What's new

Breakthrough - Alien Alien > Mids

So..this alien is a female then? Considering it's hurtbox.
You know... I was kind of wondering that. idk if this was mentioned on other posts (I honestly hardly ever check anything about Alien), but don't some of the variations or costumes look like boy aliens and some look like girl aliens? I haven't seen all of the movies, but I think the main alien was a girl, but there are boy aliens, too. It seems like the sex changes. One variation clearly births an alien and one fatality is the "queen."

At first I was mad when the new DLC characters were announced and there wasn't even one girl, but now it's like there might be a transsexual alien. XD

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
You know... I was kind of wondering that. idk if this was mentioned on other posts (I honestly hardly ever check anything about Alien), but don't some of the variations or costumes look like boy aliens and some look like girl aliens? I haven't seen all of the movies, but I think the main alien was a girl, but there are boy aliens, too. It seems like the sex changes. One variation clearly births an alien and one fatality is the "queen."

At first I was mad when the new DLC characters were announced and there wasn't even one girl, but now it's like there might be a transsexual alien. XD
I may be wrong, but I think your run of the mill xenomorphs don't have a gender. That's why they are designed to have both male and female features, they break down the gender line. The facehuggers are the main form of reproduction and the drones have some way to turn a victim into an egg, but it is never established as to how.
Check this out if you want to read more about it. Super interesting.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Xenomorph_XX121_(Alien)

I swear you can get lost in the AvP wiki reading about this stuff. There's way more going on than the movies ever touch on.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not sure about a ban just yet because I still don't see people consistently exploiting this tech. The hit boxes are wonky for sure and I've played matches where things whiffed that made myself and my opponent wonder what happened. One of the main things that makes me feel like a ban is overkill is the fact that while the Alien match-up is difficult, it does not feel as hopeless as pre-patch Quan and Tanya did at times. No joke it is tough, but it feels tough like the HQT Pred match-up felt at first. They will make you play by their rules for any mistake you make, the goal is learning how to play that system against them.

Who knows, maybe I'll get bodied by an Alien sometime soon and I'll be crying for a ban.

On a side note. I see these threads popping up about Alien nonstop, and in the past there has always been a target for threads like these. What do not see is much discussion on how any particular character deals with Alien. I feel there's a couple more steps in the dialectical process before an outright ban is necessary.

TL;DR- Is there anyone that feels their character(Using whichever variation is best for this match up) is a 7-3 match up favoring Alien? 8-2? 9-1? 10-0?

loogie

Noob
This is not specific to Alien hitbox, and his hitbox is the least of the issues with him.
sorry, I don't understand you. hitbox or hurtbox or whatever, the fact that Alien is able to duck an overhead tells me there is something off that needs to be addressed without even going to his other hit/hurtbox anomalies.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
sorry, I don't understand you. hitbox or hurtbox or whatever, the fact that Alien is able to duck an overhead tells me there is something off that needs to be addressed without even going to his other hit/hurtbox anomalies.
The OH whiffing is not consistent, and it has yet to happen to me even though Ive literally played thousands of games against Alien. Also what don't you understand? Almost every character can make Sonyas cartwheel whiff.

loogie

Noob
The OH whiffing is not consistent, and it has yet to happen to me even though Ive literally played thousands of games against Alien. Also what don't you understand? Almost every character can make Sonyas cartwheel whiff.
its not just Sonya's carthwheel, its a catalogue of things about Alien.. What I don't understand is your downplaying undertone.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
its not just Sonya's carthwheel, its a catalogue of things about Alien.. What I don't understand is your downplaying undertone.
How am I downplaying? You guys are crying about the wrong things. You have no idea of what makes alien great.

loogie

Noob
How am I downplaying? You guys are crying about the wrong things. You have no idea of what makes alien great.
do share please. obviously, we are reading into all the wrong things and not playing the matchup correctly.
i'm interested to get a more detailed explanation from you.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
do share please. obviously, we are reading into all the wrong things and not playing the matchup correctly.
i'm interested to get a more detailed explanation from you.
- He has the best mix ups at footsie range, and they're mostly safe.
- He has a fast advancing mid that you can't low profile that launches.
- Even though his strength is at footsie range, he can still punish and pressure up close.
- Ginormous hitbox in his flip.
- Top D4 in the game.
- Top J2 in the game.
- He's safe after every mix up with the flip.
- Guessing game after the standing reset.

I'm not seeing a lot of people punish the f134 meaty, and you CAN fuzzy the f134/f13 flip mix up. Not the other one, but it doesn't launch unless he does the OH. Random hitbox glitches that barely happen are not a reason why the character is good, at all.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
- He has the best mix ups at footsie range, and they're mostly safe.
- He has a fast advancing mid that you can't low profile that launches.
- Even though his strength is at footsie range, he can still punish and pressure up close.
- Ginormous hitbox in his flip.
- Top D4 in the game.
- Top J2 in the game.
- He's safe after every mix up with the flip.
- Guessing game after the standing reset.

I'm not seeing a lot of people punish the f134 meaty, and you CAN fuzzy the f134/f13 flip mix up. Not the other one, but it doesn't launch unless he does the OH. Random hitbox glitches that barely happen are not a reason why the character is good, at all.
I think you paint a pretty good picture, but you've yet to face an elite Alien. If I'm wrong, tell me...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I think you paint a pretty good picture, but you've yet to face an elite Alien. If I'm wrong, tell me...
I sent Dragon to losers in the challenger cup and almost won it. Plus he comes to my house all the time. What "elite aliens" are you guys playing?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I sent Dragon to losers in the challenger cup and almost won it. Plus he comes to my house all the time. What "elite aliens" are you guys playing?
Then, I was wrong. The "elite aliens" I've run into rolled me - and I actually think Sun God matches up better than others. Maybe I'm wrong and its me. Maybe its character selection. I don't want Alien banned, but a hot fix making him manageable would be nice. Then, we could continue down the line...
1) Alien
2) Mileena
3) Johnny Cage