What's new

All the things meter is used for in Injustice?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
You block then instantly push towards and do a special move. It is in Street Fighter x Tekken, and also in SF Alpha series ( which I think it has originated from).
I wonder if it's in this game because I swear I remember Sabin saying it was on the PAXEast stream.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow, i had a strange feeling you could use Meter on Intractables somehow, just when you thought you knew every mechanic bam, in the face it goes

BTW how is that a spoiler?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Excuse me, but as far as I know, Alpha Counter is a special attack you immediately do when you block to get off your opponent and damage him a bit. Push-block is just a push-block, you aren't throwing any special at your opponent.
I think you misread my post. I didn't say that's what it was; I said that's the term SF players have been using to describe Injustice's pushblock.
Example: http://shoryuken.com/2013/03/19/injustice-gods-among-us-behind-closed-doors-preview-part-1-black-adam-raven-and-system-mechanics/ (this is clearly taking about pushblock)

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
When you armor a raw f3 or b3. You can then dash cancel out of it and still have the armor. It's essentially a 1 bar FADC or whatever. It's what Skitzo said. You may want to add that on your list.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I wonder if characters with shorter, faster dashes will be able to take advantage of a forward-moving FADC.

Tom Brady

Champion
Meter has many uses in this game it seems, which is fantastic. I think there's 6 different things you can use meter for in Injustice.

EX moves: Not really traditional EX moves, but they essentially change the property of specific special moves of a character. These cost 1 meter

Push Block: Pretty self explanatory. If someone is pressuring you with block strings, you can push block at the cost of 1 meter. This pushes them back so they're no longer on top of you.

Meter Burn on Stage Interactables: You can meter burn on some interactables to give them armor.

Armored Wall/Ground Bounces: f3 and b3 are the universal ground and wall bounces for every character. You can add armor to them by meter burning them. This costs 1 meter.

ABC (Armored Bounce Cancel) Aka "FADC": You can cancel a normal into FF or BB, Meter Burn, then you can dash away, dash towards, or follow through with the wallbounce or groundbounce. This costs 2 meters.

Clash/Wager: After your first life bar has depleted, you're able to activate wager mode. You activate it while being combo'd, much like a breaker in MK9. You then wager meter, whoever wages the most meter gets a certain bonus. If you wage the same amount, neither player gets a bonus, and you end up in a neutral position with one another. Also, each player only gets one per macth.

Super: Pretty standard. Like X-Rays in MK9, or Supers in other fighters. You burn all your meter for a high damaging, cinematic attack that does good damage. Not usually worth it though, especially in a game where you can utilize the meter so much.

Is there anything else you can use meter for in Injustice?

its "MBDC" Meter Burn Dash Cancel. You dont have to use a bounce cancel, you can MB B+3/F+3 and dash cancel as well.