What's new

All things Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare TYM group.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This game is great.

I don't see how they can step back now, this EXO shit turned this into a whole 'nother game.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Its fine if you like to play COD. But really, why would you play it when there are 10x better shooters on the market.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I managed to get the game earlier than I intended. My only 2 major gripes right now are how bad the spawns are, and the connections. Besides that, the game is pretty fun. I also wish you could hear enemy footsteps better, but that's just me.

Don't buy it yet. I'll try to be brief. I sold a dota 2 Item for 300$, so I had a fair amount of steam funny money to spend. I was a diehard call of duty 4 fan and played it competitively but most of the CoD games after sucked in comparison at least in terms of PC releases. Anyways it's no secret that the recent Cod releases the past couple years have just been rehashes of each other. So I had my reservations on getting AW. But I watched Total Biscuits review and the game looked like a ton of fun, so I went ahead and bought it with some of the spare funny money I have in my steam account.

It is fun. However, the multiplayer experience is ruined because they decided to go with peer to peer hosting. If you look at reddit.com/r/codaw you will see there are tons of people complaining about the lag. I'm on a 50 Mbit connection and play many games without lag and I've witnessed it myself. It's extremely frustrating, you run around a corner shoot a guy 3 times and instantly die, you then watch the kill cam and see from their perspective that you never fired at them and that they saw you earlier.

They absolutely need to patch the game to support dedicated servers. It's 2014 and a game made 7 years ago had a much better multiplayer experience. That's just sad. And it's clear by their design that they were aware of this, in Cod4 the game supported servers of 32 -64 players, CoD AW supports a maximum of 18 players.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I'll most likely be buying this game tonight at midnight once my direct deposit hits. You guys can add me on PSN. I'm horrible at FPS though. I want to learn.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I have no problem with the connection however the game really just feels whatever to me. I'll probably play it a bit more but it seems to really only reward a run n gun or camping with a fully automatic weapon.

I'm gonna be on halo and ki much much more

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
It's a great game, but the exo is useless. Once per life? naw
Wow you must not know how to use it.

I've been demolishing people using the EXO speed boost while running circles around them with the Akimbo SMGs, and EXO ping which highlights enemies in close proximity through walls.

I used EXO hover with an LMG and it was awesome, EXO cloak has been good on my sniper class, and EXO shield makes getting in close with a shotgun easy.

Everything has a use, you just have to figure it out.

Besides what I meant was the movement not the abilities.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Might pick it up on Xmas, CoD always is kind of fun, this one looks alright so why not.
But how times have changed, just last year I was wetting myself months before release to get my hands on the new game, this year I forgot it was out lol

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
AW doesn't have bad spawn, the mode that has too many players for maps that size to have any semblance of consistent spawning does.

16+ is too big, which is why I never play groundwar
I don't play GW either, I only play TDM or Kill Confirmed, and I've still had spawns like this happen to me. You can't honestly say the spawns aren't bad. They might be worse in other game modes, but they're just bad overall. Maybe you've just been lucky and not experienced it yet, but it happens to me a lot.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can honestly say that I have yet to experience bad spawns, and I haven't heard about them in any other forums in which they talk about AW that I happen to be a part of.

I don't doubt that there are situations where the spawning just says "fuck it" and messes up, but that happens in every COD every once in a while, and some maps are worse than others.

I don't doubt i'll get demolish by a spawning flaw eventually.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
What guns are you guys using? It seems the first one is great but a lot of people in my kill and seem like they're using an smg or something

InFlames

dead
Yeah the spawns are pretty bad, you spawn like a feet away from enemies alot of times.

The thing about this game that really interested me was momentum, which is basically the return of the war mode from waw.

Aka the best fucking game mode in any call of duty

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Is anyone else experiencing consistent lag? It's absolutely ridiculous on Xbox one. It was playing fine yesterday but today it's messed up

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yeah the spawns are pretty bad, you spawn like a feet away from enemies alot of times.

The thing about this game that really interested me was momentum, which is basically the return of the war mode from waw.

Aka the best fucking game mode in any call of duty
Which is why WaW was awesome!

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Okay I'll make this short because I'm trying to play the next two hours before I head in to work at 4.
This is the first FPS I've ever purchased. Never been a COD fan before BOPS2, and even with that I only played Zombies seriously. I fucking LOVE zombies! When I heard that there was a zombies mode in Advanced Warfare I made up my mind I was going to buy it. I'm also going to buy the season pass for Zombies when it comes out. So As a person that has no bias towards the franchise... I like the game. Didnt get too far in the story, but it's super cool IMO. The multiplayer is tight. Different because of the suits that lets you jump high and fast dash to the side. I SUCK at the game, but I'm having fun. I wrote this to say that if there is anyone on the fence, and you have the $64 to spend go ahead and try it.

And OP I'm on the PS3 not PS4.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I'll have this game By the end of the month when I get the X1 Cod bundle, I will also be on the Halo MCC which is the real reason I'm getting the console I have been waiting for a price drop this big so now is the time

What guns are you guys using? It seems the first one is great but a lot of people in my kill and seem like they're using an smg or something
I mainly use the MOAR Sniper because its OP, or just very good.
You can use whatever gun you use as long as you play a fast paced game. Since i used a sniper I just kept switching fast over mid-long range battle. If you want the class setup I got you. Does anybody here have it on the Xbox 1????