What's new

aj1701's Video Thread!

aj1701

Noob
This thread is where I'll post matched I've recorded. Since I have no local scene, it will likely be me playing online. Constructive critism is welcome!

aj1701

Noob
vs. Virge71

Good set against Virge71 aka [MENTION=608]Seapeople[/MENTION]. Or first match desynced, so I didn't post that one. Ggs to him!

aj1701

Noob
vs akpsil1904

Played a Raiden, who I didn't think was too bad. Its a shame that he had to be a retard in chat. He said "I guess you cud say 'aj' had a 'bad day'" Huh? Maybe if it was 4-0 him, but it was 2-2. Oh well, guess he was salty about the first two losses.

aj1701

Noob
vs pmgag

I've hit a lot of salty people today, here's another. When I asked why he did what he did at the end, he said it was because I kept donig the same thing over and over while he was trying to learn a new character. I tried to tell him he should learn how to stop what I was doing as that will improve his character and force me to do something else, but he didn't want to hear it. :(

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Going to watch all of this soon...exercising right now.

Lookin' great so far, aj! I wonder what's up with the skips in the videos?

aj1701

Noob
Going to watch all of this soon...exercising right now.

Lookin' great so far, aj! I wonder what's up with the skips in the videos?
Thanks Blake! Ya I dunno what happened there, I could see on my laptop it was having a hard time like it was lagging, but I don't think it was on my TV like that. I had another odd thing tonight, my TV actually blanked for a few seconds in the first one of the videos I'm uploading tonight. I'll have to watch the whole thing to see if it happened on the computer toon.

Somberness

Lights
The editing software won't go past the six seconds it thinks are there. Windows will play past "the end" though so its all there. If someone can help me fix the meta data I'll get it up.
Try opening it up in virtualdub and convert it with that. Or switching your recording settings, sorry I can't help much because I don't know about it. I still think you should switch from 1080i, or deinterlace the video so the combing disappears. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video :)

aj1701

Noob
Try opening it up in virtualdub and convert it with that. Or switching your recording settings, sorry I can't help much because I don't know about it. I still think you should switch from 1080i, or deinterlace the video so the combing disappears. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlaced_video :)
Ya I'm going to try that b/c I want to get some streaming going too, so I'll force my ps3 to 720p. It makes me sad though, if only the stupid media companies (including sony) would stop trying to lock down 1080p. Pirates have no problem recording it, but honest people like me have to deal with this stupidity.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Okay, I've watched the six vids that are up, time for some feedback:

vs. virge71 a.k.a. Seapeople- - Kitana has no reason to come near either Cyrax or Sub-Zero. Zone 'em the fuck out and get aggressive only if you see an opportunity or if you have no choice. Kitana seems more like the "keep-away" character type to me...but then, I don't main her, so I can't really make that call.

vs. AT-THE-READY - ...no comment. The kid was a total scrub with no skill. He'd better quit to save his own life.

vs. akpsil1904 - I don't like the fact that he got cocky and teabagged you, but I will concede he has a decent Raiden. He needs to not whore that superman so much, though. It's very risky. That, and Kitana struggles against the Thunder God.

vs. pmgag - Okay, doing nothing at all in the third match was just pathetic, why didn't he say NO to a rematch after the second game? Besides that, he was playing Cyber Sub-Zero, of course it's gonna be an uphill battle against your Kitana (apologies to the Cyber Sub-Zero community). At the very least, I do think he could have tried setting up with his bombs so as to force Kitana to stay on the move, but that's all I can think of.

vs. Panda510 - Meh, he's not a bad player, but he doesn't strike me as anything special yet. I WAS impressed by his Ermac, however, as he rightly kept you from using your breaker during the last game, so good stuff from him there. He should main that guy.

vs. Marauder427 - Another idiot scrub who has to pull. Not even worth acknowledging him.

A couple more things to add about your gameplay, aj.

1. You need to learn to respect the Wake-Ups. Bait 'em out and you can punish them. You got in a hurry to try snuffing them out, which is tougher to do because of the adjustments made to the Wake-Up system as of the previous patch. It's a bit of a 50/50: they will either try to surprise you with a Wake-Up or just stand up blocking. Also, control your own use of the Wake-Ups. Rely on them and you become vulnerable if they read you right.

2. You panicked and kept letting go of block at the last second. Try to calm your mind, don't react so much based on your impulses, and analyze your opponent closely when you're zoning him. The block button is your friend. I too have a tendency to panic, which I need to work on.

3. You need to practice up on being consistent with your combos, as you did drop a lot of them. I do realize it's hard to land Kitana's combos online, but it is possible. For example, instead of doing b2 to Air Fan after doing an f2 1 launcher, what I would do is a jumpkick to Air Fan as it works better.

That's about all I can think of from watching your stuff. Keep it up and I'll keep watching! We should battle sometime. (even though I utterly despise fighting against the blue fangirl, as she's a weakness of mine)

aj1701

Noob
[MENTION=416]GamerBlake90[/MENTION], thanks for the feedback, I'll certainly look at incorporating it. My execution is still not very good, as you saw, and I'm hoping my homemade hitbox will help once that's complete. You're also right in that I get too impatient, both trying to poke out of strings I should know I can't or trying to keep pressuring when it's not safe. I guess I've learned too many bad habits from randoms :)

I've got two more videos from yesterday on the way!

aj1701

Noob
vs Z:confused:D

Fun set, even though I got my ass kicked. Seemed like a solid player to me, and I also made a lot of mistakes.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
vs. Z:confused:D - he's a solid player, all right. I recruited him into the Crazy 88's after our first series, haha. I remember when he used only Sub-Zero, now he is branching out with success. Good games here!

vs. xFEARVIRUS - a very legitimate player, nice fights! I especially like his Raiden. After playing B W1zZ's last night and watching this one, I may have gained a few ideas to improve my own Raiden.

vs. etherbased - oh boy, ANOTHER contender for beast Sonya. I'm gonna have to mirror that guy. The catfights were epic! Sound was waaaaaay off, but I got the gist of what happened.

Dammit AJ, when are you gonna finish that hit box?

Also, I'm guessing I can't expect to see our matches uploaded huh?

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Hey, great vids.
You have the same problem I have. You need to have more to your game than low pokes and projectile spam against players who spam raiden/lao. I call them one-button characters which is not quite true obviously but I call them that because anybody can do 40% with them while Kitana takes a lot of skill.
Try to play less from gut and more from the head... so that I can learn how to do that, from you. :)