What's new

Am 1 the only one who facing problem in mk11

MKR

Noob
I am facing some problem in MK11 mechanism ,

1. Wake up options is not good most of the its jump only it would be better if you like MK9 and MKX
  2. most of the players do grab it seems this grab most important like SFV
  3. Jump mechanism is also not good
  4. if you are in corner then almost you lost the your opponent most of the time waiting for your get up roll so he/she can do grab and because this game wake-up special move are not like previous mk games.
maybe i am the only one who is facing the problem.

My conclusion from this post:
  1. The OP was used to mashing wakeups in MK9 and MKX everytime he got knocked down.
  2. The OP was a poke masher. And probably couldn't tech throws.
  3. The OP always kept jumping all games in MK9 and MKX
  4. The OP doesn't know how to use corner escape interactables. Morever, after getting knocked down he often refuses to block, he only wants to mash free wakeups and jump out

Wakeup options are considered very good in this game due to variety.

You have two rolls, two attacks, and delayed wakeup to boot.

Anti airs (FINALLY) out prioritize jump ins in this game. Jumping is still a good option for many characters but now you can't just hop around without consequence unless you play Scorpion or something.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Wow, you've been on this site for 13 years, but seems like you've just joined and opened your first scrub thread. I'll be gentle, and just say that you need to look at your gameplan and make changes based on that.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
The wakeup options are something I see people complain about a lot in this game, and I really don't get it. Considering how bad some characters' wakeups were in previous games, giving them universal properties makes a ton of sense to me balance-wise.

The timing takes a bit to get used to, I'll definitely give you that, but they really aren't hard, and the way it makes both you and your opponent actually think rather than mash a safe wakeup is super interesting to me.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
I am facing some problem in MK11 mechanism ,

1. Wake up options is not good most of the its jump only it would be better if you like MK9 and MKX
  2. most of the players do grab it seems this grab most important like SFV
  3. Jump mechanism is also not good
  4. if you are in corner then almost you lost the your opponent most of the time waiting for your get up roll so he/she can do grab and because this game wake-up special move are not like previous mk games.
  1. Wakeup options are very good. 2 Rolls, 2 Attacks, Delay and don´t forget a very important option called BLOCKING
  2. Throws are really good in MK11 (14% Damage!!!) that´s why people like to throw often. You can neutral duck them or tech them
  3. What is wrong with the jump mechanic? You press up, you jump
  4. No, you have not lost because you are in the corner! Don´t panic, use corner interactables for example. If your Opponent is waiting for a roll you can just grab them and throw them into the corner, or pressure them.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Wake-ups are not busted, they condition you to not stay in your opponents face and/or walk up to them on knockdown. If you neutral jump, you beat most U3s, if you keep your distance you beat everything and can even punish them. Some U2s are basically useless and you can catch a wake-up roll with a grab. But if your opponent is always in your face on knockdown, then U3 is really good to steal their turn and stop their pressure.

Wake up options is not good most of the its jump only it would be better if you like MK9 and MKX
Yes -- rolling is the only option once knocked down and, although the floored opponent should be at a disadvantage, the armoured specials in MKX were a better system than adding more universal attacks that are predictable and that don't work as intended much of the time.

most of the players do grab it seems this grab most important like SFV
Yes -- MK11 is currently more throw-centric than SFV is. It's like what SFV was a couple of years ago, but, made worse by the down-1 jabs, that serve as effective "ticks" for "tick-throws".

Jump mechanism is also not good
Jumping has always been clunky in MK games, and some of the animations in '11' (like Kitana's janky floating jump) seem to exacerbate the issues. Shao Kahn's jump is pretty decent for a big guy (he's got a kind of Darkseid heavy kick), but, I do see problems for those who play against me in this department, and I heard many complaints as such.

if you are in corner then almost you lost the your opponent most of the time waiting for your get up roll so he/she can do grab and because this game wake-up special move are not like previous mk games
Yes -- "death korners" in MK11 are particularly broken. Just watch any pro match, and if the floored player does not have defensive meter to roll away, it's game over. Most modern, 2-D fighters have this problem, however, and it's because most are very rush-down and mix-up heavy, the throw systems are over-powered, and the defensive systems aren't robust enough to deal with corners. MK11's meaty hits only make it worse, and also wholly reliant on ground rolls to escape death korners. I actually tend to back away from cornered opponents, because it renders it a guessing game, and one that's firmly to the non-cornered player's advantage (which feels kind of cheap).

Nah... It's just that you're at a MK fan site, and most dote on anything "Mortal Kombat". Thus, you won't get much sympathy here (even if people do agree with your sentiments); as the "echo chamber" effect and coherence theory that underpins mob rule, is strong here. I'm different because I just don;t give a shit, hate sheople that lurch along with the herd and, frankly, I just don't give a fuck what nomies think.

Your complaints seem to be mostly rooted in fact and, unfortunately, it's unlikely any of it will be addressed in any meaningful way (as is NRS's custom). In fact, I saw an MK_Tom_Brady video recently that called for nerfing the ground roll escapes (for forward rolls to use x2 meter stocks)... Which, if anything, would exacerbate some of the problems you cited -- nay mitigate them.

Just forget about it and buy the DLC ¯\(v_v)/¯

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Yes -- rolling is the only option once knocked down and, although the floored opponent should be at a disadvantage, the armoured specials in MKX were a better system than adding more universal attacks that are predictable and that don't work as intended much of the time.

Yes -- MK11 is currently more throw-centric than SFV is. It's like what SFV was a couple of years ago, but, made worse by the down-1 jabs, that serve as effective "ticks" for "tick-throws".

Jumping has always been clunky in MK games, and some of the animations in '11' (like Kitana's janky floating jump) seem to exacerbate the issues. Shao Kahn's jump is pretty decent for a big guy (he's got a kind of Darkseid heavy kick), but, I do see problems for those who play against me in this department, and I heard many complaints as such.

Yes -- "death korners" in MK11 are particularly broken. Just watch any pro match, and if the floored player does not have defensive meter to roll away, it's game over. Most modern, 2-D fighters have this problem, however, and it's because most are very rush-down and mix-up heavy, the throw systems are over-powered, and the defensive systems aren't robust enough to deal with corners. MK11's meaty hits only make it worse, and also wholly reliant on ground rolls to escape death korners. I actually tend to back away from cornered opponents, because it renders it a guessing game, and one that's firmly to the non-cornered player's advantage (which feels kind of cheap).

Nah... It's just that you're at a MK fan site, and most dote on anything "Mortal Kombat". Thus, you won't get much sympathy here (even if people do agree with your sentiments); as the "echo chamber" effect and coherence theory that underpins mob rule, is strong here. I'm different because I just don;t give a shit, hate sheople that lurch along with the herd and, frankly, I just don't give a fuck what nomies think.

Your complaints seem to be mostly rooted in fact and, unfortunately, it's unlikely any of it will be addressed in any meaningful way (as is NRS's custom). In fact, I saw an MK_Tom_Brady video recently that called for nerfing the ground roll escapes (for forward rolls to use x2 meter stocks)... Which, if anything, would exacerbate some of the problems you cited -- nay mitigate them.

Just forget about it and buy the DLC ¯\(v_v)/¯
Oof. I understand not liking the new wakeups, but to act like they're objectively worse in some way is very silly. Throw and corner pressure is not impossible to deal with, you just have to 1. Guess right or 2. Learn an opponent's habits more quickly.

The only thing I'd change about how wakeups work right now is to slightly increase the input window to make them work. It's just a little too small right now.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yes -- rolling is the only option once knocked down and, although the floored opponent should be at a disadvantage
I genuinely disagree with these statements.
Rolling is definitely not the only option when knocked down.
  • Delayed wakeup is meterless and grants full combo when they commit to meaty.
  • U3 stopped wakeup pressure as well, a very effective option for those who like to pressure you on wakeup.
  • Roll is only effective against players who over commit to strings on your wakeup.
  • The floored player is at a disadvantage and the standing one is definitely not at a disadvantage. When they over commit or do the same thing on your wake up is what put them at disadvantage.
Having so many options for different situations makes both players think instead of doing the same thing over and over.

Yes -- "death korners" in MK11 are particularly broken. Just watch any pro match, and if the floored player does not have defensive meter to roll away, it's game over.
Even if you have no meter you can still be quite effective in the corner.
There are plenty of meterless options for the grounded player.
  • if they attack on your wakeup you can Delay wakeup short/Long to make them guess when to press a button, if they guess wrong you are at advantage and out of corner.
  • if they wait for delayed you can wakeup into normal or mix putting them at disadvantage.
-you can wakeup throw to beat out several buttons.
- wakeup block is also quite effective vs certain moves.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Dude, this is ass backwards. Wakeup options have never been more powerful. The person who earns the knockdown is the one who has to guess now. There are too many wakeup options to the point where players are now neutral jumping on wakeup because the attacker is so timid due to the range of options the downed player has.

I’ve never been a fan of the tech differently based on forward or back throw personally, but you just need to work on teching. Grabs are a big part of fighting games.

Jump attacks are fine. Better than ever imo. Some characters have very strong jump ins, but basically all characters have good anti air buttons. Jump ins in mkx were ridiculous.

And dude....if you’re having trouble getting knocked down in the corner....you’re doing it wrong. It should be a bad situation to be knocked down in the corner. And if you’re rolling out every time it’s predictable. Have you tried blocking? U3? Delayed getup?....or again....blocking and taking your turn?

I have some issues with the game, but this aint it chief lol.

You sound like the player who wants to jump all the time, wakeup for free, and mash. Time to git gud my dude.

MKR

Noob
Thanks everyone for yous suggestions it seems mostly are not facing that kind of problem except 1 or 2 players included me
However i am happy you guys like MK11 but it seems this game is not for me, i don;t like throw type games and wakeup are very hard for me U 2 or U3 most of the character jump and that's annoying for me..

DarkSado

Noob
The wakeup options are something I see people complain about a lot in this game, and I really don't get it. Considering how bad some characters' wakeups were in previous games, giving them universal properties makes a ton of sense to me balance-wise.

The timing takes a bit to get used to, I'll definitely give you that, but they really aren't hard, and the way it makes both you and your opponent actually think rather than mash a safe wakeup is super interesting to me.
The problem is there way to much option when the opponent get knock down for a game like this.