that are predictable and that don't work as intended much of the time.

Yes -- MK11 is currently more throw-centric than SFV is. It's like what SFV was a couple of years ago, but, made worse by the down-1 jabs, that serve as effective "ticks" for "tick-throws".

Jumping has always been clunky in MK games, and some of the animations in '11' (like Kitana's janky floating jump) seem to exacerbate the issues. Shao Kahn's jump is pretty decent for a big guy (he's got a kind of Darkseid heavy kick), but, I do see problems for those who play against me in this department, and I heard many complaints as such.

Yes -- "death korners" in MK11 are particularly broken. Just watch any pro match, and if the floored player does not have defensive meter to roll away, it's game over. Most modern, 2-D fighters have this problem, however, and it's because most are very rush-down and mix-up heavy, the throw systems are over-powered, and the defensive systems aren't robust enough to deal with corners. MK11's meaty hits only make it worse, and also wholly reliant on ground rolls to escape death korners. I actually tend to back away from cornered opponents, because it renders it a guessing game, and one that's firmly to the non-cornered player's advantage (which feels kind of cheap).

Nah... It's just that you're at a MK fan site, and most dote on anything "Mortal Kombat". Thus, you won't get much sympathy here (even if people do agree with your sentiments); as the "echo chamber" effect and coherence theory that underpins mob rule, is strong here. I'm different because I just don;t give a shit, hate sheople that lurch along with the herd and, frankly, I just don't give a fuck what nomies think.

Your complaints seem to be mostly rooted in fact and, unfortunately, it's unlikely any of it will be addressed in any meaningful way (as is NRS's custom). In fact, I saw an MK_Tom_Brady video recently that called for nerfing the ground roll escapes (for forward rolls to use x2 meter stocks)... Which, if anything, would exacerbate some of the problems you cited -- nay mitigate them.

Just forget about it and buy the DLC ¯\(v_v)/¯
Wut.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Yes -- rolling is the only option once knocked down and, although the floored opponent should be at a disadvantage, the armoured specials in MKX were a better system than adding more universal attacks that are predictable and that don't work as intended much of the time.

Yes -- MK11 is currently more throw-centric than SFV is. It's like what SFV was a couple of years ago, but, made worse by the down-1 jabs, that serve as effective "ticks" for "tick-throws".

Jumping has always been clunky in MK games, and some of the animations in '11' (like Kitana's janky floating jump) seem to exacerbate the issues. Shao Kahn's jump is pretty decent for a big guy (he's got a kind of Darkseid heavy kick), but, I do see problems for those who play against me in this department, and I heard many complaints as such.

Yes -- "death korners" in MK11 are particularly broken. Just watch any pro match, and if the floored player does not have defensive meter to roll away, it's game over. Most modern, 2-D fighters have this problem, however, and it's because most are very rush-down and mix-up heavy, the throw systems are over-powered, and the defensive systems aren't robust enough to deal with corners. MK11's meaty hits only make it worse, and also wholly reliant on ground rolls to escape death korners. I actually tend to back away from cornered opponents, because it renders it a guessing game, and one that's firmly to the non-cornered player's advantage (which feels kind of cheap).

Nah... It's just that you're at a MK fan site, and most dote on anything "Mortal Kombat". Thus, you won't get much sympathy here (even if people do agree with your sentiments); as the "echo chamber" effect and coherence theory that underpins mob rule, is strong here. I'm different because I just don;t give a shit, hate sheople that lurch along with the herd and, frankly, I just don't give a fuck what nomies think.

Your complaints seem to be mostly rooted in fact and, unfortunately, it's unlikely any of it will be addressed in any meaningful way (as is NRS's custom). In fact, I saw an MK_Tom_Brady video recently that called for nerfing the ground roll escapes (for forward rolls to use x2 meter stocks)... Which, if anything, would exacerbate some of the problems you cited -- nay mitigate them.

Just forget about it and buy the DLC ¯\(v_v)/¯
Lol. You don’t even know what a tick throw is and you wrote a term paper backing this guy up and got nearly everything wrong. That’s a yikes from me.

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

Wigy

There it is...
Wake-ups are not busted, they condition you to not stay in your opponents face and/or walk up to them on knockdown. If you neutral jump, you beat most U3s, if you keep your distance you beat everything and can even punish them. Some U2s are basically useless and you can catch a wake-up roll with a grab. But if your opponent is always in your face on knockdown, then U3 is really good to steal their turn and stop their pressure.
If your opponent backs off every time to bait rolls and wakeup. That means there's no Oki. The neutral is reset. If the defender has good buttons this can be advantageous for them.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Wake-ups are not busted, they condition you to not stay in your opponents face and/or walk up to them on knockdown. If you neutral jump, you beat most U3s, if you keep your distance you beat everything and can even punish them. Some U2s are basically useless and you can catch a wake-up roll with a grab. But if your opponent is always in your face on knockdown, then U3 is really good to steal their turn and stop their pressure.
Great advice, just keep your distance and let them off the ground and out of the corner for free....

I am facing some problem in MK11 mechanism ,

1. Wake up options is not good most of the its jump only it would be better if you like MK9 and MKX
  2. most of the players do grab it seems this grab most important like SFV
  3. Jump mechanism is also not good
  4. if you are in corner then almost you lost the your opponent most of the time waiting for your get up roll so he/she can do grab and because this game wake-up special move are not like previous mk games.
maybe i am the only one who is facing the problem.
Listen up. All wake ups can be countered. These dudes are feeding you lies. You are right about what you were talking about. Invincible wake ups can be blocked for a free grab or combo if fast enough. Low wake ups can be stuffed by grabs, command grabs and low attacks. It's not difficult to see them coming or know when they're coming. Hell, even when folks stay on the ground, you can counter them just be staying close enough to whiff punish with a FACS (forward advancing combo string) or a grab. I like forums but most are full of people who like to try and make it seems like you dont know what you're talking about when you make a post about anything that they can exploit to win.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Listen up. All wake ups can be countered. These dudes are feeding you lies. You are right about what you were talking about. Invincible wake ups can be blocked for a free grab or combo if fast enough. Low wake ups can be stuffed by grabs, command grabs and low attacks. It's not difficult to see them coming or know when they're coming. Hell, even when folks stay on the ground, you can counter them just be staying close enough to whiff punish with a FACS (forward advancing combo string) or a grab. I like forums but most are full of people who like to try and make it seems like you dont know what you're talking about when you make a post about anything that they can exploit to win.
I don’t think you actually know what you’re talking about lol. For starters only some invincible wakeups can be full combo punished. Secondly, what are low wakeups? There’s not one wakeup attack in the game that hits low, and none of the wake up attacks are counterable by throws, only rolls.
Lastly, how do you whiff punish a delay wakeup? They’re not doing an attack, they’re just laying on the ground, so unless they get up mashing, you can’t whiff punish them, and in that case it still isn’t whiff punishing a delay wake up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but oh well:

I think wakeups, other than delayed wakeup, are kind of trash. Half of them don't work properly or have stubby ass range and they are easily baited and punished. I mean, you don't ever see pros using actual wakeup attacks for the most part. It's almost always delayed wakeup into buttons or just wakeup buttons.

I don't agree with the OP, but I also don't agree with people saying wakeups are strong.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy

I think wakeups, other than delayed wakeup, are kind of trash. Half of them don't work properly or have stubby ass range and they are easily baited and punished. I mean, you don't ever see pros using actual wakeup attacks for the most part. It's almost always delayed wakeup into buttons or just wakeup buttons.

I don't agree with the OP, but I also don't agree with people saying wakeups are strong.
U3 and u2 are both kinda ass. Rolls and delay are both really really good though.

I don’t think you actually know what you’re talking about lol. For starters only some invincible wakeups can be full combo punished. Secondly, what are low wakeups? There’s not one wakeup attack in the game that hits low, and none of the wake up attacks are counterable by throws, only rolls.
Lastly, how do you whiff punish a delay wakeup? They’re not doing an attack, they’re just laying on the ground, so unless they get up mashing, you can’t whiff punish them, and in that case it still isn’t whiff punishing a delay wake up.
I meant roll, but my auto correct and sweaty hands were working against me. I meant roll wake ups can be stuffed with grabs, command grabs and low attacks. And yes, folks that just sit on the ground CAN be hit with a FACS, it takes timing, but it can be done. They cant stay on the ground forever, they have to get up. You can either dash in for a grab or hit them with FACS. Even if they block, you can grab them. Stop acting like you know everything. Even I dont know everything. Most in these forums act as if they know EVERYTHING and that's disappointing.

I kill folks all the time thinking wake ups are a good tool, they're not. Most probably think I'm saying what I'm saying because I suck, lol. No, I win against people who act as though the wake up is going to save them. They're too predictable, not to mention you can bait people into trying to wake up if they spam it. Even if they dont spam it, it can be countered. I keep typing so fast, lol.

I mean pop up, but my auto correct and sweaty hands were working against me. I meant rolling wake ups can be stuffed with grabs, command grabs and low attacks, stuff pop up or launcher wake ups. And yes, folks that just sit on the ground CAN be hit with a FACS, it takes timing, but it can be done. They cant stay on the ground forever, they have to get up. You can either dash in for a grab or hit them with FACS. Even if they block, you can grab them. Stop acting like you know everything. Even I dont know everything. Most in these forums act as if they know EVERYTHING and that's disappointing.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I meant roll, but my auto correct and sweaty hands were working against me. I meant roll wake ups can be stuffed with grabs, command grabs and low attacks. And yes, folks that just sit on the ground CAN be hit with a FACS, it takes timing, but it can be done. They cant stay on the ground forever, they have to get up. You can either dash in for a grab or hit them with FACS. Even if they block, you can grab them. Stop acting like you know everything. Even I dont know everything. Most in these forums act as if they know EVERYTHING and that's disappointing.
Why are you inventing terms lol, I’ve never heard FACS in my life. Anyway yeah everyone knows that you can meaty with a button or a throw, I’m just saying that you can’t whiff punish a delayed wakeup because that doesn’t make any sense.
Also rolls can’t be stuffed by low attacks, they are invincible to everything except throws lol. I’m not claiming to know everything at all but I’m just pointing out what you’re saying is incorrect.

I agree! Forgot to mention rolls lol
If someone is expecting you to roll, like out of a corner, you're screwed. If someone waits for you to get up after staying down on the ground, you're screwed. I encounter this all the time when I'm in KL. Most think wake ups and delayed wakeups will save them, it wont if the player is smart.

Why are you inventing terms lol, I’ve never heard FACS in my life. Anyway yeah everyone knows that you can meaty with a button or a throw, I’m just saying that you can’t whiff punish a delayed wakeup because that doesn’t make any sense.
Also rolls can’t be stuffed by low attacks, they are invincible to everything except throws lol. I’m not claiming to know everything at all but I’m just pointing out what you’re saying is incorrect.
Forward Advancing Combo Strings, my dude. I don't call em whiff punishes because alot of the characters can travel half the screen with certain combo strings. Like Kotal Kahn, Cassie, Shao Kahn, Raiden, Jade, etc.