What's new

All 29 characters visualized. Which characters do you want to main? Which ones do you want to try?

Espio

Kokomo
First string/my babies
Jade
Erron
Kollector

Second string possibles
Sonya
Johnny
Kitana
Cassie
Kabal
D'Vorah

I don't like to call mains pre-release, but I really am digging Erron and Jade the most aesthetically.

Don’t know man. Play a lot of great Goro’s and I think he has more than one plus move in Fangs variation. Also remember Knicks obliterating Sonicfox with Goro
Here's the problem: If people are making extraordinary claims, you should be able to cite your points quite easily out the gate. Now you have moved from specials to "moves". The goal posts have seemingly moved. He does have plus on block strings which are very good.

There's no contextual analysis of why you believe he is this or that. I'm not going to get into a discussion about player versus player as that doesn't determine tiers nor does it account for match up knowledge or Goro doing well against SOME of the top like Cassie. Characters also look better when their flaws are not being readily abused.

I played some great Joker players, great Rain players etc and none of that automatically translates to the character themselves being top tier. I don't want to derail this topic further so if you would like to discuss Goro via pm or another thread, I would be glad to do so with you.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Al
First string/my babies
Jade
Erron
Kollector

Second string possibles
Sonya
Johnny
Kitana
Cassie
Kabal
D'Vorah

I don't like to call mains pre-release, but I really am digging Erron and Jade the most aesthetically.

Here's the problem: If people are making extraordinary claims, you should be able to cite your points quite easily out the gate. Now you have moved from specials to "moves". The goal posts have seemingly moved. He does have plus on block strings which are very good.

There's no contextual analysis of why you believe he is this or that. I'm not going to get into a discussion about player versus player as that doesn't determine tiers nor does it account for match up knowledge or Goro doing well against SOME of the top like Cassie. Characters also look better when their flaws are not being readily abused.

I played some great Joker players, great Rain players etc and none of that automatically translates to the character themselves being top tier. I don't want to derail this topic further so if you would like to discuss Goro via pm or another thread, I would be glad to do so with you.
right I got your point. Although I disagree with the part that player vs player doesn’t determine tiers. For example there is a game Super Smash Bros Meele in which tiers were changing for 11 years after the game’s release. Thanks to a player named aMSa who took Yoshi (bottom tier) to mid tier with his play style.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I hope both Cetrion and Kollector feel fresh and new and have bizarre powers and characteristics that we haven't seen before in other characters.
I agree 100%. In my opinion MKX introduced too many copy & paste characters (specifically the younger Special Forces characters). They were too basic.

I want cool and unique stuff in my MK games.

The Kollector for example could have something like a bag on his back and his two extra arms could be pulling potions and other stuff out of the bag and throwing them at the opponents. Maybe these potions could contain different spells or various other effects, which would perform special moves from characters we won't end up seeing for sure. Like imagine Kollector pouring a potion over one of his arms, then breaking that arm and healing from it (Havik). Or one potion exploding and creating a whirlwind, which would stun and damage the opponent (Fujin).

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I agree 100%. In my opinion MKX introduced too many copy & paste characters (specifically the younger Special Forces characters). They were too basic.

I want cool and unique stuff in my MK games.

The Kollector for example could have something like a bag on his back and his two extra arms could be pulling potions and other stuff out of the bag and throwing them at the opponents. Maybe these potions could contain different spells or various other effects, which would perform special moves from characters we won't end up seeing for sure. Like imagine Kollector pouring a potion over one of his arms, then breaking that arm and healing from it (Havik). Or one potion exploding and creating a whirlwind, which would stun and damage the opponent (Fujin).
Yes and Cetrion should have plant-like abilities, vines, carnivorous plants, thorns, seeds, mushrooms, spores, fungus there is so much you can do with plants.

Ceroder

Noob
I really wanted to main Skarlet, but she's too zoning focused.
I really hope Noob is an aggressive 50/50 character. If so, I will be maining him.
If not, probably Jade or Kitana. I'm curious about CET as well.

@Scyther And I'll steal your version if you don't mind :D :

HYPED: Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage, Mileena (if she's in obviously) Skarlet

YEAH I LIKE THEM: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Kotal, Sonya Blade, D'vorah, Geras, Kronika, Cetrion, Kollector, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kitana, Frost, Jax, Kano, Shao Khan, Baraka, Noob Saibot and Jade

NOT MUCH INTEREST: Jacqui, Geras, Erron Black

The roster looks really dope in this game

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Super hype: Kitana, Cassie, Mileena, Skarlet, Shao Kahn

Love <3 : Jade, Sonya, Johnny, D'Vorah, Shinnok, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Kotal Kahn, Noob Saibot, Kollector

Yeah, I like them: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Jax, Kano, Erron Black, Kabal, Geras, Cetrion, Frost

Not much interested: Liu Kang, Jacqui, Kung Lao

Better be in somehow: Rain, Tanya, Fujin, Hotaru

Wanna main: Noob, Erron, Kabal, Kano. Raiden, and Shang if he makes it.

Wanna try: everyone. I always give everyone a chance at some time in the lab. Even if they're not typically a character I like, whether their playstyle or character. They might just surprise me. Cutthroat Kano was that character for me in MKX.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Right now, I'm definitely maining the Tarkatan King, Baraka.

Otherwise, I want to try out Kotal and Jax. They might be the only true big-body grapplers in the game. I don't consider Geras to be one, he seems like a very gimmicky character that just happens to be a big body with a command throw.

I'm also interested in Cetrion due to the fact that she might be the Elder God/Aspect of Nature. She might have some interesting stuff to her.

Burn2019

Noob
Main: (learn effectively you mean? I don’t agree with only using one character)
Scorpion, SubZero, Liu Kang, Raiden, Jade

Try: Kitana, Frost, Noob, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Shang, Cassie.

Interested in seeing: Cetrion

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I am probably going to play the character that gives me a combo heavy feel but I plan to at SOME POINT try everyone
1. Kitana
2. Cassie / Sonya
3. Johnny
4. Jade

Leo

Noob
Riding Sonya and Johnny all the way. And yes, that was supposed sound dirty.

Shinnok was my surprise third main in X, so if he's back, I'm definitely giving him a shot. Otherwise, I'm curious about Shao Khan.

I'm gonna try everyone at some point, but also particularly interested in Kano.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
Kotal Khan is going to be my main and unless they've done something super drastic with him I don't see that changing. Kano is probably next after that but Jade seems really fun too. Hopefully, we'll get to play as them by the end of the month.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
For the time being, my focus is on Johnny, Erron and Kano, although I'm also interested in running a rushdown Skarlet.

I've actually got free time now, so I'll be labbing with everyone.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm gonna try all of them out and see how they fit my style. I'm honestly not sure who .gonna main but I am Hyped for:

Cassie
Sub Zero
Mileena
Kitana
Liu Kang
Noob Saibot
Jade
Kotal
Kabal
Cetrion

But most of all I'm hyped for DLC.

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Riding Sonya and Johnny all the way. And yes, that was supposed sound dirty.

Shinnok was my surprise third main in X, so if he's back, I'm definitely giving him a shot. Otherwise, I'm curious about Shao Khan.

I'm gonna try everyone at some point, but also particularly interested in Kano.
Riding Kano all the way.

But gonna play Sonya, Kitana, Cetrion and Jacqui.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Decided to rewrite mine cause I figure I should mention everyone as some have.

HYPE: Jade, D'Vorah, Noob, Skarlet, Kitana, Shang Tsung, and Mileena
INTERESTED: Kabal, Geras, Frost, Cassie, and Liu Kang (+Rain if he's in)
NEED TO WAIT AND SEE: Cetrion, Shao Kahn, Kollector, and Jacqui (+Kronika if she's playable)
NOT INTERESTED: Erron, Sub, Scorpion, Kung Lao, Baraka, Raiden, Kano, Sonya, Kotal, Johnny, Jax, and Shinnok

All of this is subject to change. I plan on going through and playing as everyone eventually, so I could find a surprise main in Jax for all we know. Obviously, HYPE characters are getting first priority when it comes to jumping into training and practicing and all that. INTERESTED characters are people I'm interested in checking out, but not necessarily head over heels hyped for. (Cassie and Frost are both somewhat bridging between INTERESTED and HYPE because I really like Cassie's personality in this game and if Frost is an android then she's getting picked up real quick.)

Cetrion, Shao Kahn, Kollector, Jacqui, and if she's in, Kronika, are all characters I need to see more of before I can really tell if I'm interested. Although Kollector's bridging between NEED TO WAIT AND SEE and INTERESTED simply off of his design alone. If he's really creepy with how he moves and talks then he's getting bumped to HYPE.

The NOT INTERESTED section are characters that, from face value, don't intrigue me like the others. I'm definitely going to play them all eventually, but until I get my hands on them and actually play them myself to see if I like how they feel, then there's nothing really pushing me to check them out.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Trying out all the new characters first to see what they're all about and if they fit me or not. But Noob and Kano are high on my list right now