What's new

All things Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare TYM group.

DavS13

Noob
I'v disliked the last couple COD's and starting playing battlefield instead, but I'm willing to give this one a chance because it at least looks like they tried to make it new and original. If this turns out bad however, this is the last straw for me. It would mean that this franchise is going nowhere, since this seems like biggest leap from the previous COD, since MW2 to BO1. I doubt the COD following AW will bring many changes, so if this one sucks, it's over.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ever since CoD4, I haven't really liked a single CoD game. MW2 was fun and was like Marvel, a lot of broken shit made it fun and at high levels it was competitive. They just kept adding more and more gimmicks, same thing happened with Halo for me. It's not that the game franchise is necessarily bad or objectively not fun, it's just bad to me and not fun for me. S&D at least was always fun and competitive, but playing nothing but Search gets boring after awhile.

Even if I was still into CoD, it wouldn't really even matter. After November 11th, no other game will matter for a long long time. I will be reliving some of the best gaming moments of my life, so have fun with your yearly CoD game!

:REO

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I preordered the cod xbone. I'll be getting it monday. I will play the game though not likely as much as I'll be on halo and Ki.
Tbh I gave up on the cod series after black ops cus I just felt it was stale, also battlefield is/was way better and sniping felt crisper and more rewarding in bf3/4. Now Im just thinking fuck it I'll give it another shot

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This is a lie.

Completely wrong.
It's not a lie or wrong.

There are definitely a bunch of people who haven't played the games enough or know enough about them to actually have a valid reason to hate them.

Look at the comment section of any COD vid close to release, you see an influx of people trying to come up with the wittiest diss for likes on youtube. There are people who go out of their way to complain on videos on channels that are openly dedicated to COD.

Of course that isn't everyone, there definitely many people have valid reasons for disliking the games and avoiding them.

They might think they're boring, they might not like the multiplayer, they might not like certain gimmicks, they might not like the palette.

Those are understandable, but "Fuck COD, it's the worst thing, right guys?" isn't.

It's not unlike the swarms of console fanboys going to the opposing console's videos to talk shit.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I just don't know why people can't let others enjoy a game they like without bashing them.

I understand COD hasn't been the best in the last couple years but it's still fun and I think AW can be the game Titanfall should have been.

And as a long time Battlefield player, I'm disappoonted with the route their taking
No, No, Just, Just...Battlefield 4

I love Battlefield and have been a fan for years but I like CoD as well. I enjoyed BO2 but didnt plag ghosts that much.

Hardline looks like shit but I am HOPING that they do something to make it good.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Played 4-MW3. Most of them were fun (COD 5 multiplayer was garbo but campaign and zombies were good). Honestly i wasnt interested after mw3 because bo2 just looked "whatever" to me. Even after bo2 came out i'd hop on mw3 & bo1 from time to time and it was still fun. I miss mw3 especially, i had some great times on that game.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
I played CoD 2 - Ghosts. Played gamebattles and everything. Honestly the game has just become stale. I don't believe that the games were shit (except for Ghosts, I think everyone can agree that Ghosts was shit), but all I see from advanced warfare is clunky movement, similar gunplay that IMO looks worse, and the competition is very bad most of the time. I've been watching streams of AW, but it looks bad man. I hope it is good, I want to like it, since I really loved the old ones, and I'll likely pick it up as my free game at the 2 for 1 deal at Target, but dude, it seems like total doodoo. For better gunplay, play Battlefield. For better movement and gunplay, play Titanfall.
However I will give CoD credit for being a very easy pickup and play game that can be fun, providing the game is alright (which Ghosts was not. Fuck ghosts).

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I don't need to defend my purchasing decisions from a bunch of people I only know on the internet. I'm not stealing and I'm not hurting people, THIS IS MY THING!! :D

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yeah my bad I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying CoD. My comment was directed towards @Pterodactyl since he said people only hate cod for the sake of hating it.
I didn't even see your post here before I posted. And yea, at first I thought the game was too much, too fast, over the top, etc. but I actually saw some dude playing it and the only thing I saw that didn't look "right" was the walk speed. It was literally as fast as the run from other games. I'm hoping that's a perk or something, because it was so fast it looks like it negates even using/having the run feature since you'll always have your gun up. Other than that it looked pretty cool.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I just don't know why people can't let others enjoy a game they like without bashing them.

I understand COD hasn't been the best in the last couple years but it's still fun and I think AW can be the game Titanfall should have been.

And as a long time Battlefield player, I'm disappoonted with the route their taking

I love Battlefield and have been a fan for years but I like CoD as well. I enjoyed BO2 but didnt plag ghosts that much.

Hardline looks like shit but I am HOPING that they do something to make it good.
I agree with you on that one, I heard that BF Hardline had alot of mixed to bad reviews. I wonder how the story will be sine its cops and robbers. It'll be like Payday but military style.

P.S. Are you related to @ColdSpine ?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I played CoD 2 - Ghosts. Played gamebattles and everything. Honestly the game has just become stale. I don't believe that the games were shit (except for Ghosts, I think everyone can agree that Ghosts was shit), but all I see from advanced warfare is clunky movement, similar gunplay that IMO looks worse, and the competition is very bad most of the time. I've been watching streams of AW, but it looks bad man. I hope it is good, I want to like it, since I really loved the old ones, and I'll likely pick it up as my free game at the 2 for 1 deal at Target, but dude, it seems like total doodoo. For better gunplay, play Battlefield. For better movement and gunplay, play Titanfall.
However I will give CoD credit for being a very easy pickup and play game that can be fun, providing the game is alright (which Ghosts was not. Fuck ghosts).
No, shutup we're playing together and that's an order. You're my day 0 bae for this. Everyone else who'll be purchasing this for Xbone is also welcome to hop on my back btw. Stick with me, and I'll be taking us to promised land.

Pictured: Me and Og Danimal rollin' up in the set on some fools Day 0

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
No, shutup we're playing together and that's an order. You're my day 0 bae for this. Everyone else who'll be purchasing this for Xbone is also welcome to hop on my back btw. Stick with me, and I'll be taking us to promised land.

Pictured: Me and Og Danimal Day 0

You have an X1 now?

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
My bro and I had tons of fun with Ghosts and still play it to this day... but I guess we took a break from the series after MW2, so didn't burn out on it like a lot of people.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
<3 <3 <3 Get MCC and Unity pls. I'll get AW if you do
Oh shit, I forgot MCC was coming out

After devoting insane hours and entire summers into holding down the throne in team doubles/ffa Halo 3, I promised myself years ago I wouldn't put the armor back on. Those were dark times for little shazzmeister jr, figuratively( had like no bitches) and literally ( I got like no sunlight), but even gods have to make sacrifices, i guess...

Fuck it, I'll preorder it when I buy the X1

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Lucky fucking me.

I managed to get a PS4 for $256 today.

Pre-order COD just before it was too late and i'm going to the midnight release.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They had one used for $300, in great condition, the controller hadn't even been used yet.

I also apparently still had some bucks left in store credit from selling the paperweight that was my original Wii about a year ago.

Looks like I got an early Christmas!

Last edited: