What's new

aj1701's Video Thread!

aj1701

Noob
Dammit AJ, when are you gonna finish that hit box?

Also, I'm guessing I can't expect to see our matches uploaded huh?
Its still in progress. I'm not doing the woodwork, so I was waiting on my friend to drill out the layout so I can put the buttons in and be sure its right. Thats done so I need to get the full dimensions to him and then he'll build it. Also waiting on the art, but I hope it gets done soon too I'm excited about out as well.

No one has been able to help me fix our match recording, I may just upload and see what happens. If you like I can try to email it to you just pm me your email. I think it would compress well.

aj1701

Noob
@GamerBlake90: I've set my PS3 to output 720P, and went back to the M2TS container. It looks like this improved the quality to me, but I'd like a second opinion, if you wouldn't mind.

aj1701

Noob
vs Playpal

So I decided just to throw the video at YouTube to see what happened. It worked! Well, kinda. The video is like slow motion, while the audio plays at normal speed. Weird. But at least you can see what happened when I fought Playpal's Raiden!

Also, if anyone knows how to fix it let me know. I can now download the mp4 from YouTube, with I assume the correct duration.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
vs. Subzero142 - add another number to the growing Cyblax players, and boy what a Cyblax player he is. I'm told his human version has a safer teleport and a supreme d1 poke, and I experienced that firsthand when playing J360 one night. That guy knows his shit.

vs. Kskenny78 - I remember having played him in the 88's versus KILLA war and his Kabal was all over the fuckin' place. So godlike! And now he's building up on that Rain. Definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Another tip for you, aj: don't get in such a hurry to escape pressure. You have to be patient and wait for the opening to present itself. I probably told you this already, but it's important to realize that much after I watched your videos. You don't want to just eat damage for no reason.

I'll post again after watching the rest.

aj1701

Noob
GamerBlake90: Thanks for the feedback! I hope you're enjoying these. Yes, I do get tend to try too quickly to get out of pressure. It seems worse when they've got me in the corner. Maybe its a reaction to the older MK days when people could get you in the corner and it was game over. I am trying to work on it though. Maybe I should head into the practice room and just try to block the AI.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
vs @Insuperable

I didn't realize we played this long! Over an hour of punishment for Kitana. I managed to eek out a few wins I believe. Good stuff!

The video is still uploading, I'll update when its done.

Over an hour?! Oh my god!! hahaha We definitely have to play again though :) Very good games, Aj! Can't wait to see how you progress!

aj1701

Noob
Over an hour?! Oh my god!! hahaha We definitely have to play again though :) Very good games, Aj! Can't wait to see how you progress!
Haha ya I was shocked too once I had the videos stitched together. Thanks again for the encouraging words, it'd really suck if I hadn't made any progress, lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Okay, I'm sorry, it's been a while since I last looked at this thread. I just now watched your fights with Xx_Mr_Topper_xX and ChrispyCream7, so here's my thoughts on those videos.

vs. Mr_Topper - haha, the guy reminds me of myself, being such a roster whore...except he uses Jax while I don't. Anybody who can use Jax deserves some skill points in my book.

vs. ChrispyCream7 - oh GOD, I could just feel this guy's pain! Did you see how often he did Sonya's 1 1 Arc Kick? How he kept doing a naked 1 1 4 without cancelling into Stance and dropping his divekick combos? The character's so execution-heavy, it makes it even harder to be good with her online. Poor guy, haha. Still, he did very well in spite of all the dropped inputs...as did you.

aj, I noticed you like to do Fan Cutter on Wake-Up as a habit. Personally I wouldn't do that. I mean it works sometimes, but the Cutter can be ducked and punished, so it starts to become a weakness if you get too crazy with it. You don't always have to do a Wake-Up upon getting up from a knockdown. There are other routes you can take for strategy.

You also do the f4 1 overhead string quite a bit. I do not trust it at all. It may hit overhead, but it can easily be fuzzy-guarded AND a low-poke can interrupt the string before the overhead hits. You should know you can use f4 b4 as a low-hit variation, but it's still not something I'd get comfortable with.

About Wake-Ups...stop trying to snuff them out so much. Thanks to the previous patch, invincibility frames have been raised from five to ten if they are timed right, so more than likely your attacks will get beat out. You want to bait out Wake-Ups, not try to interrupt them.

You've passed up on quite a lot of damage for whenever you got the opportunity to punish the opponent. You can do so much more damage than what I saw you do in those fights. Usually you can do an f2 1 or 2 1 Fan Lift and go from there. Gotta work on the muscle memory. :)

I'll keep watching the rest! Good stuff so far.

aj1701

Noob
GGs man. Your iaf have been getting better. You get your hitbox?
Thanks. Still not consistent enough though. Yes, we're gonna talk about it sometime this week. GGs to you as well. Downloading the vid of our last set now, I'll edit it tomorrow and upload it. It was good to face some of your other characters, your Cage makes me hate life, lol.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
vs. Crazy_Stalker_88 - I see you met one of my fellow 88's. He has a good Cyrax, but I've got to talk to him about mastering his combos properly. He's not even going for the resets. Good job holding your own against him.

vs. ...me (GamerBlake90) - haha, yeah, I finally watched our video in its entirety. I'm still facepalming at how I let some of those attacks hit me, like ground fans from up-close and all that. But I'm sure you know how it is to be self-critical. I hope you aren't annoyed by the fact I used so many characters, it's just I prefer to keep myself from becoming predictable. Good games there!

I had to skip over the first video with Playpal, because sound and audio that is out of sync tends to turn me off. You understand, I hope. I notice you do have another clip of Playpal up, however, so I'll be sure to watch that. I myself have a forty-minute video where I fight his Johnny Cage with my Sonya, in case you're interested.

Keep an eye out for more of my feedback.